The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Racials ruin this game for me

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though, the fact this is an Elder Scrolls game but so utterly limited because of just how powerful/important racials are SUCKS. The fact I can only play an Altmer or Breton as a MAGICKA character or otherwise actively gimp myself is so stupid. Why can't the racials just be flavour stuff that don't matter? Why not give everyone the freedom to play any class/attribute with any race they want?

And it's not just that you can say 'Well if you go Altmer you just won't be the best stamina nightblade' No no no, this isn't about being 'BEST' you'll be USELESS, you'll have ZERO bonuses compared to others that scale up.

You already changed the racials once why not just freaking end this? And Khajit being the only ones with sneak bonus, honestly URGH

Have you played any TES games besides skyrim??? Classes have always been important until skyrim
  • leokafilyeb17_ESO
    leokafilyeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though, the fact this is an Elder Scrolls game but so utterly limited because of just how powerful/important racials are SUCKS. The fact I can only play an Altmer or Breton as a MAGICKA character or otherwise actively gimp myself is so stupid. Why can't the racials just be flavour stuff that don't matter? Why not give everyone the freedom to play any class/attribute with any race they want?

And it's not just that you can say 'Well if you go Altmer you just won't be the best stamina nightblade' No no no, this isn't about being 'BEST' you'll be USELESS, you'll have ZERO bonuses compared to others that scale up.

You already changed the racials once why not just freaking end this? And Khajit being the only ones with sneak bonus, honestly URGH

Have you played any TES games besides skyrim??? Classes have always been important until skyrim

I know it's hard to keep up, but we're discussing races. Not 'classes'. :)
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta love all the people saying 'It doesn't matter just run X food if you pick Y race' you literally contradict yourself in the same sentence. If the racial matters so much that I need to run a different consumable if I'm not playing a Magicka Breton THEN YES THEY MATTER.
    Neoealth wrote: »

Because ESO is a TES universe game and TES games are openworld RPG'S and where you come from is important to your character, it helps define your build, it adds depth. If racials were just "flavor and didn't matter" what would be the point?

I'm not really for just pushing lore aside and dumbing down the game. If you want dumbed down go play WoW or something, everyone has the same builds there pretty much.

Gotta love this in particular, you imply there is no point if the racials were just for for 'flabour and didn't matter' then literally go on to say you don't want lore pushed aside. Since when the hell exactly has lore=gameplay in this game before? Have you even played the game lately? The classes are all very lore accurate are they? Get out.

Well actually I was just quoting you there, you asked "Why can't the racials just be flavour stuff that don't matter"? And I was explaining why we need them. As a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) notice the RPG part, role playing game. ROLE PLAYING. Racial traits add a level of depth to the role playing element.

Pretty clear and simple really. For example, in the lore, dunmer have always had a natural resistance to fire. It makes perfect sense they get this in eso. Redguard have always been amazing sword fighters and warriors, so it makes sense they have good stamina. etc etc.

Remove racials and just make everyone the same and you take something away from the game. So no. You "get out" :p
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since racial passives were changed to flat bonuses, the difference between races in terms of raw power became less significant. Yes, when bonuses were percentage-based, you HAD to play Altmer/Dunmer/Breton if you were mag-based. Now? You can more effectively fill any gaps in your build with gear based on the role you want to play, since racial bonuses mimic set bonuses.

This is especially true from a PVP perspective. My magDK, for instance, is a Nord. In the past, the only viable choice would have been Dunmer or Altmer. I was able to go Nord, however, since I had many options available to make up for the magicka loss. Going Nord as a melee range magDK means that I have more resistances, more stamina, and more ult gen; this makes it easier to manage the increased damage I take from being melee range, makes it easier to sustain dodge rolls/blocking, and helps me gain leaps (my execute, essentially) faster.

My magplar is a Khajiit. The khajiit’s crit damage bonuses synergize very well with the magplar toolkit. I’ve paired it with Mechanical Acuity and the Shadow mundus. When Acuity procs, my jabs basically melt people like butter. I would not have been able to run khajiit on my magplar prior to the racial changes.

