The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ignore

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking ZOS wanted to limit the amount of plating available for creating jewelry to avoid power creep that way not everyone can just move to gold jewelry easily, even if it's a small increase it's still power creep. Unfortunately that also limits the amounts for writs.

Perhaps being able to use "grains" on writs would solve the problem, or just lower the amount of platings to two per writ?
Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 9, 2019 8:44PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a solution..

Dont do them..

I delete all purple ones and only keep the legendary ones so a year or so from now I might be able to do one or two of them.

The only solution I see if make them worth way less writ voucher and make it so they are green or blue quality. This would make them doable for the most part.

I have a few legendary ones worth 500 or so writ vouchers and really they would need to be worth at least two times that before I would complete them. The plates just dont come fast enough even if you are actively farming nodes and refining.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I have a solution..

Dont do them..

I delete all purple ones and only keep the legendary ones so a year or so from now I might be able to do one or two of them.

The only solution I see if make them worth way less writ voucher and make it so they are green or blue quality. This would make them doable for the most part.

I have a few legendary ones worth 500 or so writ vouchers and really they would need to be worth at least two times that before I would complete them. The plates just dont come fast enough even if you are actively farming nodes and refining.

Same boat here, I've only did one and have tons of higher writs in the bank. Either move to instead of three or four platings per writ to one or two platings or 10 or 20 grains. It would be worth it then, right now they are just basically trash items.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already some misinformation in this thread to clear up:

The reason for the scarcity of platings isn’t due to the power creep. The reason is that they don’t want players easily skipping challenging content to obtain the jewelry pieces in the first place.

The patch notes for Scalebreaker says they are making changes on jewelry master writs to compensate for the high cost of platings ... which should provide relief for players. Scalebreaker goes live in early August.

This change is not retroactive for currently existing writs. See the PTS forums for more details.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 9, 2019 8:27PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already some misinformation in this thread to clear up:

The reason for the scarcity of platings isn’t due to the power creep. The reason is that they don’t want players easily skipping challenging content to obtain the jewelry pieces in the first place.

The patch notes for Scalebreaker says they are making changes on jewelry master writs to compensate for the high cost of platings ... which should provide relief for players. Scalebreaker goes live in early August.

This change is not retroactive for currently existing writs. See the PTS forums for more details.

Hmm I haven't heard anything about this(obviously), thanks!