The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Replace Ravagers with what?

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm taking suggestions on what damage set to pair with Impreg on my 5m/2h PvP stamplar. Seeing as Ravagers will be trash, I'll need something to replace it.
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a generic dmg set like hundings.

Because 600 (+38%) wpn dmg from 1 set was balanced.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a generic dmg set like hundings.

Because 600 (+38%) wpn dmg from 1 set was balanced.

It only had like 75% uptime in combat ;-)

I could easily switch to Hundings or Spriggans. Is one clearly better?
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 7, 2019 10:19PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it'll somewhat depend on your target, and what ultimates you're using. Assuming no other major changes happen between now and the patch going live (which may be very much the wrong assumption to make), I guess Hunding's will synergize better with Corrosive Armor or the 2h Ultimate, since your attacks will all ignore resists while those are active - with fairly substantial durations at that.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I suppose it'll somewhat depend on your target, and what ultimates you're using. Assuming no other major changes happen between now and the patch going live (which may be very much the wrong assumption to make), I guess Hunding's will synergize better with Corrosive Armor or the 2h Ultimate, since your attacks will all ignore resists while those are active - with fairly substantial durations at that.

This is for my stamplar. I'll prob still rock DB.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Briarheart?
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go archer and still proc it effectively if the wording holds for any attempt to reduce armor and not just melee then the physical snipe morph will proc it.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to pair ravager with Night Mother's Gaze. Since You are getting 1 stack of ravager every time You apply armor reduction debuff on enemy NMG will proc ravager every 1 second since it refreshes major fracture every second Your dmg crits and every time it refreshes it applies armor reduction debuff which means 1 stack of ravager. It'll proc ravager all the time and it'll take like 4-5 seconds to get 4 stacks and after that You'll have those 4 stacks for the next 10 seconds which basically gives You around 70% uptime on max amout of ravager stacks in combat which is actually better then currently on live server version of ravager and it gives You more control over the proc. NMG is also pretty good set for stamplar in general. As for crit resists You can increase Your defense from loosing Impregnable just by changing jewelery traits to protective which now gets buffed because of bleed changes. Or You can just replace ravager with new 7th legion since it'll just requite to use restoring focus once every 10 seconds to keep 100% uptime.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 8, 2019 4:13PM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Juhasow New ravager can only proc once a second. You would need to crit once a second with NMG, and it would still take 4 seconds to get to the full buff. That isn't inherently bad, but not as effective as you explained.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Juhasow New ravager can only proc once a second. You would need to crit once a second with NMG, and it would still take 4 seconds to get to the full buff. That isn't inherently bad, but not as effective as you explained.

Ah sorry missed that one about 1 sec cooldown on stack since there was lot to cover in new patch notes :joy: Well 70% uptime then. Still effective.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 8, 2019 4:07PM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm taking suggestions on what damage set to pair with Impreg on my 5m/2h PvP stamplar. Seeing as Ravagers will be trash, I'll need something to replace it.

I'd use Seventh Legion. Spriggan will provide more dmg and stam, but much less defense since 7th will also buff your heals and give 350 health recovery.

Briarheart will be getting a lot more use next patch as well, and stamplar can proc it very easily with jabs.

I'm changing my main back to stam next patch. I intend to go with Spriggan/Seventh, or Spriggan/Briarheart.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    I am concerned for my stamper. Right now I'm using bone pirate and ravager. I wish they would have just made ravaged a medium set
  • dominguero96
    dominguero96
    ✭✭✭
    Mate I would be mad also but I recently changed my ravager for spriggans combined with bone pirate. I liked cuz it was more consistent but had a bit less damage. With the future patch, I'll be better.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

I'd use Seventh Legion. Spriggan will provide more dmg and stam, but much less defense since 7th will also buff your heals and give 350 health recovery.

Briarheart will be getting a lot more use next patch as well, and stamplar can proc it very easily with jabs.

I'm changing my main back to stam next patch. I intend to go with Spriggan/Seventh, or Spriggan/Briarheart.

new 7th is nice, but u'll only ever get 350wd instead of 500. but yes, it's a good replacement for Ravager still. And as stamDK, my Fragmented Shield which triggers Major Mending and Minor Brutality, now will also proc 7th' wd and health recovery!

Honestly though, again, as a stamDK, and I'm spamming Nox breath, stacking new Ravager would be nice and would proc Seething Fury at the same time. I might try that.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

new 7th is nice, but u'll only ever get 350wd instead of 500. but yes, it's a good replacement for Ravager still. And as stamDK, my Fragmented Shield which triggers Major Mending and Minor Brutality, now will also proc 7th' wd and health recovery!