Racial bonuses have never been better in this game, now that they function like set bonuses. They give more freedom now to build unconventionally than they ever did. If you’re an endgame trials meta chaser who min-maxes, then yeah, you’re limited to certain races — but that has always been the case. The average PVE player and all PVP players have the freedom now to choose any race they want.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP:

I think the recent racials overhaul made this a lot better and I really like where it is now. I play an imperial magplar. Not top tier DPS but the extra health and stamina is a little survivability cushion that I welcome, especially in pvp.

I would guess that race typically only affects DPS by like 5% anyway... Anyone know a more concrete number?
    Edited by worrallj on July 10, 2019 12:08PM
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically, by each race having a somewhat different physical appearance makes them unique even without the passives.
    Take the species in SWTOR, there is no bonuses to being a Sith Pureblood but having a Sith Pureblood Jedi would be considered unique because it’s rare for them to join the Jedi. The ability to have Empire/Republic races faction locked in SWTOR was changed because money— I mean the devs wanting for character freedom .
    I would even argue that allowing people to pick their passives would be more unique and would allow you to better “role play” your character; a Redguard Mage, an Altmer Warrior, etc.

Meh, what do I know, I’m just posting for fun.
    Edited by Coppes on July 10, 2019 12:04PM
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of reasons for playing a particular MMO. There's lore, flavour, art style.. story, whatever. Racial passives and abilities are important in the setting. It's what makes things different (otherwise, why bother with races at all, we could all be grey things with the appropriate number of limbs to attach weapons to).

Whatever your playstyle, either pick what you like, or min/max and pick what's most effective (coz if you're only after scores/maxing.. what doe's it matter what you look like).
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love all the people saying 'It doesn't matter just run X food if you pick Y race' you literally contradict yourself in the same sentence. If the racial matters so much that I need to run a different consumable if I'm not playing a Magicka Breton THEN YES THEY MATTER.

Because ESO is a TES universe game and TES games are openworld RPG'S and where you come from is important to your character, it helps define your build, it adds depth. If racials were just "flavor and didn't matter" what would be the point?

I'm not really for just pushing lore aside and dumbing down the game. If you want dumbed down go play WoW or something, everyone has the same builds there pretty much.

Gotta love this in particular, you imply there is no point if the racials were just for for 'flabour and didn't matter' then literally go on to say you don't want lore pushed aside. Since when the hell exactly has lore=gameplay in this game before? Have you even played the game lately? The classes are all very lore accurate are they? Get out.

Well actually I was just quoting you there, you asked "Why can't the racials just be flavour stuff that don't matter"? And I was explaining why we need them. As a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) notice the RPG part, role playing game. ROLE PLAYING. Racial traits add a level of depth to the role playing element.

Pretty clear and simple really. For example, in the lore, dunmer have always had a natural resistance to fire. It makes perfect sense they get this in eso. Redguard have always been amazing sword fighters and warriors, so it makes sense they have good stamina. etc etc.

Remove racials and just make everyone the same and you take something away from the game. So no. You "get out" :p

The current racials don’t add depth they add restrictions. And if this was an rpg the racials would reflect the games lore, for many races they do not.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Uryel wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Racials matter for competitive endgame players, they don’t matter for normal players.

Wrong again, as usual. I don't even remembver the last time you were right. Maybe if you stopped spoutinng your nonsense as if it were biblical word you'd someday become somewhat right.

So, shall we talk about Bosmer racial changes again ? Stealth never was something the competitive players care about. It was something for the normal players, as you call them. A nice gameplay mechanic that allowed to avoid combat whenever you damn well pleased, that made justice system easier... Basically, a choice of character orientation. One chose a stealthy Bosmer because they wanted to be stealthy, and it was a nice bonus to it.

Now, that was removed, after 4+ years. No, we can't change Werewolf to make it have interactions with the justice system, or remove animation canceling, it's been too long, we'd alienate part of our community with that, they said. But breaking several years old characters, no issue, sir.

But hey, I suppose you're gonna say it was awesome anyway, as usual. Or that stealth players are not "normal" player, so you can stick to you "true scotsman" fallacy.

