PTS - Multiple Crafting Changes

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I went on the PTS today to test out some of the new crafting (particularly the refining) changes that the game has implemented.

I saved up a large supply of raw top-tier materials by collecting a whole bunch of surveys (on Live), so that they'd be in my character's crafting bag when they copied over the templates to the PTS server.

A couple of notes first.

There is a limit of 1,000 refines at a time (10,000 raw mats)
There is a + and - button to select what you want to refine (as well a a "min" button, which selects 1 refine, and a "max" button, which selects the maximum possible). The default option is MAX
You can refine multiple items at the same time, however the ONLY option with this is "ALL", you cannot select different amounts
The process is truly instantaneous. Takes as long as 1 normal refine does currently on LIVE.

Results:

Woodworking.
11,710 raw ruby ash refined
9,962 sanded ruby ash (85.07% drop rate)
174 pitch (1.48%)
145 turpen (1.24%)
92 mastic (0.79%)
53 rosin (0.45%)

Blacksmithing
12,420 rubedite ore
10,588 rubedite ingots (85.24%)
172 honing stone (1.38%)
168 dwarven oil (1.35%)
72 grain solvent (0.57%)
66 tempering alloy (0.53%)

Clothing
6510 raw ancestor Silk
5494 ancestor silk (84.39%)
92 hemming (1.41%)
87 embroidery (1.33%)
54 elegant lining (0.82%)
31 dreugh wax (0.48%)

5020 rubedo hide scraps
4290 rubedo leather (85.46%)
89 hemming (1.77%)
56 embroidery (1.12%)
37 elegant lining (0.74%)
22 dreugh wax (0.43%)

Jewelry
10760 platinum dust
9142 platinum ingots (84.96%)
162 terne grains (1.50%)
140 iridium grains (1.30%)
77 zircon grains (0.71%)
62 chromium grains (0.57%)

The drop rates for all of these are within statistical normal drop rates of 85% return on material, 1.5% for green, 1.25% for blue, 0.75% for purple, and 0.5% for gold materials. So it appears that nothing has changed there!

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
60,005 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The interface on consoles will be interesting, but it should help at least somewhat.

I am somewhat surprised they aren't charging Crowns for it given that they are doing that for so many other things. Grrrr.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the research notes, @tmbrinks ... much appreciated!
  • Kleemen
    Kleemen
    ✭✭
    Great post. I still can't believe that you can mass refine in one go. Such a great change that will save so much time.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks Thanks for the insightful notes.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting! What about potions and food and stuff? Can you make 100 at a time now? More even?
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Thank you for posting! What about potions and food and stuff? Can you make 100 at a time now? More even?

I'd also like to know this too please
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about potions and food and stuff? Can you make 100 at a time now? More even?

I'm sure we can. According to patch notes:

"Multi-Crafting
    You can now perform several actions in bulk at crafting stations and receive your items immediately! This includes refining, creation, deconstructing, and extracting, and applies to all crafting stations.
    "
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for testing this. That was a concern I had, whether they got the multi-refine code right, so that it didn't glitch out and we'd lose tempers in the process.

Since I main on console (and don't use add-ons on PC for that matter), I'm really looking forward to this crafting improvement.
  • Jingleclaw
    Jingleclaw
    ✭✭✭
    What about filleting fish? Any change to that?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »

I'd also like to know this too please
    What about potions and food and stuff? Can you make 100 at a time now? More even?

I'm sure we can. According to patch notes:

"Multi-Crafting
    You can now perform several actions in bulk at crafting stations and receive your items immediately! This includes refining, creation, deconstructing, and extracting, and applies to all crafting stations.
    "

Yup, potions work as well. Can make up to 1,000 at a time (4,000 potions, 16,000 poisons) as long as you have inventory space.

Food works the same!
    Jingleclaw wrote: »

I don't have any fish to filet :disappointed: to test, hopefully somebody else does.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jingleclaw wrote: »

This is the answer we need to know!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear about the multiple refine simultaneously. The only negative I've heard is not being able to enter a number directly.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    Glad to hear about the multiple refine simultaneously. The only negative I've heard is not being able to enter a number directly.

At least on PC (because that's what I play) Shift + Click on the button will change it by 10. Scroll wheel also changes it rapidly. Those have been in the base game forever (particularly in the Champion Point tree)

I'm would guess there's a similar "scroll" feature for consoles.

For PC, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody writes an add-on, so that we can just type in any number we want in there in the future.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think fillet fishing will remain the same, at least for now, patch notes only refer changes to crafting tables/stations.....
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 10, 2019 11:36AM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I don't have any fish to filet :disappointed: to test, hopefully somebody else does.

I can try it later today and report back.

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty for the test and tag
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by Fat_Cat45 on July 15, 2019 12:41AM