Honestly though, again, as a stamDK, and I'm spamming Nox breath, stacking new Ravager would be nice and would proc Seething Fury at the same time. I might try that.

Think you mean Volitile Armor
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Go archer and still proc it effectively if the wording holds for any attempt to reduce armor and not just melee then the physical snipe morph will proc it.

Potentially three stacks with an Infused Crusher enchant and NMG.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

sorry yes, i mixed up. my bad.

but still. pretty good i think.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really.. you cannot afford casting that armor buff to much. You are already limited in magicka as a stam dk. Your major mending is so expensive and so important. Fossilized also just got very expensive that will now be a no go for 90% of stam dks.. The old seventh is much better for a stam dk. However this will also be very good just have to build for it.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna try BP & NMG
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to try 7th Legion to start. We'll see how it goes.
  • e-rwan
    e-rwan
    ✭✭
    deadly strike is pretty good on stamplar.
    now you could still try something with ravager by casting potl every 5s
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coj901 wrote: »
    I am concerned for my stamper. Right now I'm using bone pirate and ravager. I wish they would have just made ravaged a medium set

yeah making ravager medium would make the most sense. I mean that's basically how i use it now since Jewelry crafting, Ravager Jewelry + weapons and medium set. they should have def made Ravager a medium DPS set, disappointing.
    Edited by Lucky28 on July 10, 2019 4:37AM
    Invictus
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Not really.. you cannot afford casting that armor buff to much. You are already limited in magicka as a stam dk. Your major mending is so expensive and so important. Fossilized also just got very expensive that will now be a no go for 90% of stam dks.. The old seventh is much better for a stam dk. However this will also be very good just have to build for it.

I tried PTS last night.

Volatile does proc 7th very nicely, and honestly, I don't engage a fight unless I have Volatile Armor. Otherwise it's suicide for my medium build DK in CP PvP.

I like the new 7th, even if i don't get with as much Wep Dmg.

Now I wanna try Ravager... if I'm building Seethin Fury with Nox breath, I might as well build up Ravager. I'll only be missing the health regen.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    coj901 wrote: »

yeah making ravager medium would make the most sense. I mean that's basically how i use it now since Jewelry crafting, Ravager Jewelry + weapons and medium set. they should have def made Ravager a medium DPS set, disappointing.

if Ravager is a medium I'll be 100% sure running Ravager + 7th medium build lol... who cares about DoT or penetration if u can pass 6k damage and leap at 30k?

PS: i'm just thinking out loud, since Onslaught gives 16 sec full pen, and as a Nord, I can generate 110 ulti under 10sec easy when fighting a big mob....... boy that's one painful DK leap......
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clever Alchemist is decent if you can time your burst well. Of course it will never have the same uptime as old Ravager, especially for Stamplar, but it is still a good alternative. The new 7h is also decent since you can proc it with a dirty cheap ability.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Razor Catrops will proc Ravager. An Infused Crusher enchant would proc it. NMG obviously. Seventh Legion can be back-barred, opening up a weapon set front bar or simply another +129 weapon damage piece. Honestly, what has happened is that all of these sets have moved from random procs to something more controllable which is IMO hugely better. Even Fury should proc more consistently, although it won't maintain it's stack. When you look at the proc conditions, I think we will see much better uptimes overall. Despite slight nerfs to the damage values, I am concerned that the heavy armor PvP meta will be as strong as ever.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ophelan
    Ophelan
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    New Razor Catrops will proc Ravager. An Infused Crusher enchant would proc it. NMG obviously. Seventh Legion can be back-barred, opening up a weapon set front bar or simply another +129 weapon damage piece. Honestly, what has happened is that all of these sets have moved from random procs to something more controllable which is IMO hugely better. Even Fury should proc more consistently, although it won't maintain it's stack. When you look at the proc conditions, I think we will see much better uptimes overall. Despite slight nerfs to the damage values, I am concerned that the heavy armor PvP meta will be as strong as ever.

Sure you can backbar seventh legion with ravager... in CP PvP, but for no-CP, you need a sustain set.

If there were no ICD, new ravager would be a crazy good option for wardens or necros. I don't see it working with the ICD in place, it would get outperformed even by hundings.
    @Ophelan - Roll Initiative Guild Leader
    Azuras Star NA - 'Ophh
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried on the PTS, Ravager + Night mother = full proc. :D
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Tried on the PTS, Ravager + Night mother = full proc. :D

It took about 5 secs though right?