Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mounts without saddles

Vicarra
Vicarra
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since housing was released, I've wanted to be able to plant my horses in stables without their saddles on them. I would never leave a horse saddled up out in the field, so it doesn't make sense to me that we can't untack them. At the very least, if there is only one horse model available without the saddle on (the brown/white pinto that I've seen near the wayshrine in the north of Rivenspire), please make this one available as a furnishing. Also cows.

I am planning on buying the meadow when it's available, and I have a decent little flock of chickens to put there, but I would like to be able to place horses and other animals/mounts without saddles on them.
PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that I'd love to see this, but I also have zero hope for it EVER happening.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's easier that they'd sell the non saddled version as non combat pets (there's already at least a black senche, if I'm not mistaken).

It'd be lovely, I agree
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I'd love to see animals that counted as regular house items to make a farm.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    Ever since housing was released, I've wanted to be able to plant my horses in stables without their saddles on them. I would never leave a horse saddled up out in the field, so it doesn't make sense to me that we can't untack them. At the very least, if there is only one horse model available without the saddle on (the brown/white pinto that I've seen near the wayshrine in the north of Rivenspire), please make this one available as a furnishing. Also cows.

I am planning on buying the meadow when it's available, and I have a decent little flock of chickens to put there, but I would like to be able to place horses and other animals/mounts without saddles on them.

Assistants, mounts and non-combat pets are grouped under Special Collections, for which Housing has the absurdly low limit of 10 items. 10 pets or mounts or assistants on display at any one time. That's it. I've been railing against it since Housing became a thing but ZoS don't give a stuff.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the Imperial horse un-tacked near the Oldgate wayshrine. And the sorrel horse somewhere or other too. Daggerfall maybe?

It would be nice to have a "bare" option for placing in stables in housing. Use the same mount models that you already own, but when you place them in your housing, they have no tack.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love this to be an option!
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I also would love the option to take the gear off my mounts when they are used in a house, they would probably have to add a separate bare model for each, but I do not see why it would be impossible to do.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I also would love the option to take the gear off my mounts when they are used in a house, they would probably have to add a separate bare model for each, but I do not see why it would be impossible to do.

The mount armour (20+ Riding Stamina), saddle (20+ Riding Speed) and saddle bags (20+ Riding Capacity) are removable on almost every mount in game so the bare model is already there.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Hauteecole_Rider16
    Hauteecole_Rider16
    ✭✭✭
    The saddle itself is not removed - the speed improvement are really leg wraps. The saddle, unfortunately, persists on placed mounts in your homes.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cows!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You won't be able to make a proper farm, either way, sadly.

Even if you forego the banker, vendor and fence (which occupy the same category), you will only be able to put 10 animals (of any description - mounts, or pets) out.

Then you will only have a 700 furnishing limit, in an area with no house on it.

Meaning any structures you place (tents!), or build (sheds, as there are no windows/doors to use) will come out of that, leaving very little for anything else.

Open agricultural areas my seem like a good idea, in theory, but if you want to make an entire, complete, area they just don't really work with the current structural pieces, mount options and furniture limits.

Really, the only purpose of open plan areas is to provide a venue for very specific projects, or to house attuned crafting stations.

Not to make an entire, complete feeling, area.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 26, 2019 12:52PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »

The mount armour (20+ Riding Stamina), saddle (20+ Riding Speed) and saddle bags (20+ Riding Capacity) are removable on almost every mount in game so the bare model is already there.

No, it's not.

No mount is left bare when you remove them.

Try it yourself.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Cows!

Would need to be a small herd of them, or you would need the option to be able to place several of the same pet.

Otherwise, you will just end up with 2 or 3 different looking cows (as they're sold individually, as pets), which will just look like a couple of random cows have wandered off from neighbouring farms.

Same with sheep, goats etc..
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 26, 2019 1:04PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »

It would be visually nice if mounts didn't displayed their saddles while inside our homes.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that has changed since this thread was started is that now we have pathing — all the more reason to have the option to have our mounts without tack! I would love for this option to exist at least for mounts where there already exists models without such as some of the horses and senche-rahts. Although I would love to have my Indriks cavorting about an enchanted meadow unencumbered, most of all it seems inappropriate to me that my senche-raht companion should be wearing a saddle when relaxing at home! <3