Wow, bringing the Bosmer complaints into this thread because most of your other threads all got locked... I was solely talking about competitiveness but thanks for reminding me why Bosmer players‘ tears are so delicious.

No wonder people have a hard time taking you seriously.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine being a Goblin and zos nerfing you out of the game. I agree.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I rather have birthsigns(Stars?) like other TES games and put the racials in there. Just keep the flavors that aren't really combat related on the races. argonians swimfaster orcs are good at blacksmithing.exp. Let cosmetic be cosmetic choices and combat choices be combat. No race is incapable lore wise between mag and stam.

But I think orc shouldn't get tank size health and the best damage passives. That doesn't make since combat wise there is no balance on that scale. I hate that sustain classes can't run bi-stat but over sustain on normal sustain foods. That bothers me as well.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I only play imperials I'm on the fence about the issue, sure I wish my race wasnt looked down on as one of the worst stam dds but i also love the hp bonus. I loved the recent changes to red diamond (it was so *** pre wrathstone) I think every race should have 1 lore friendly passive (red diamond, magnus gift) then the other 2 should be picked from a pool of options.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

The current racials don’t add depth they add restrictions. And if this was an rpg the racials would reflect the games lore, for many races they do not.

It's an MMORPG. The MMO part means there needs to be balance. Because people are playing with other people. So they can't be full out traits like the single player games, but it does go with the general theme of their lore racial traits. I already gave examples which you seem to have ignored when you implied the racials don't reflect the lore. They do, just not as full in your face as say, skyrim for example where dunmer have an ancestral ghost to fight with them in combat as well. Would be nice, but would also be an unfair advantage. But they do have the fire passives as i mentioned, which is lore friendly.

Orcs, good fighters, strong, they have good stamina, so their racials reflect that, bretons are known for good magic resistance, and it shows in eso, nords can deal with the cold, their racial reflects that. I could go on for all the races. So you are basically wrong.
    Edited by Neoealth on July 10, 2019 12:52PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you just call my Khajiit MagSorc useless? :'( You've hurt Dehyesha's feelings.

Long before khajiit got their Racials changed to include a little max magic, recovery, and crit damage, i still played one as a magsorc, and i still did just fine. I even just left the old Carnage passive empty cause weapon crit on a magsorc was pointless, but i still went and got vet Trial clears on that character.

Racials arent as important as youve made them to be. They are bonuses, strictly additive, not mandatory.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Racials are only as important as you make them. I have a Nord ice mage(warden) that melts in pvp and pulls enough DPS in pve to not be ineffective in endgame content
    Edited by ImSoPro on July 10, 2019 1:10PM
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still rock a Khajiit Mageblade.

- I beat VMA on a Mageblade Khajiit.

- Got through half a VMOL progression group as a Khajiit Mageblade (I race changed for the last half because I wanted more recovery so it was a personal choice) .

- Competed in weekly high score runs (VMA and Trials).

- I know a player who got Flawless Conquerer on a Khajiit Mageblade in VMA.

- Did successful bombings in Cyrodiil as a Khajiit Mageblade.

All this was completed when Khajiit's has nothing to offer for Magic builds. I did lose potential recovery and damage but it never stopped me. Polish up a rotation and you can do a lot of things solo when maxed out. Unless you are one of the top tier end game players, race doesn't matter for casual play.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on July 10, 2019 1:18PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • BlueRaven
      BlueRaven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an MMORPG. The MMO part means there needs to be balance. Because people are playing with other people. So they can't be full out traits like the single player games, but it does go with the general theme of their lore racial traits. I already gave examples which you seem to have ignored when you implied the racials don't reflect the lore. They do, just not as full in your face as say, skyrim for example where dunmer have an ancestral ghost to fight with them in combat as well. Would be nice, but would also be an unfair advantage. But they do have the fire passives as i mentioned, which is lore friendly.

Orcs, good fighters, strong, they have good stamina, so their racials reflect that, bretons are known for good magic resistance, and it shows in eso, nords can deal with the cold, their racial reflects that. I could go on for all the races. So you are basically wrong.

Oh boy. I hope you are sitting down.

