The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

This month's Monster Set Style Page.... The great Bogdan

Insandros
Insandros
✭✭✭✭
I was wondering, i was trying to grab a few mask style page, then wait after it's not available anymore and sell it, as, when i got back into the game after a year out a few months ago, i put my hands on 2 Sellistrix mask page, but as new to the game after a break, i sold it right away, after i realised, after it's over, it sold for way more expensive... My question is, i have now two Nightflame mask style page, should i wait till it's not available anymore, will people still buy it, or should i sell right away, of course they spike up in price as seen from TTC website, but, do they actualy sell, or stays there for ever.... I know all depends on which set etc.. but is al a mater of taste, i personaly find it cool, as some find Zaan cool and i don't. :)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the supply becomes finite, the price almost always goes up. There have been a few exceptions (hollowjack motif pages, basic dremora motif pages, etc) where the market is flooded during their limited time production, but dungeon mask styles have trended much higher once the month is over.

I think a lot plays into how difficult the particular dungeon is as well. Elden Hollow II isn't what I would consider one of the more difficult II-variations, so if more people can run it on veteran/hard mode easily, then the greater chance the market will see more masks.

Style does play a certain part, but I think most people buy these mask styles simply to have it because of a completionist mentality and not because they actually plan on converting their headgear to that style. The vast majority of players I see are using the 'hide helmet' option anyway to show off their characters' faces.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Once the supply becomes finite, the price almost always goes up. There have been a few exceptions (hollowjack motif pages, basic dremora motif pages, etc) where the market is flooded during their limited time production, but dungeon mask styles have trended much higher once the month is over.

I think a lot plays into how difficult the particular dungeon is as well. Elden Hollow II isn't what I would consider one of the more difficult II-variations, so if more people can run it on veteran/hard mode easily, then the greater chance the market will see more masks.

Style does play a certain part, but I think most people buy these mask styles simply to have it because of a completionist mentality and not because they actually plan on converting their headgear to that style. The vast majority of players I see are using the 'hide helmet' option anyway to show off their characters' faces.

Yeah agree with you on msot of it, though i think people buying the style is morely for look only, like someone who uses Grothdar but don'T wanna walk around like he has a troll sacs streched on his head, so it hides it, but maybe like the look of Skoria, besides wearing skins which really shows a completion of hard stuff in some cases, i personaly only used monster set for the uses, i always hidden helmet for 2 reasons, 1, all my toons are mostly themed and i selected details on face to matches it, and otehr reaosn, monster i mostly use are ugle, Grothdarr, Illambris, Bloodrot Forge, not to mention Troll King, even Velidreth i hate it, cuz seems like yous tucked your head in a spider corpses, gross. :) But agian i am not a reference, as most people go ons howing their vMA staff, i use a costume on most toons, even for the vMA staff or Bows, always hated it and found it looked like a Dwemer ***, first time i costuems when i got back in game few passed months was, tu assigne a style costume to those weapons.

But agian is a 50/50 bet, eitehr they sell more, or either they sell less, i ratehr wait, sell them only 150k then sell them now 250k and they sell after for 500k i guess. But still, 150k out of a free item, it's not that bad.
    Edited by Insandros on July 3, 2019 5:10PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Feric51 said, once the window on the dungeon drops ends ... there is no more supply for a very long time.

Likely years even ... for Bogdan to cycle back through. That’s if every monster style gets a one month window AND if ZOS decides to offer the style pages again (which they’ve not confirmed).

I still have Kena style pages that are worth a lot right now.

Which is why I have zero interest in the mask and shoulder style pages. I never wear them since my characters always hide helm.

A lot of players do like them though ... mostly for the completionist factor.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 3, 2019 5:11PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Feric51 said, once the window on the dungeon drops ends ... there is no more supply for a very long time.

Likely years even ... for Bogdan to cycle back through. That’s if every monster style gets a one month window AND if ZOS decides to offer the style pages again (which they’ve not confirmed).

I still have Kena style pages that are worth a lot right now.

Which is why I have zero interest in the mask and shoulder style pages. I never wear them since my characters always hide helm.

A lot of players do like them though ... mostly for the completionist factor.

I'm pretty sure that, when it was on the PTS, the upcoming (no date yet) undaunted event was going to drop all of the previously released monster helms. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I've heard a few different, reliable people say so.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well after al i didn't take any chances, i sold them out already, realised the set is out since a few days only, and TTC website is already at 15 pages of the mask, 15 pages of the website, not 15 style pages, so around 10 mask per page x 15 pages, it's a *** load of mask that is ont he market already, and will be a ton more by the time it ends. As Feric said, it's such an easy dungeon it'll be overloaded on the traders.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bogdan is Slavic name, fyi. Quick translate from Russian to English will be... "god gift" :#
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    Well after al i didn't take any chances, i sold them out already, realised the set is out since a few days only, and TTC website is already at 15 pages of the mask, 15 pages of the website, not 15 style pages, so around 10 mask per page x 15 pages, it's a *** load of mask that is ont he market already, and will be a ton more by the time it ends. As Feric said, it's such an easy dungeon it'll be overloaded on the traders.

Yeah, there are plenty for sale and I didn't even bother running it, I just bought it. More for completionism than anything else, besides, I've got more gold than I need.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeon difficulty, length, and gear drop usefulness dictate the helm style page values. Molag Kena and Lord Warden, pricey because casual players don't farm those vet dungeons. Troll King, pricey because all Blessed Crucible gear is useless. Bogdan isn't totally brain dead easy on vet, short with the jump down skip, and the monster helm is desirable, so middle of the road helm style value.

On top of that, unless there is some "every monster weapon set is in the crown store and their helms are dropping this month get em while they're hot!" event, the longer you wait the more valuable. Very limited supply with high demand.

Can practically guarantee there is going to be a large re-release event though, too much money on the table for ZOS not to. Risk-reward comes from guessing how long you should wait accurately. Just check traders to see what the price is at per usual, see a few for 500k that have been posted for 2+ weeks try selling for 400k-450k.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the “re-release” was already mentioned in the patch notes. (On mobile so I’m not looking it up) But, I think part of the new use for undaunted keys will let you directly purchase most/all of the previously released monster style chapters.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I think the “re-release” was already mentioned in the patch notes. (On mobile so I’m not looking it up) But, I think part of the new use for undaunted keys will let you directly purchase most/all of the previously released monster style chapters.

If thats the case then I'm going to stop trying to get a mask. I've run that dungeon 25 times now still with no drop. I do have the shoulders though
    United we stand, divided we fall.