Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online folder in ProgramData instead of in Documents

Edelner
Edelner
✭✭
I deleted my Elder Scrolls Online in Documments and after launching game it appeared in hidden folder ProgramData instead of in Documents.How to solve this problem?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edelner wrote: »
    I deleted my Elder Scrolls Online in Documments and after launching game it appeared in hidden folder ProgramData instead of in Documents.How to solve this problem?
    You should be able to simply cut-and-paste the ...ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online folder to the ...\Users\UserAccountName\My Documents folder. The game client will look for it in that file tree. If the game client does not find the folder in ...\My Documents, then I suppose that it creates the one that you found in ...\ProgramData.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to simply cut-and-paste the ...ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online folder to the ...\Users\UserAccountName\My Documents folder. The game client will look for it in that file tree. If the game client does not find the folder in ...\My Documents, then I suppose that it creates the one that you found in ...\ProgramData.

same issue. sorry for the necro rez...

suddenly my launcher CREATES and started using programdata instead of my doc.

and it seems random 50/50 which one it uses. and yes now both exists. and if i delete the programdata one, sometimes it'll run with fresh config (and none of my add-on)

this is annoying. help anyone?

Win10 PC here.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Symlink e.g. ProgramData/ESO -> User/ESO.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Symlink e.g. ProgramData/ESO -> User/ESO.

well damn imma try that tonight lol
  • Edelner
    Edelner
    ✭✭
    Go to Windows 10 privacy section and enable Documents - it helped me.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Windows 10 privacy section and enable Documents - it helped me.

ok will do! that sounds about right.

i tried creating symlink and it seems like it works, but somehow my screenshots are... well... acting differently lol

anyway, would be nice to just have 1 spot.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Davadin

The following procedure might be useful:
    ProgramData

Other than that, I have no idea as to why the events which you describe occur. FWIW, I am still running Windows 7 -- too busy to install and configure Windows 10 <sigh>.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Davadin

The following procedure might be useful:
    ProgramData

Other than that, I have no idea as to why the events which you describe occur. FWIW, I am still running Windows 7 -- too busy to install and configure Windows 10 <sigh>.

i'll try!

now having same issues with PTS. it builds it in C:\programdata and i hate it. if i make a link from there to \user\Documents, it works but i can't save any settings, like it doesnt have permission.

and again, i get "access denied" with mklink if i do the reverse: create a link in \doc into \programdata.

stupid launcher. stupid oneDrive sync.

PS: i checked the privacy settings too and does allow app to manipulate my Documents folder.