The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to fight streak without major expidition

Kaysha
Kaysha
✭✭✭✭
Title says it all...
How do you guys deal with sorc now that the access to major expidition became very limited?
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer or just let them go

Generally not a good idea to chase a streaking sorc or you'll be cc'd with low Stam and in trouble

Learned that lesson the hard way :lol:
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send hate /whispers calling him a coward. Mention his mother in a derogatory term.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they want to run away they should be allowed to.
    the same goes for all of us, healing, stealthing, running away .. those are all valid, nothing wrong with that.
    please stop trying to destroy someones ability of defenses.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed the part where the OP was calling for someones ability of defenses. Sheesh.

Mag Sorc is ridiculously strong. Only chase them into the woods if you have buddies. They will not be out of magicka even after 3 streaks in a row. It's just a fact of life in the game. Same goes for chasing rolly polly nightblades.

Also no casting times on Ultimates :)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer > streak

Honestly it's ridiculous that this even has to be explained. Not sure where the entitlement came from that you deserve to be on top of your opponent all the time with no effort or build planning. Probably from the stam meta being here for so long you almost don't even have to slot a gap closer cause everyone just comes to you as ranged combat gets nerfed every patch.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Gap closer > streak

Honestly it's ridiculous that this even has to be explained. Not sure where the entitlement came from that you deserve to be on top of your opponent all the time with no effort or build planning. Probably from the stam meta being here for so long you almost don't even have to slot a gap closer cause everyone just comes to you as ranged combat gets nerfed every patch.

Lol I'm not really bashing streak but this is from the perspective of someone who is streaking and not the one gapclosing.

To constantly gap close a streaking sorc you have to predict their streaks and cast it... not to mention streak stuns so if it's a streak through you're already 1 gcd away. And that's not even considering lag.
    I must have missed the part where the OP was calling for someones ability of defenses. Sheesh.

Mag Sorc is ridiculously strong. Only chase them into the woods if you have buddies. They will not be out of magicka even after 3 streaks in a row. It's just a fact of life in the game. Same goes for chasing rolly polly nightblades.

The cat here gets it. Anyone sorc worth their salt in cyro catches some room it's chase at your own risk
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer > streak

Lol I'm not really bashing streak but this is from the perspective of someone who is streaking and not the one gapclosing.

To constantly gap close a streaking sorc you have to predict their streaks and cast it... not to mention streak stuns so if it's a streak through you're already 1 gcd away. And that's not even considering lag.

The cat here gets it. Anyone sorc worth their salt in cyro catches some room it's chase at your own risk

-Streak is 15m
    -Gap closer 22m
    -Streak, stacking cost increase
    -Gap closer no stacking cost increase and is cheaper to begin with.
    -Streak only stuns on the point of departure on the bad morph so that further cuts the distance if they steak through you for the stun.
    -Any uneven terrain and streak is shortened or you stop moving forward if you end in the air.

So gap closer > streak, still. The, "I actually have to think and react to streak then know how to push my gap closer button" doesn't hold water.

Not saying streak isn't a powerful tool but it really isn't all that powerful as chasing a speed stacking stam boi around los into DB combo is dangerous too.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer > streak

-Streak is 15m
    -Gap closer 22m
    -Streak only stuns on the point of departure on the bad morph so that further cuts the distance if they steak through you for the stun.
    -Any uneven terrain and streak is shortened or you stop moving forward if you end in the air.

So gap closer > streak, still. The, "I actually have to think and react to streak then know how to push my gap closer button" doesn't hold water.

Not saying streak isn't a powerful tool but it really isn't all that powerful as chasing a speed stacking stam boi around los into DB combo is dangerous too.

You can say all those things... they look good on paper.. but in reality it's just... no... just no dude get off your sorc and try to fight one.

And as far as the "I have to think comment" dude I play magnb. My escape is shade, talk about having to plan every situation. To escape streak is the don't think just press a button escape tool.

