The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I just waited 30 days so i can pvp on my ep chars and i still cant

hassubhai
hassubhai
✭✭✭
I have 1 ad char and 4 ep chars for pvp.
All i ever do is pvp, i stopped playing for a abit because i was faction locked and could only pvp on my ap char. The 30 day campaign finished an hour ago and i logged into my ep char only to find out that i have to wait another 30 days to pvp.

Is this a joke? Is it possible for zos support team to fix this for me? This is ridiculous.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of interest, did you log into your AD character 1st? Before your EP character?

There is a well known issue where if you log into a character that is in Cyrodiil, or was last logged in Cyrodiil, that you will lock that particular character to that campaign.
    It really is infuriating, but the information is out there on the forum already.

What you need to do is to log into a character that is not in Cyrodiil, and then set your campaign from outside of Cyrodiil.
    Well, that's what the Dev's advised anyhow.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 friends that logged after reset onto the alliance they now wanted to play only to be locked to the old one still. All three didn't have a single toon from their last chosen faction in Cyrodiil. It's just rubbish programming.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to abandon the campaign (either immediately for AP or for free waiting till the end of campaign). Then, make sure you log in on the character of the Alliance you want.

That's always been how to swap home campaigns, its just been a long time since I did it.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep - my chars automatically refreshed and chose there campaigns for me as well.. luckily they kind of got it right but i would have been annoyed as hell if i wanted to change.
    You have my sympathy,
  • hassubhai
    hassubhai
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Out of interest, did you log into your AD character 1st? Before your EP character?

There is a well known issue where if you log into a character that is in Cyrodiil, or was last logged in Cyrodiil, that you will lock that particular character to that campaign.
    It really is infuriating, but the information is out there on the forum already.

What you need to do is to log into a character that is not in Cyrodiil, and then set your campaign from outside of Cyrodiil.
    Well, that's what the Dev's advised anyhow.

Yes i did he was already in cyrodiil and i logged on him first
  • hassubhai
    hassubhai
    ✭✭✭
    Yep - my chars automatically refreshed and chose there campaigns for me as well.. luckily they kind of got it right but i would have been annoyed as hell if i wanted to change.
    You have my sympathy,

I appreciate you giving me your sympathy, now i just want zos to give me a solution :(.
    Otherwise eso is basically pointless for me for next month and probably forever considering i cant seem to get out of this damn campaign lock
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is Zos never tested being able to change factions before bringing back faction locks. Not very bright.

I think they said you need to make sure your characters are outside of Cyrodiil to be able to swap factions. Don’t know if you have to wait another 30 days to do it right or not.

BTW, Zos did say they’d fix this eventually. No ETA.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hassubhai wrote: »

Unfortunately that does seem to be the issue that most people are having.
    If a character is in Cyrodiil when you log in, the game somehow presumes that you'll want to set that campaign as home and does it for you. Silly I know.
    But yes, it does seem that you'll be locked in for another 30 days : / Condolences.

• hassubhai
    hassubhai
    ✭✭✭
    hassubhai wrote: »

Unfortunately that does seem to be the issue that most people are having.
    If a character is in Cyrodiil when you log in, the game somehow presumes that you'll want to set that campaign as home and does it for you. Silly I know.
    But yes, it does seem that you'll be locked in for another 30 days : / Condolences.

Do you think zos would be willing to manually remove faction lock for me, especially considering i havnt done any pvp since the campaign started
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Nope they Can't/Won't its so sad that this happens, hope they have changes to faction locking in mondays patch notes!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just remove the locks because it literally only benefits role players and screws everyone else.
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think, if you dont Home a campaign you should be able to move freely between factions without gaining towards emp/rewards ect.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is it isn't about emp / rewards.
    It's about trying to limit all the nefarious things that faction hopping contributes too, and attempting to stop people switching to the winning faction on a whim, or swapping to a different faction at different times of the day.
    Whilst I understand that some people do not like faction lock, it's actually beneficial to everyone who actually enjoys PVP, not PVDoor.
    Anyhow - I do hope that you manage to get yourself unlocked Hass, but unfortunately I don't think the mods will give a flying F.
    Be careful for next month and make sure to log a character outside of Cyrodiil first. Here's hoping that they make a fix to this on Monday.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just delete your other char
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should automatically reset every campaign so you re-confirm which faction you want.
  • hassubhai
    hassubhai
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is it isn't about emp / rewards.
    It's about trying to limit all the nefarious things that faction hopping contributes too, and attempting to stop people switching to the winning faction on a whim, or swapping to a different faction at different times of the day.
    Whilst I understand that some people do not like faction lock, it's actually beneficial to everyone who actually enjoys PVP, not PVDoor.
    Anyhow - I do hope that you manage to get yourself unlocked Hass, but unfortunately I don't think the mods will give a flying F.
    Be careful for next month and make sure to log a character outside of Cyrodiil first. Here's hoping that they make a fix to this on Monday.

Haha lets see if im still around next month :P
    Extremely disappointed with zos though the game may aswell be down for maintenance for 30 days for me
  • FlyTy
    FlyTy
    ✭✭
    Out of pure curiosity, if I had 9 DC characters and 1 EP char and logged into that one as the faction reset, went into cyrodiil, would I be unable to pvp at all in cyrodiil on the 9 DC? or would they now be EP? I'm just making sure because my EP character is a crafter, and I typically log into him first to do writs and what not. Just wanna avoid it if thats the case.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyTy wrote: »
    Out of pure curiosity, if I had 9 DC characters and 1 EP char and logged into that one as the faction reset, went into cyrodiil, would I be unable to pvp at all in cyrodiil on the 9 DC? or would they now be EP? I'm just making sure because my EP character is a crafter, and I typically log into him first to do writs and what not. Just wanna avoid it if thats the case.

you would be unable to play your 9 chars at all. your chars don't suddenly change faction.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, yet another reason why faction locks are fubar.

Kind of a miserable failure really.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you hear the devs say: "hahha" ?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I think EP has enough players anyway.
  • hassubhai
    hassubhai
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Can you hear the devs say: "hahha" ?

Been hearing that sound for a long time now
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me this is not PC NA, y’all are talking about having reset I thought there was 9 days left.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star