Imperials are not supposed to have a better stealth passive than wood elves, dark elves, or argonians.

Argonians are supposed to be poison resistant not disease.

Wood elves should have the disease resistance trait.

Orcs traditionally wear heavy armor and use shields, this game encourages them to wear medium and dps. (Also they are supposed to be good at melee, so why are they better at bows then wood elves?)

Nords are supposed to be like bezerker Vikings, so why are they encouraged to be tanks?

High elves are not supposed to great mages, so they get a buff to offspec regeneration? What?

And this is all off the top of my head as I am at work. If ZOS can’t do the racials correctly don’t have dps related racials hard wired in.
    • ImSoPro
      ImSoPro
      ✭✭✭

Imperials are not supposed to have a better stealth passive than wood elves, dark elves, or argonians.

Orcs traditionally wear heavy armor and use shields, this game encourages them to wear medium and dps. (Also they are supposed to be good at melee, so why are they better at bows then wood elves?)

Nords are supposed to be like bezerker Vikings, so why are they encouraged to be tanks?

High elves are not supposed to great mages, so they get a buff to offspec regeneration? What?

And this is all off the top of my head as I am at work. If ZOS can’t do the racials correctly don’t have dps related racials hard wired in.

Well Argonians are immune/resistant to that Knahaten flu so they should probably be resistant to both. They come from a filthy swamp land. Also Nords are supposed to be Vikings in general. Not any specific type but regardless, Vikings historically are definitely known to be fierce and beastlike in combat so tanking definitely makes sense there. The High Elf and Imperial passives are kind of dumb though so you’re right there. Imperials are just a bland race though 🤷🏾‍♂️
      Edited by ImSoPro on July 10, 2019 1:50PM
    • BlueRaven
      BlueRaven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ImSoPro wrote: »

Well Argonians are immune/resistant to that Knahaten flu so they should probably be resistant to both. They come from a filthy swamp land. Also Nords are supposed to be Vikings in general. Not any specific type but regardless, Vikings historically are definitely known to be fierce and beastlike in combat so tanking definitely makes sense there. The High Elf and Imperial passives are kind of dumb though so you’re right there. Imperials are just a bland race though 🤷🏾‍♂️

Argonians should be resistant to both, but if you can only choose one you might as well choose the one the game itself highlights.

tumblr_przn3mQOnE1wq1mxoo1_1280.png

Going back to Skyrim, nords highest starting skill was in 2-handed weapons and had no bonus to heavy armor, but did have a bonus to light (which in eso translates to leather armor).

While orcs highest was in heavy armor with a minor in block, 2 handed and one handed weapons. This makes sense with their background of smithing, they use what they make (or rather they got good in smithing because they prefer heavy armor and melee weapons). In ESO these two racials (Nords and Orcs) might as well be mostly flipped. It would fit the lore better.

And don't get me started on the wood Elf racials and lore. First they drink fermented blood, that is what the have for alcohol. You can't tell me that is not swimming with diseases. Secondly there is a whole quest chain where you learn about how some wood elves POISONED THEMSLEVES so that when a rival wood elf clan won and canabalized them, the rival clan would die of POISON. That quest chain alone should block giving wood elves a poison resistance racial.

Also;

48245881091_0dfb57fb26_o.jpg
      Edited by BlueRaven on July 10, 2019 2:31PM
    • Aptonoth
      Aptonoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want argonians to have a dps buff too. Hopefully when spears get added in a few years they give them something because right now their passives feel pretty meh.
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Problem with the current racial passives is that everyone has that is an absolute joke.This is of course what happens when you try the swiss army knife approach or refuse balance pve and pvp separately.Not really too many choices for a " pure" dps race any more. Wheeler watered that down too much.Look at what happened to Altmer. Such a disgrace.
      Edited by MehrunesFlagon on July 10, 2019 4:42PM
    • xeNNNNN
      xeNNNNN
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Morgul667 wrote: »
      Racial matter for like 2% of your DPS

Pretty much.

You can play whatever you wish and still do well DPS wise in terms of race.

