Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do we keep going after AD all the time?

Cuwen
Cuwen
✭✭✭
Why are we always hitting AD, even when they're in 2nd or last place? Why aren't we hitting the faction that's in first place? Doesn't seem like good strategy or very smart to me.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this at? On PCNA AD is in the lead, but if its a gap thats pretty much not goig to be closed, best to make sure whoever is behind you cannot catch up and play for second.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scores are irrelevant. The team who wins is the team with the best Aussie or Asian players who cap overnight.

Just play to have fun. Personally I like big battles so go to where the action is.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is full of sniveling Bosmer stinkblades. It's NEVER a bad time to hit them!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD is full of sniveling Bosmer stinkblades. It's NEVER a bad time to hit them!

I agree. NBs all need to die!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aussies and Asians are OP and need a Nerf.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Scores are irrelevant. The team who wins is the team with the best Aussie or Asian players who cap overnight.

Just play to have fun. Personally I like big battles so go to where the action is.

This is really true. Both parts. You can't fault them for wanting to play during normal hours for their time zones. It does mean that any imbalance in faction populations is going to translate into decisive leads over the course of the campaign.

Also, for what it is worth from somebody who has played pvp since the game started, on and off with some big breaks, you will enjoy the game more if you don't have killcount active and don't worry about the faction scores. It's groundhog day in Cyrodiil. Just enjoy the ride.

Also, there aren't really any color coded secret alliances. Even DC taking both Black and Blood while Fare had their scroll and then attacking Arrius can't make believe in the Illuminati. Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence or something like that.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The team who wins is the team with the best Aussie or Asian players who cap overnight.

"They mostly come at nights. Mostly."

Some of the most best and fun to play with friends i have are from the oceanic region. They have the worst ping ever, so "night capping" is a small benefit as a trade for it. There are us european no-lifers to fight them or beside them at nights too. Good people. :)

Also, personally i see campaign score same as in battlegrounds, it just takes 30 days for that battle to "end" instead of 15 minutes. So while i play for fun, i often also do things that give my alliance some score on the side too, helping with sieges or defending or making some of enemy zerg to come chase me at their homekeeps to make their zerg a bit smaller when they are on the offensive on our homeland. The reward is not huge in difference, same as in bgs.. but i like winning in general and if not possible due to population differences, i will make sure they have to work their butts off to get the win. Guerrilla tactics for life! B)

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always suspected the flatter topography of AD territory, and the more rugged topography of EP and DC territories, motivates EP and DC to assault AD more frequently than each other.

Further, I suspect our position at the bottom of the map naturally draws the attention of our northerly enemies: humans spend much more of their life looking down than to their right or left.

I am sure we can all agree the most equitable solution is to constrain Volendrung spawn points to AD territory.
    Edited by Urzigurumash on July 14, 2019 3:28PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are the best faction this is the price .
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindless zergs look at the central lower part of the cyrodiil map, which is AD territory.

Then there are the more organized groups, likely led by some unemployed try-hards whose members desperately trying to sit on top of each other as they are afraid of getting isolated and killed. They have full hate of our faction because we were winning the campaign over so many years nonstop :) . It is always much fun to see these organized raids getting busted sooner or later, one of the big reasons which keep me playing.

Then purple time happens also very often, usually in small scale fighting for nothing other than just the fun of PvP. Also usually during times where normal people should go to bed -- and in particular now since faction lock. That's why I love faction lock, its more of a challenge!

Regardless if our population is often the lowest, we will always try to give EP and DC a thrashing ;)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In Bahlokdaan, PC/NA, one of the main culprits is an NA streamer that starts in the afternoon and caps the map with his fanboys (if it isn’t blue already) and by prime time if they get pushed back to one emp keep they stack with the whole faction there and zerg down any groups that get close.

Even if EP and AD have less than three keeps each at the start of prime time we’ve found EP groups at AD’s few remaining resources trying to farm.

It’s really just a meme at this point.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Even if EP and AD have less than three keeps each at the start of prime time we’ve found EP groups at AD’s few remaining resources trying to farm.

It’s really just a meme at this point.

I see this a lot too, I think it makes AD better pvpers. A lot of time you’ll see some EP and DC attacking AD and not fighting each other, trying to sandwich the AD group.

