Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Green Pact set Q

Summ0n3r
Summ0n3r
trying to optimize my regen tank (cp250) so thinking to swap out my Ebon Armory set for Green Pact. the green pact says it gets a bonus to regen when using a food buff. this may be obvious but does "food" mean just that food and using a drink will not grant the 5 piece set bonus?

thx any tips much appreciated
win 10, i7-3930k @ 4ghz, 32gb, GTX 1070Ti
  • Summ0n3r
    Summ0n3r
    btw have Beekeeper 5 set on as well
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it means food. Drinks won't work.
    PC/EU DC
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Optimize for what? Your own health, or the group's? Ebon is a team-oriented set, and Green Pact is more selfish.

If you also use Beekeeper, another purely health set, then you may run short of stamina for blocking, and want to consider sets that provide that.

• Summ0n3r
    Summ0n3r
    ghastley wrote: »
    Optimize for what? Your own health, or the group's? Ebon is a team-oriented set, and Green Pact is more selfish.

If you also use Beekeeper, another purely health set, then you may run short of stamina for blocking, and want to consider sets that provide that.

thats a good point, i was thinking to maybe put in some stamina enchantments. I run with a healer buddy all the time and I seem to be ok sustaining myself and letting him focus on just keeping the DPS guys healthy.

It seemed to me the 1100 or so health the Ebon set gave to the group wasnt that big of a boon? I also run barrier which helps the group out.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem with this setup is it's greedy af, which is not really what is required of a tank. In this game, tanks are buffbots, which is why basically all the good tank sets help the team, not the tank. Ex. Alkosh is 100% pointless for a tank except the 5 piece, which buffs group damage. Ebon is worse than other sets (ex. PD) for the tank, but is a huge help in trials where dps are min-maxed; torugs is used only to increase the crusher debuff. There are situations where greedy is good (think last round of vDSA), but typically you shouldn't need this level of regen if you have a half decent healer.
  • Summ0n3r
    Summ0n3r
    msalvia wrote: »
    Problem with this setup is it's greedy af, which is not really what is required of a tank. In this game, tanks are buffbots, which is why basically all the good tank sets help the team, not the tank. Ex. Alkosh is 100% pointless for a tank except the 5 piece, which buffs group damage. Ebon is worse than other sets (ex. PD) for the tank, but is a huge help in trials where dps are min-maxed; torugs is used only to increase the crusher debuff. There are situations where greedy is good (think last round of vDSA), but typically you shouldn't need this level of regen if you have a half decent healer.

thx, do you have a setup you would recommend? im far from a vet at this game, and just trying to find stuff that works.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to keep your health up plus helping the group take a look at battalion defender.
    It’s a pvp reward set but can pick up on traders for a reasonable price