This thread is a bit......misdirected rage wise lol
      Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    • barney2525
      barney2525
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Since when are racials that important it's like the post before me said around 1-2% difference.

I have 8 argonians dd/heal/tank and still did most content +hm with them.

So that is utter nonesense

He is right.

I'm not taking an Imperial to do a Magicka based character
      I'm not taking a wood elf to be a Magicka based character
      I'm not taking a Breton or Altmer to be a stamina based character

To do any of the above would just be Stupid. It's not a question of dps. It's a question of sustain and dps and overall effectiveness.

You do Not select a race, whose passives do Not benefit the overall character At All. To do so, IMHO, is just plain stupid. No different than playing cards with only 45 cards in the deck. You do Not Intentionally Gimp the character by selecting a race that you will Not use any of the passives.

IMHO

:#
      Edited by barney2525 on July 10, 2019 5:35PM
    • Vlad9425
      Vlad9425
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I like them. They make every race unique and I don’t care if I’m being gimped if I don’t pick the most OP race for what I’m doing. So far I’ve been able to complete most of the end game content as a wood elf nightblade.
    • leokafilyeb17_ESO
      leokafilyeb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Vlad9425 wrote: »
      I like them. They make every race unique and I don’t care if I’m being gimped if I don’t pick the most OP race for what I’m doing. So far I’ve been able to complete most of the end game content as a wood elf nightblade.

Oh well then case closed. Nevermind everyone! Shut the thread down! This one person doesn't care being gimped and likes it! My apologies.
    • Vlad9425
      Vlad9425
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Vlad9425 wrote: »

Oh well then case closed. Nevermind everyone! Shut the thread down! This one person doesn't care being gimped and likes it! My apologies.

It’s about playing what race you enjoy most like it’s always been in Elder Scrolls games. If that’s too much for your brain to handle go play COD or something you sound like the type.
    • Robo_Hobo
      Robo_Hobo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Race does not matter as much as you're claiming it to be.

Here's Raid Buffed DPS comparisons for some of the highest DPS players back when the racial rework was happening earlier this year.

Magicka Nightblade:

vL2fVDN.png

Altmer (Highest) - 60,383.8
      No Racial (Lowest) - 58,399.75

Difference: 1,984.05 Less DPS on Average

Magicka Dragonknight

vL2fVDN.png

Altmer (Highest) - 58,115.45
      No Racial (Lowest) - 55,684.45

Difference: 2,431 Less DPS on Average

Stamina Nightblade

STMmfiW.png

Orc (Highest) - 61,695.55
      No Racial (Lowest) - 59,287.85

Difference: 2,407.7 Less DPS on Average

Stamina Dragonknight

WQzDu1O.png

Orc (Highest) - 60,134.95
      No Racial (Lowest) - 56,003.25

Difference: 4,131.7 Less DPS on Average

Total Average: 2,739 Less DPS on Average between Meta Race and No Racial Race

That's an average of less than 5% difference if you choose a meta race or the worst possible race, I don't think that qualifies as making an Altmer Stamina Nightblade or an Orc Magicka Sorcerer as "useless". Especially when considering that this is at the highest levels of DPS, so if you:

-Don't do that much DPS
      -Aren't in a fully optimized raid
      -You're not doing trials
      -You're not the worst possible race, just not the best one (E.G., Argonian instead of Altmer, Argonian still gets some magicka DPS benefits)

Then that difference becomes even less, potentially significantly so, to the point that on a run-by-run scenario, two equally skilled players of the same class/spec, 1 of the meta race and 1 of the worst race, the worse race could actually end up doing better than the meta race because of crit luck. If you are better at DPS than the other player then obviously you'll always do better than them regardless of race.

Then throw in the fact that if you're particularly skilled at DPS, and you'll end up mopping the floor in DPS races with 99% of Altmer Magicka DPS that you come across even when you're an Orc - which may even make it feel better for you because then you have the bragging rights to say "I'm the worst race for Magicka/Stamina and I still do more DPS", whether out loud or just in your mind lol.

