Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dungeon - Removed from area too soon

lukaskuko
lukaskuko
Soul Shriven
Yesterday, I was in a dungeon. When we defeated the final boss, the NPC which I had to talk to, to complete the quest was talking with another NPC. Meanwhile, I got this "Removing From Area" warning. When the NPCs finished talking, I was going to talk to NPC to finish quest. But as soon as I pressed E, I got teleported away.

And now, I have this quest "Return to Ash" still in my Quest Journal, unsure what to do. Is there any chance I will get my reward for this quest? The quest is already completed, I just have to do the talking.

Thank you for answering.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    btoop wrote: »
    You get the "removing from area" warning once the dungeon is complete and everyone leaves the group you are in. I believe in order to complete the quest you will have to repeat the dungeon (handing it in before the others leave); although if your quest is on the final stage (and hasn't already been set back to the first), then you might be able to enter the dungeon by yourself and run though to the end to complete it.

It's a shame but when it comes to group dungeons with a random selection of people, the only option tends to be spamming your way though the dialog in order to not be left behind.

I don't believe this will work - that instance of the dungeon has long since reset and the npcs simply won't be there for the last step. In fact I'd recommend dropping the quest and picking it up again next time to prevent possible bugs.

Ask someone to stick around next time you do that dungeon, if you say "guys please don't drop, gotta talk to npc", most people will wait.

Your only real alternative to running it again properly is soloing the dungeon yourself on normal, which dungeon is that?
  • lukaskuko
    lukaskuko
    Soul Shriven
    I tried out of curiosity to teleport there. It was just like this:
    Magdalina wrote: »

I don't believe this will work - that instance of the dungeon has long since reset and the npcs simply won't be there for the last step.

The dungeon is called City of Ash II. I guess I´ll just drop the quest.
    Thanks anyway

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lukaskuko wrote: »

I don't believe this will work - that instance of the dungeon has long since reset and the npcs simply won't be there for the last step.

Thanks anyway

Oh. Well that's slightly worse than if it was I or something. Still soloable technically, especially on normal, but if you aren't very familiar with the place and dungeons in general, might be pretty challenging.

You could just find people for it next time it's pledge though, good luck:)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam grp chat at the start saying you need the quest. People should wait.

Power levelling / farmers wreck social aspects of the game but being rude I'm afraid
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to make the timer for the last person much longer. I have had this happen a few times and it sucks
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaa ! I had the same problem yestarday! I think I did it on veteran mode ! :(((
    M
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks anyway

Next time you do a dungeon just write in the chat that you are doing the quest. Normally they wait at the end till you turned it in.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really normal thing, even more if it's Banishing Cells or Darkshade Caverns (You need to go back to NPC while killing things in the way even if the Dungeon was complete)

And if you start the quest, everyones leave and you try to go back, the quest resets itself to the begin

REALLY NICE SYSTEM ZOS
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to make the timer for the last person much longer. I have had this happen a few times and it sucks

Or just add a popup:

Do you want to leave the Dungeon? Press X to leave
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I was in a dungeon. When we defeated the final boss, the NPC which I had to talk to, to complete the quest was talking with another NPC. Meanwhile, I got this "Removing From Area" warning. When the NPCs finished talking, I was going to talk to NPC to finish quest. But as soon as I pressed E, I got teleported away.

And now, I have this quest "Return to Ash" still in my Quest Journal, unsure what to do. Is there any chance I will get my reward for this quest? The quest is already completed, I just have to do the talking.

Thank you for answering.

I feel your pain. This has happened to me multiple times, thankfully not very often, but it is very frustrating when it does, particularly if it is a challenging time consuming dungeon.

To keep the dungeon instance open, requires at least 2 people to be in the group. If everyone leaves, or the group is disbanded, then everyone is removed from the dungeon.

Two things that everyone should never do when running dungeons, 1) disband the group, and/or 2) leave immediately without allowing time for quests to be completed.

When finding oneself in the situation of being removed from a dungeon before completing it, your only option is to run the dungeon again, but this time finish the talking. So, abandoning the quest and doing it again is the safest option.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the quest. If you are doing it through dungeon finder, there is the chance you will join a group that fell apart at the final boss. If so, you will already have beaten the precursors to the final boss and you will not have to do it again.