One thing I’ve noticed is whenever a faction is outnumbered people tend to log off for the most part. There are more hardcore players who stick it out but small scalers disappear.

I find momentum matters a lot. People will follow the larger groups equating to a lot of people for a faction, they make a huge difference. I wish more people would stick it out, the big battles are the best.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

This is probably less a function of any particular desire to kill yellow than it is going to the blue side and 50 show up every single resource.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    *insert blame faction locks why reasons*
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    *insert blame faction locks why reasons*

I don’t think this is an issue really. ‘Playing with friends’ is code for faction hopping between DC and EP from what I can tell. Give it another couple of months and gamer dysfunction will take over and they’ll be at each other’s throats.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD have an abundance of immature triggered muppets and their 'hate' whispers are a never ending source of amusement and satisfaction :)
    Edited by Rowjoh on July 15, 2019 7:34AM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA is so different from PS4 NA.. EP on PS4 sound like AD on PC. EP have massive numbers skill ranges so varied, it's either smashing thru 50 of then with ease or getting smashed by a well put together group of good players.

However PS4 PVP is more balanced. Scores right now are less than 2k difference between each faction, EP won last month, AD is in the lead right now but DC is closing fast.

To the OP's point tho, EP and DC both always fight AD rather than each other. It's easier for both teams to crash south rather than go east and west.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Why are we always hitting AD, even when they're in 2nd or last place? Why aren't we hitting the faction that's in first place? Doesn't seem like good strategy or very smart to me.

As an AD player I can tell you this is what made me not care about group play or the map and start playing solo for myself
  • DGVish
    DGVish
    ✭✭
    I think it's because during the dead time for AD on PC NA it's just too easy to dominate them. Hardly anyone runs groups and for some reason the PUGs in zone don't want to join groups. Like all EP or DC have to do is attack one keep and AD crumbles. Don't even get me started on Alessia vs Fare. You can ask for groups and 99% of the time nobody replys.

We end up with some usual suspects running groups when they get on and retake control of the map and then I guess the Aussies do their thing when NA goes to bed. Yesterday was crazy coming back to holding 4 scrolls with both factions with all out attacks on us. It took the better part of 8 hours to regain control over our own territory.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it depends what sever/console your on. PC NA - 30 day CP campaign AD are in the lead by miles. So we mainly target EP right now to keep the second place and if the map looks good for us from an EP stand-point we all hit AD because screw them and their night raids >:) .
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because we're tall, beautiful, and have superior magical ability? I.e., we're irresistible!
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Caring about being in first place in a game mode that is so flawed as a competition that "winning" is basically meaningless, isn't very smart in the first place.
    Edited by Sylosi on July 15, 2019 3:24PM
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    It's really interesting reading all the different experiences and thoughts everyone has. Thank you very much for commenting!

I guess my main thing is, I don't know why EP and DC keep teaming up to attack AD. It's like, how is that a challenge. For one, they're in third place (I mostly play 30 day non CP) while EP is in 2nd. But I usually see team purple happening. And it's like, why? How is that fun? I like challenges. It's no fun ganging up and taking out the weakest. How can you call yourself a good PvPer if that is what you do? I guess I was just hoping to also hear from DC and EP that team up against AD for some reason even when they are in 3rd.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I think the southern part of the map has the best landscape for fighting personally, and the weather is really nice down there.

Alessia Bridge, the plain between Nikel and Roebeck, the plain between BRK and Sej.

Faregyl resources are my favorite resource farm.

Fighting at Bleakers and atop the wall north of Ales is fun too but it gets gloomy up there. The scenery is nicer down south and I think that can be a factor to why people are drawn to fighting AD.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ender, the enemy's gate is down."

That's why.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map isn't quite balanced, although it's better than it was. 2 towns behind AD emp keeps.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lower half of map is just much much much better to fight at than upper half.

Also no bridge there.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 16, 2019 3:56PM
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    because lesser folks feel compelled to team up against their betters
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way the map is laid out it almost encourages DC and EP to push south so that's what they do. I've seen times where Chal, Bleakers and Aleswell never even lit up for hours cos the other 2 alliances just pushed AD lol.