Then of course, DPS is isn't the only thing to think about in the game, there's healing, tanking, PvP, all of which are less quantifiable to compare but in the same vein, even less dependant on race, because your build could objectively benefit more from a usually non-meta race than it could from a meta-race in those scenarios. (E.G. You use ultimates a lot so the Nord benefit helps you more in PvP than being an Altmer glass cannon, despite still being magicka-based)

So basically in the end, if you're going for Vet trial leaderboard scores then yeah, your race matters - if every DPS in a trial were the worst possible race then there would be a significant difference between a trial of meta-races, but if you're doing literally anything else, then the difference is negligible.
    • ZOS_RogerJ
      ZOS_RogerJ
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just a friendly reminder that it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post
    • MartiniDaniels
      MartiniDaniels
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Robo_Hobo Ok, you say that 2.5k doesn't matter. Then class doesn't matter too, cause difference between NB and sorc was 2k in that patch and 0.5k between magplar and magblade and all the forum was full of enraged NERF NB threads.
      Now if you combine non-meta race with not-BiS class you will be in such huge disadvantage even in progression groups that "play the way you want if you are not fighting for top scores" motto is just laughable, especially with appearance of eso logs.

So starting from vet trials you already need to run meta or close to meta race and class, or you will always sit in the bottom of eso log chart if grouped with players of similar skill/experience. And this precisely matches with dps races in trials. 80% are altmers, bretons and orcs. There are notable amount of dunmers, redguards and khajiits, from people who doesn't race changed for extra 0.5-1k dps but anybody who creates new toon for trials defaults to orc. You will almost never see argonian, nord, imperial or bosmer dps.

Though you are right that racial difference is pretty small and could be easily fixed with few tweaks which can be done in 15 minutes if devs wanted it. But they don't want, we have purposefully and clear top and under-dog races in PVE and it somehow was timed with emphasis on race change and token sales.

Just look at argonians - healing done on sets was doubled in Elsweyr, since everybody knew that it is trash set bonus (when 2%). But argonians had 6% healing done and it was not buffed in any way when sets were buffed. Why?
    • Robo_Hobo
      Robo_Hobo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Robo_Hobo Ok, you say that 2.5k doesn't matter. Then class doesn't matter too, cause difference between NB and sorc was 2k in that patch and 0.5k between magplar and magblade and all the forum was full of enraged NERF NB threads.
      Now if you combine non-meta race with not-BiS class you will be in such huge disadvantage even in progression groups that "play the way you want if you are not fighting for top scores" motto is just laughable, especially with appearance of eso logs.

So starting from vet trials you already need to run meta or close to meta race and class, or you will always sit in the bottom of eso log chart if grouped with players of similar skill/experience. And this precisely matches with dps races in trials. 80% are altmers, bretons and orcs. There are notable amount of dunmers, redguards and khajiits, from people who doesn't race changed for extra 0.5-1k dps but anybody who creates new toon for trials defaults to orc. You will almost never see argonian, nord, imperial or bosmer dps.

Though you are right that racial difference is pretty small and could be easily fixed with few tweaks which can be done in 15 minutes if devs wanted it. But they don't want, we have purposefully and clear top and under-dog races in PVE and it somehow was timed with emphasis on race change and token sales.

Just look at argonians - healing done on sets was doubled in Elsweyr, since everybody knew that it is trash set bonus (when 2%). But argonians had 6% healing done and it was not buffed in any way when sets were buffed. Why?

I don't think anything ZOS does could change the %s of what races show up in the top DPS scores in Vet trials on ESO logs unless racials were removed entirely. You mention that there were a bunch of Nerf Nightblade threads on the forums when there was 0.5k difference between Magblade and Magplar, so if a difference that small between classes upsets people so much then there's nothing that can be done about it, because a difference smaller than that is just impossible for races unless there's just no racials whatsoever, and thus, the people who do the high-end content like Vet Dungeons are more likely to be people who would care about those small bonuses like racials, to get every inch of power out of their race that they can. It's not a problem with racial bonuses, but a problem with the mindset that tends to come from powergaming.

I wouldn't mind if racials were removed entirely, but if their current stats right now isn't good enough for people to feel like they aren't "forced" to be a certain race, then no change will fix that other than the removal of them entirely.