*edit btw I'm not attacking streak at all, I think the skill is fine. It's just I don't like people downplaying how good it is.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 12, 2019 11:13AM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer and you will get a DBoS in the face xD
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    and for gap closer, you have to be within 22m. When the sorc wants to fight at max range, there is very little you can do about it without major expidition.
    The solution would probably be to increase the range for cap closers to let´s say 25m.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gap closer, plenty to choose from depending on class.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually see streaks towards me rather then away from me. I don’t see how a gap closer helps that much. I break free and then need to turn around.

When it’s away from me I’ll see it used twice in quick succession.

Dude above has it right. Quit downplaying it, it’ll become a nerf streak thread. Thread looked harmless enough until all the sorcs came in spouting nonsense.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer > streak

-Streak is 15m
    -Gap closer 22m

You can say all those things... they look good on paper.. but in reality it's just... no... just no dude get off your sorc and try to fight one.

And as far as the "I have to think comment" dude I play magnb. My escape is shade, talk about having to plan every situation. To escape streak is the don't think just press a button escape tool.

*edit btw I'm not attacking streak at all, I think the skill is fine. It's just I don't like people downplaying how good it is.

Dude I play every class in every spec. 3 nb included (mag healer, medium woodelf, redguard brawler) and can say cloak is the easier skill to use effectively. I'm not a sorc main bud but nice try. Pets getting in the way of the gap closer and cc combo are a bigger problem than the streak. I have no problem staying on a sorc who is trying to get away with streak outside of pets teleporting suddenly with them and messing up the gap closer. As most the times they are on the ropes already when they go to streak away. Now if they are streaking back into teammates that peel for them that is a different story but that isn't so much streak as it is just solid tactics.

I'm not saying streak isn't a useful skill. But it's hardly an I win button. None of you had to waddle after a frost mage in WoW with intercept on a 30 sec CD and it shows. Staying on top of your target in ESO is cake compared to other games. Ranged combat hardly exists in eso cause of easy access to gap closers and major expedition. And that a gap closer is an effective counter to streak. All those other hypotheticals you bring up are separate issues. If you are having that much trouble run a gap closer and quick cloak and you will be able to stay on top of sorcs no sweat. Plus major evasion should help with any nasty attempts to turn and surprise you with a DB or meteor.

As I feel like everyone is looking for a solution that doesn't make them have to adjust their build or bars but at least gap closers and major expedition are useful outside of streaking sorcs.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think streak used offensively as a stun/gap closer is more dangerous. It is crazy easy to stay in melee range in this game.

There really isn't "ranged" vs "melee" because of gap closers unless you are hanging around the edges of combat lobbing attacks at targets distracted by the fight right in front of them. Either way, isn't major expedition available to everyone via the Psijik line? Next patch there will be even more options.

• ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the hands of good sorc streak is just a tool to spread out the marks that chase you and then rope a dope them. It's not OP by itself but it works really well with their tool kit. Now if I only had a potion that nullified their streak for 15.7 seconds. That would be cool.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    People saying you can't use a gap closer to catch a streaking sorc aren't doing it right or got outplayed. My mDK catches sorcs with empowering chains, and that skill has a delay before my character actually moves.

If a sorc streaks through you for the stun, and streaks again, gaining enough distance to be out of reach of a gap closer, then he has successfully kited you. That takes skill and is good to have in the game. Being kited sucks, but it is necessary to have that ability for ranged play.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem for me is not being kited. It´s just getting extremly hard to get into gap close range. The resource drain to do that increased drastically.
    A slight increase of gap closer range would probably be enough.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one streaks once, you at least streak twice to 3 times so you are out of range of gap closers.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    No one streaks once, you at least streak twice to 3 times so you are out of range of gap closers.

Exactly, and if they gap close, it's x+1 minimum UNLESS

You stack mobility with streak... But with the pts changes... I dunno if it matters much,. You won't hit #$&+ with cast times/cool downs etc
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds