The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has TTC became the cancer of Auction housing ZOS didn't wanted to implement?

p_tsakirisb16_ESO
p_tsakirisb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Over the years numerous times ZOS responded strongly on their position why the designers do not want an auction housing system in the game.

However TTC is exactly that. Since it's inception it has created a whole Auction Housing system inside and outside the game.
Anyone can tap to the API to get the lowest prices across Tamriel at any moment, buy in bulk in matter of minutes of posting something, and sell them at much higher prices.

In addition the addon allows tampering with the market. If someone checks the website where to buy something, it will see dozens of records of the lowest prices from few people on 1-2 guilds.
Those prices are there just to make the new players to put something at those prices and buy cheap. While the correct price of the items are 10-100 times more when someone visits that same store.

Also TTC completely screwed the Merchant/Trader auctioning. Since any guild can pick any place and if pricing is right people will arrive at it.
Long gone the must have spots like Elden Root, Rawl'kha, etc.

Am I seeing this cancer affecting the market, or everyone is happy paying exuberant prices to scammers?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC Prices for some things have always seemed well... Lets just say a bit odd to me.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Xerodom
    Xerodom
    Soul Shriven
    TTC is useful for both buyers and sellers. It allows me to avoid buying overpriced crap, get the best price available and helps gauge the market so I have a rough idea on how I should price my listings. Yes, sometimes the numbers are screwy but someone whose used to the market and easily spot when something is off.

If TTC is telling you an item is X at a trader but you can only buy it for Y and above, it means the items priced at X have already been sold. That's not manipulation, that's prices not being updated fast enough which is no one's fault. I consider add-ons like MM and TTC essential to trading at this point. Can't please everyone.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC is extremely useful when finding something, i dont consider it an auction house at all.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerodom wrote: »
    TTC is useful for both buyers and sellers. It allows me to avoid buying overpriced crap, get the best price available and helps gauge the market so I have a rough idea on how I should price my listings. Yes, sometimes the numbers are screwy but someone whose used to the market and easily spot when something is off.

If TTC is telling you an item is X at a trader but you can only buy it for Y and above, it means the items priced at X have already been sold. That's not manipulation, that's prices not being updated fast enough which is no one's fault. I consider add-ons like MM and TTC essential to trading at this point. Can't please everyone.

Agreed.

I tend to find MM more useful for pricing because it goes off actual sales, and in my guild store, so it's more likely to be accurate (although TTC has gotten better, even in the time I've been using it).

But TTC is amazing for buying pretty much anything. Before I found out about it I just didn't bother because it wasn't worth the hassle of wandering around the world hoping to stumble across a trader that had what I wanted to buy and not knowing if I was being screwed over by a seller who knew they could get away with unreasonable prices because their customers couldn't easily check. It's not fool proof of course, sometimes it's out of date and I still have to check 2 or 3 traders but it's still far better than the half-hearted system ZOS put in.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how inaccurate ttc is, ive stopped using a long time ago.
    For sales i rely on MM data anyway, and some good ol fashioned knowledge.
  • GargOysteinYikernes
    GargOysteinYikernes
    Soul Shriven
    i'm all for banning this c r a (d d o n)
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say that I've payed any artificially inflated prices because of this addon, because those happen regardless. I can say that it saves me an enormous amount of time searching traders for a specific item. In regards to your comment about the "Big" traders holding spots in the major cities, let me just say that it allows the small traders who can't afford those spots and the competition to still get enough business to make it worthwhile. Since I have belonged to a few pve guilds who pick up a cheap trader spot when they can, I find this a very good deal. More people should use TTC!