Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

need help with doing my first sealed crafting writ

user0666
user0666
I just recently discovered that I can purchase something at guild traders called a "sealed crafting writ". So out of curiosity i purchased one and am trying to work on it but need some advice because this is my first time doing a sealed crafting writ.

Anyway, if you look at the top/right of my first screenshot below, you'll see the things I have to do.
-I understand the "well fitted" part and I'm currently researching that trait so I can craft a cuirass with that trait.
-I also understand what kind of ignots I need to use and got that covered.
But my questions are:

1.What's the difference between a sealed crafting writ you'd purchase from a guild trader vs the free crafting writs in ESO?

2.Am I correct to understand that I need to find/purchase a Psijic chests motif shown in my second screen shot below?(just double checking before blowing all that coin once I have enough saved up)

3. I noticed that part of the list(upper/right corner of the first screenshot below) it says, "Set: Kvach Gladiator". How do i craft something as part of a set of any kind? For example, I have a few pieces of armor that's part of the Trainee set to boost my health and other stuff but I had to farm treasure chests to get them. was unaware i could craft actual sets of things.

4. Is there something else I'm missing on doing what I gotta do to fulfill this sealed crafting writ? I've never done a sealed crafting writ before so I'm just doing this out of curiosity.

5. what do i do with this cuirass once i finally craft it?

-also if it helps answer my questions, my character is at CP94

craftingwrit1.jpg

craftingwrit2.jpg

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't quite see everything in your images, but in general: sealed or master writs are rare drops from daily writs. They pay out an alternative currency called writ vouchers, that can be used for several different items. These writs are the only way to get vouchers.
    Yes you will need to learn the required motif chapter.
    Sets can be crafted at stations or in the world - that set is at a station north of Kvatch. You need to have researched 5 traits in the item you're making. Make sure you are able to make items with the correct material, ie you've put in all the skill points into the passive.
    The final item will be turned in to Rolis in one of the 3 capital cities.
    Edited by kringled_1 on July 15, 2019 5:21PM
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a master writ.(not the same as daily writs from the quest board) you will need to have crafting maxed out to make it, they are cp150 so you need that skill line maxed to to make cp150 gear. there are crafting stations around Tamriel for specific gear sets you can only craft. you go to them(google set name), each require 2-8 traits researched to craft. usually before you buy a master writ you verify you have the required amount of traits researched to craft that set piece and have that dlc unlocked if its in a dlc zone.

once you craft it there will be a quest marker in main cities such as wayrest to turn it in at.
    Edited by magictucktuck on July 15, 2019 5:24PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 kinds of writs in ESO: daily crafting writs which you can get from a board situated in or near crafting area in major cities, and Sealed Master Writs you sometimes get as a reward from doing the dailies once you reach max lvl in the craft. You can also sell or buy those Master Writs in the guild stores.
    To craft the item from the Master Writ you need three things: 1. proficiency in the craft (in your case Blacksmithing lvl 50) and max lvl of the material skill (lvl 10 in Metalworking in your case), 2. the motif - one from your pic, and 3. ability to craft the needed set piece, which means you need to have the appropriate number of traits researched (Kvatch Gladiator = 5 traits, including the one from the writ of course). Here you can find all the craftable sets with locations and requirements: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Crafted+Sets
    Of course you need also the materials.
    After you craft the piece, you need to bring it to Rolis Hlaalu, he can be found near the Supply Depot in every alliance capital. He will be shown on the map after you're done.

EDIT: I forgot about the fourth thing: to improve the item to "Epic" (purple) quality without wasting too much tempers you need the Temper Expertise passive, preferably maxed. Not required, but advisable.
    Edited by Streega on July 15, 2019 6:11PM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • user0666
    user0666
    cool, thanks ya'all! I got everything i need except the motif. I'm still waiting to sell a few things. Only 2 thousand coin away and I'll be able to get the motif. 30,000 coin seems to be the regular price for it. Is there a cheaper way to get that motif?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic motif pages drop in Summerset from chests,boss delves etc
    Edited by method__01 on July 16, 2019 9:37AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    user0666 wrote: »
    Is there a cheaper way to get that motif?

Motif pages (Psijic/Sapiarch) might be granted as a reward from completing Summerset daily quests.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    They drop, as mentioned, but rarely and you need that *one* special motif. So it's way easier to just buy it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Free or paying for it, you choose.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • user0666
    user0666
    ok
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭

1.What's the difference between a sealed crafting writ you'd purchase from a guild trader vs the free crafting writs in ESO?

2.Am I correct to understand that I need to find/purchase a Psijic chests motif shown in my second screen shot below?(just double checking before blowing all that coin once I have enough saved up)

3. I noticed that part of the list(upper/right corner of the first screenshot below) it says, "Set: Kvach Gladiator". How do i craft something as part of a set of any kind? For example, I have a few pieces of armor that's part of the Trainee set to boost my health and other stuff but I had to farm treasure chests to get them. was unaware i could craft actual sets of things.

4. Is there something else I'm missing on doing what I gotta do to fulfill this sealed crafting writ? I've never done a sealed crafting writ before so I'm just doing this out of curiosity.

5. what do i do with this cuirass once i finally craft it?

ANSWERS:

1. Nothing, aside from the amount of gold you are spending on it.

2. Yes, you would need to be able to craft the given motif (Makes sense to do all crafting on one toon)

3. There are set crafting stations throughout tamriel, but most guild houses have all the sets. That's the best bet for finding crafting stations. It's not hard to join a guild with all the stations!

4. You'll just need the skill level/motifs to do it. Only ever do master writs on your main crafter, with maxed out temper skill. And (if you're on PC/MAC), get a writ addon like Dolguban's Lazy writ crafter or WritWorthy, which will make it for you. No mistakes.

5. Drop it off at to Rolis, who is located in one of the three main cities (Mournhold, Wayrest, Elden ROot) right by the normal writ boxes.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never buy Jewelcrafting ones BTW! They are not cost effective at this point, even though many are listed for sale these days.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on July 17, 2019 5:40AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have purchased something that you don't have the ability to make - yet. I guess you're familiar with how the metal you can work with changes as you level up your Blacksmithing? Are you currently able to work with Rubedite? When you pick up ore nodes are they the red Rubedite yet? Have you leveled your metalworking passive to 10 yet (requires blacksmithing line to be at level 50 and 10 skill points invested into the metalworking passive)? Yes, you do have to buy the Psijic motif specific to the item you're making for the writ. The drops are so rare that it would take you ages to farm for it. Someone has already given you a link to a guide for finding the stations where you can craft the specific sets, but an easier option might be to join a large guild with a guild house that has all the set crafting stations. It beats running all over Tamriel. Here's a link to several video guides that may help. One explains master writs and how they work. Others on the page explain how to level different types of crafting quick so you can do the master writs.

http://deltiasgaming.com/2017/01/07/eso-master-crafting-writs/

The good news is that your writ doesn't expire. If you can't do it now, stick it in the bank until you can. Or you can always put it back up in your guild store.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
  • geosto1b16_ESO2
    you have a fair way to progress...

this site helps me a lot as to where crafting places are when doing master writs

http://deltiasgaming.com/2014/09/22/crafted-weapon-and-armor-sets/

good luck