Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone listen?

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
We’ve said multiple times both prior & after “one Tamriel”, or was it the “see other factions in your zone”, or maybe that was the same patch...
But point still stands,

“If you’re going to have invisible/instanced players grabbing nodes as you approach them, you need to increase the number of nodes players can gather or make each node instanced as well.”

Gathering resources for crafting was not an issue before but has been an issue ever since this change was made, especially when you do events such as this latest one for thieves guild & dark brotherhood zones.
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any issues gathering nodes. However, I purposely stay away from nodes in "double" event zones because everyone else seems to be there. Just because the nodes are doubled, it doesn't mean that you will be harvesting enough to make it worth it when you have many people to compete with. If a zone has heavy competition, go to another zone.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This time I just stayed out of that zone.
    Double nodes are good but... I rather farm in a zone that's not crowded.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I've seen instanced nodes is when I have a crafting survey. I can see the nodes but only others with the same survey can also see them. And even if they show up at the same time as me and take their nodes, mine are still there for me. Am I missing a point somewhere? Have nodes been introduced into the game that everyone can see but are only available to certain people? Why would they do that?
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with "instanced" nodes.

It would help cull some of the bot farmers and protect new players from being out farmed in the starter zones by all the players with maxed gear/super fast speed buffs, etc.

It might also bring down some prices, which might be a detriment, but will also help new/lower players.

I would say...
    Instance them but make spawn half of what it is; to keep the market alive, while still making it "fair" to mat farmers of all levels.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double drop events is best time to farm in craglorn
    It may just be me but crux seems to drop a little better also
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    desndb wrote: »
    I actually agree with "instanced" nodes.

It would help cull some of the bot farmers ...
    Care to elaborate how? 'Cause it sounds like bot heaven to me.
    desndb wrote: »
    It might also bring down some prices, which might be a detriment, but will also help new/lower players.
    How would lowering prices of the only commodities they can sell on the market, because everything else they loot is vendor trash, help new players?
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this why every now and then I go to harvest a node and it just vanishes in front of me?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's worse, seeing the person do it, or not seeing them? I have to admit losing a master chest in this way feels bad. It is however a rare occurrance and I will just swap zones, come back and it stops. The overlap of farming circuits for small zones with 2x rewards is causing it to be more frequent, but it will die down again after the event.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Is this why every now and then I go to harvest a node and it just vanishes in front of me?

Yes, someone in a different instance that can’t see you & you can’t see them, they just swiped it before you.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    pdblake wrote: »

Yes, someone in a different instance that can’t see you & you can’t see them, they just swiped it before you.

Ah, I see. That just sounds wrong. I notice it a lot. Surely they should be only in one instance.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem here is resources (tech/hardware), needing to procedurally generate the same amount of nodes for every instance could be a lot of extra lifting for the server to handle.
    We don’t know ‘how many’ instances there are & so if there were 4, were talking 4 times every node in the game; which is a lot.

However, this isn’t a good reason for not doing something.
    A compromise should be made such as lowering the number of instances to decrease the number of times nodes need to be duplicated.
    So rather than having 4x, maybe just 2x is sufficient?
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I think the problem here is resources (tech/hardware), needing to procedurally generate the same amount of nodes for every instance could be a lot of extra lifting for the server to handle.
    We don’t know ‘how many’ instances there are & so if there were 4, were talking 4 times every node in the game; which is a lot.
    If resource nodes are shared across instances, that means all those instances have to communicate and synchronize with one central resource node generator. If node generation was too much stress for server (which it isn't, it's trivial respawn at fixed location on timer), the best solution would be to distribute that work among instances, i.e. let them have their own nodes.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you can easily test the “IF” part.

Group with a buddy and port to the location they are at, if you cannot see them you know you are in different instances.
    ( do not port to the person port to the location )

Both of you walk over and make sure you can see the same node. Use the map to make sure you are at the same node.

One of you loot it and the other one should see it disappear; easy.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I were skyshard hunting one day. Next to a skyshard was a runestone. I let the wife grab it, and it was still up for me after she gathered it. So I don't understand how that happened.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I were skyshard hunting one day. Next to a skyshard was a runestone. I let the wife grab it, and it was still up for me after she gathered it. So I don't understand how that happened.

She probably didn’t gather all of the items or the respawn was bugged to be really fast.
    Member of:

Former member of: