Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Motif's = How much are they worth?

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
I know crafting motifs are rare. So if I was going to sell one in a guld store? How much could I get for it? Thanks: )
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on which one.
    For example, Thieves Guild are not rare. People get perfect heists all the time, so that's basically two motif pages per heist during a double-reward event like the TG/DB one we had. The market Is still glutted by literally thousands of listings, and it hadn't really recovered from the last time they ran the event earlier this year.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 18, 2019 7:56PM
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Depends on which one.
    For example, Thieves Guild are not rare. People get perfect heists all the time, so that's basically two motif pages per heist during a double-reward event like the TG/DB one we had. The market Is still glutted by literally thousands of listings, and it hadn't really recovered from the last time they ran the event earlier this year.

Okay, my next question is? Is there a particular guild store I should list in on? Or all of them pretty much the same? Thanks
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is how you price motifs. Go to a trading hub like Rawkla or Wayrest and shop for motifs. If you cant find the exact one you have, find the same style. Note, chest, legs, helmet, staves sell for more than the other pieces
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, my next question is? Is there a particular guild store I should list in on? Or all of them pretty much the same? Thanks

If you are asking this question you need to learn about guild stores first.
    Try using Guild Finder to find a Trading Guild, one that claims to be friendly to newcomers so they can help you with all aspects of selling through a guild store.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I guess my next question is are there any universal guild trainers? Or can you only sell stuff through your own guild? And what does it mean I have to bid on it? So do I have to bid on it before I can use it? I am so confused lol!
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

Try using Guild Finder to find a Trading Guild, one that claims to be friendly to newcomers so they can help you with all aspects of selling through a guild store.

Okay, I could try that. But won't they get a cut of my sale?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, @SocialAssassin, but the trader taxes are pretty insignificant. Those cuts aren’t high enough to keep the trade guilds afloat by themselves. They supplement the weekly guild spot bid with other cash flows.

Trade guilds are a lot of fun once you find the right one for you. ;)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you could spend hours spamming zone chat trying to sell, or you can take the small percentage hit and sell it and go find more motifs
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Well, you could spend hours spamming zone chat trying to sell, or you can take the small percentage hit and sell it and go find more motifs

Thanks
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    I saw someone talking in zone about guild traders getting a cut which they couldn't afford just today. If you can't afford it, you're not playing the game. In the overall scheme of things, it's nothing, certainly not worth your time trying to sell it yourself.

Some motifs are very valuable. If you don't have addons which can tell you what they're worth, you could at least check out Tamriel Trade Centre for relative value.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best thing to do if your unsure of an items value and you don't have the add on's that give you an idea of the price, is to link the item into zone chat especially in the alliance capitals and ask for a price check, someone will link you the Tamriel Trade Centre prices, which show what the items is currently listed at in guild stores.

Others will also provide you the Master Merchant sales data for their guilds, which shows what the item has actually sold for in their guilds.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your on PC download Master merchant or Tamriel trade centre and join a couple trading guilds. Will give you a number as to what theyre selling for.