The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New to crafting and need help

LordSafir
LordSafir
Soul Shriven
I’m not new to ESO, but I’m not very experienced either. I understand the basic systems like skills, attributes, and which attributes and skills one would want to have. However, I’d say the section I’m most inexperienced in that I really want to master is Crafting. Yes crafting in general, all of it. I understand traits, styles, research and times, deconstruction, and all that good stuff. I just feel like I’m missing out on a lot. I hear and read people using different names for things, ESO slang no doubt about it, and it just makes me feel like there’s a whole lot of information that the game doesn’t teach us. I ask my friends just to see if I’m missing something, but they know as much as I do. And I feel like this way the whole game, people just seem to know a whole lot more than me or anyone I talk to.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join an established (founded at least a year ago) social guild, your guildies will help you with that the best.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What are your concerns? We can help you here, there are a lot of crafters around.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • LordSafir
    LordSafir
    Soul Shriven
    All right I never thought much about joining guilds. I’ll check that out then.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want some direction setting up a crafter and a bunch of crafting alts (which many people have), try http://gq-game-mods.blogspot.com/2019/07/elder-scrolls-online-crafting-guide-for-new-players.html
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let the toxicity of the general forums scare you away from asking what you may think are "dumb" questions. A lot of us that frequent the crafting subforum are dedicated crafters across all platforms and we've all been where you're at now.

Stating which platform you play on will probably be the best, first-step, since PC has many addons available to semi-automate the crafting process that we on console do not have. Some of the crafting terms you may be hearing may reference 3rd-party addons rather than base game UI.

That being said, I peruse the forums daily, and focus here in the crafting section, so I will gladly provide any insight I can to help you on your way to becoming a Grandmaster Crafter!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Many here will definitely be helpful, even those I argue with!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSafir wrote: »
    I’m not new to ESO, but I’m not very experienced either. I understand the basic systems like skills, attributes, and which attributes and skills one would want to have. However, I’d say the section I’m most inexperienced in that I really want to master is Crafting. Yes crafting in general, all of it. I understand traits, styles, research and times, deconstruction, and all that good stuff. I just feel like I’m missing out on a lot. I hear and read people using different names for things, ESO slang no doubt about it, and it just makes me feel like there’s a whole lot of information that the game doesn’t teach us. I ask my friends just to see if I’m missing something, but they know as much as I do. And I feel like this way the whole game, people just seem to know a whole lot more than me or anyone I talk to.

Please give us specific examples of what you're having trouble with so we can try to help. As others have stated, knowing the platform you play on would also be helpful since PC has a lot of things that consoles don't. We are here to help you but can't if we don't know what you need help with. 😺

Edit: you did mention slang as being a problem. Here's a link to a forum thread with an ESO slang "dictionary." Hope it helps.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/136290/the-eso-slang-and-abbreviation-dictionary/p1
    Edited by LadySinflower on July 17, 2019 6:33AM