The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fellow mage, what house you use as "mage tower"?

Ildun
Ildun
✭✭✭✭
Do you use Grand Psijic Villa which reside in the legendary Artaeum?

The Observatory Prior in miraculous Clockwork City?

Perhaps floating Coldharbour Surreal Estate in dreadful Oblivion plane?

Or just something like Mara's Kiss Inn Room which near the wayshrine, Snugpod which near the dailies area? :sweat_smile:

Actually it doesn't matter you use it or not, my real question is which place do you think has the best mage resident feel? I really like Frostcrag Spire from Oblivion, I think the closest one in ESO is The Observatory Prior. However I didn't visit all house yet, is there any house you guys recommended?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a telvanni wizard, first choice of real state is Tel Galen B)
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love my Tel Galen Tower; it has everything I look for in a home. A lot of people are turned off by the mushroom theme, but I don't mind it at all. I play mage-type characters exclusively, so all of my characters feel at home there.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I originally picked up Tel Galen because of my fond memories of the Telvanni towers in Morrowind. After a couple of months I moved out. For me, it really doesn't live up to the otherworldly aesthetic or atmosphere present in the originals.

These days I am trying to make the Lake Amaya Lodge as mage-y as possible. With limited success.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people are turned off by the mushroom theme

Yeah, even though I love Morrowind, I still not fond of living in a Mushroom :sweat_smile:
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really like the tower in Hunding's Palatial Hall. It's not massive, but it's big enough that with some careful planning you can fit a lot of really cool mage-like stuff in there. I'm quite happy with mine.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually really like the tower in Hunding's Palatial Hall. It's not massive, but it's big enough that with some careful planning you can fit a lot of really cool mage-like stuff in there. I'm quite happy with mine.

My mindset limited my creativity :sweat_smile:

I always think that is just a watch tower.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Tel Galen going to become available again? Do homes regularly rotate through the Crown store?

I got ESO in large part to fulfill my dream of being a Telvanni mage living in my mushroom tower! :D
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    My magic forest in Hunters Glade is as magey as it gets!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a 'tower' as such, but Cliffshade is my Alinor/High Elf/Arteum style Mages Guild hall (levitating beds, giant bookshelves, glowing orbs, all that jazz). I also decorated the Ebonheart Chateau as a magical academy (to rival Shad Astula :wink:). I found the house quite well-suited for a magical build because it does have a tower, as well as a cellar you can use for less savory experiments.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend Earthtear Cavern. It is huge territory with zero loading screens and a lot of natural and walled environment to build wherever you want. At least my main, which is magblade, is in complete harmony with the place, I have my own enchanted grove, sky temple and hidden quarters in there.
    If you want to build a spire, you can build it, ceiling is very high and there are enough existing constructions to be base. Still place is more of a "sorceror" kind of mage, whose power comes naturally, from talent and leased from aedra/daedra, not from magickal devices and scrolls, which is more domain of a "wizard". (speaking in D&D terms)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Druid I use the Exorcised Coven Cottage in Glenumbra.

I’d like a tower that wasn’t the color of a flesh Atronach though.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free apartment in Auridon. Hey, my mage is cheap!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waiting for Wraithome to make my necromancer dream house
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakemire Xanmeer Manor is where all the Lizard Wizards chill...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on July 18, 2019 3:01AM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend Earthtear Cavern. It is huge territory with zero loading screens and a lot of natural and walled environment to build wherever you want. At least my main, which is magblade, is in complete harmony with the place, I have my own enchanted grove, sky temple and hidden quarters in there.
    If you want to build a spire, you can build it, ceiling is very high and there are enough existing constructions to be base. Still place is more of a "sorceror" kind of mage, whose power comes naturally, from talent and leased from aedra/daedra, not from magickal devices and scrolls, which is more domain of a "wizard". (speaking in D&D terms)

That does sound lovely! :)
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had options for a couple of the towers or keeps, or even the lighthouses, but they'ed have to have the middle floors that always get skipped when you enter and end up on the top floor.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My argonian sorcerer lives on Grand Topal Island.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Mornoth keep, but think best for a mage is the Snow Globe

Just wish houses had more actual use
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observatory Prior, where my mage will spend the last of his life in madness.

Ij8CuWN.jpg
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a workshop kind of lair, the Observatory Prior seems like the natural choice to me. Not coincidentally, it's the only Notable house I've ever bought for crowns.

Hunding's is more a nice place to live or visit that's big enough to have work areas. But really, since my characters share resources and effort, they're a team, so I see Hunding's as a clubhouse any of them can use.

I see the Psijic Villa as more like a shared museum they can acquire stuff for, and the Alinor townhouse potentially as a closer analogue to a classic Explorer's Club.

Awkwardly, I also think the Hunding's and Alinor Houses are among the best choices for chapel-like room with multiple Dark Brotherhood stained glass windows. But I imagine there would be other candidates for that concept as well.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen is really the only wizardly-feeling home for me, but it's a bit weird for non-Dunmer characters.

So nothing so far. Still waiting on something that feels appropriately wizardly.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think Ebonheart Chateau is the best for mage, but... its not a tower XD
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This

0f5d7c9523e10f7f66f3313c052f64d9.jpg

Because my mAge is poor and can't afford these millions worth Villas...
    Edited by UrbanMonk on July 18, 2019 10:51AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres the real estate person zos. I want to sell.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can't afford any house
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lightning mage currently resides on Artaeum.

Were it an option, he would probably reside in Clockwork City. It is not, however, an option because malevolent daedric forces have prohibited all people of Tamriel from obtaining said property without bargaining with Clavicus Vile. Real shame, that.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dont have it but tel glen would be dope