Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we have alternate sorcerer pet skins please?

Elwendryll
Elwendryll
✭✭✭✭✭
Wardens can have an alternate color for their bear. Could we have alternate colors/skins for our combat pets?

I would love a Dro m'athra Clannfear for instance xD Some player skins would fit our summons well. Please.

(I'd be happy to be redirected to a previous post on the same subject, the search tool on mobile basically ignores the category I tell him to search into)
PC - EU - France - AD
Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Welkynar
    Welkynar
    ✭✭✭
    Anything to replace the obnoxious matriarch.
  • Triigon
    Triigon
    Soul Shriven
    Please yes!

There even already a way cooler imp in the game as a non-combat pet just let me use that at least.
    The matriarch is horrible most of the time taking all the screen and flapping around annoying people. This really shouldnt be hard but maybe they dont do it becuase other classes would want something as well?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's true, we already have several scamps as non-combat pets. The models are already there for that at least...

About other classes wanting something as well, that's already the case :p ... I'm a sorcerer, wardens have an alternate skin, I want something as well. They could expand the possibilities for wardens too. All the permanent pets really.

PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd reduce the Clannfear and Twilight sizes for starters, and any of the existing darker color-variations of those Daedra would look much better than the raw fish that we currently have -- The ones you face in Coldharbour, for example, have a darker skin. A Dro-m'Athra set of pet skins would look awesome imo.
    GmJ6ibI.png
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would love it if they went -ways- further and added a whole friggin "visual effect customization system" for all class skills!

Allow people to select several FX for all stuff, not just summons. Match your magic to your outfit, or your theme, or whatever!

Allow people to make a blue-colored "sky priest" templar! A green colored "ranger" nightblade! A pink colored "Uncle Sheo, wooo!" sorceror even if they really want to, complete with butterflies!

And yes, that might include some extensive pet options.

And I wouldn't even mind if they sold the best selections in the crown store... I mean, it would not be that different from the monster weapons, right?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would love it if they went -ways- further and added a whole friggin "visual effect customization system" for all class skills!

Allow people to select several FX for all stuff, not just summons. Match your magic to your outfit, or your theme, or whatever!

Allow people to make a blue-colored "sky priest" templar! A green colored "ranger" nightblade! A pink colored "Uncle Sheo, wooo!" sorceror even if they really want to, complete with butterflies!

And I wouldn't even mind if they sold the best selections in the crown store... I mean, it would not be that different from the monster weapons, right?

Except this game has a ton of abilities, and for PvP, it's important that you can easily identify what's happening. A sorcerer pet is not a visual effect, it's a permanent summon. I'm not against the idea of customized abilities, but I think it should be disabled in Cyrodiil, like other cosmetic effects.
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Triigon wrote: »
    Please yes!

There even already a way cooler imp in the game as a non-combat pet just let me use that at least.
    The matriarch is horrible most of the time taking all the screen and flapping around annoying people. This really shouldnt be hard but maybe they dont do it becuase other classes would want something as well?

It's very true that there are much better looking non combat imp pets. But I'm convinced that the reason they don't use them is because of performance issues. They keep the combat pets skins very dull and low detail probably so they cause less lag. I don't really have any proof for my statement, it's just a hunch.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Except this game has a ton of abilities, and for PvP, it's important that you can easily identify what's happening.
    One more reason for customizatiojn then! :p:trollface:

But really, you are saying... what? That you couldn't deal with a jesus beam if it was -blue- instead of gold? That a sorc with -pink- crystals would be an insurmountable opponent? That a DK flapping -green- wings would have an advantage? That a necromancer throwing -red- skulls would be better (Well... they might go fasta...)

Yeah, riiiiight... :p;):lol:
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except this game has a ton of abilities, and for PvP, it's important that you can easily identify what's happening.
    One more reason for customizatiojn then! :p:trollface:

But really, you are saying... what? That you couldn't deal with a jesus beam if it was -blue- instead of gold? That a sorc with -pink- crystals would be an insurmountable opponent? That a DK flapping -green- wings would have an advantage? That a necromancer throwing -red- skulls would be better (Well... they might go fasta...)

Yeah, riiiiight... :p;):lol:

You could mistake it for a soul assault. Who knows?
    Think of colorblind people you monster :'(
    I don't know really. But things like storm atro memento are disabled. I would expect other effects to be disabled too.
    PC - EU - France - AD

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except this game has a ton of abilities, and for PvP, it's important that you can easily identify what's happening. A sorcerer pet is not a visual effect, it's a permanent summon. I'm not against the idea of customized abilities, but I think it should be disabled in Cyrodiil, like other cosmetic effects.

Well, as long as I can use the skins in pve I´m happy.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They "teased" Warden Bear skins by giving out the grey one with the pre-order and introducing the "Specials" tab just for it... like they were going to introduce new ones.
    Pets, Warden and Sorc are in dire need of overhauls.
    Hell bang them in the crown store idc
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They "teased" Warden Bear skins by giving out the grey one with the pre-order and introducing the "Specials" tab just for it... like they were going to introduce new ones.
    Pets, Warden and Sorc are in dire need of overhauls.
    Hell bang them in the crown store idc

Why do you think I chose this forum section?

Take my septims!
    PC - EU - France - AD

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and what difference would that make?
    Do you go like "I am under attack, quick, defend!" or do you first make a perfect plan, identifying every enemy spell to devise a strategy to counter them... in the next fight because you are already staring at the blue respawn screen? :p;)
    ...and what exactly would change for them? Grey beam now, grey beam then...

And while -unneccesary- bling would definitely be disabled, I am not talking about -extra- effects, I am mertely talking about extra color options for the usual effects. Like, if a Templar wants to take their lightning staf anf color-match it to their golden class skills, or a sorceror wants to make their crystals look white and icy to match their ice staff, or pink to match their outfit, or whatever.

Are outfit dyes disabled in cyrodil?
    Are outfits in general disabled in cyrodil?

I mean, you could make the same argument that it would somehow be important to see which armor weight and monster helmet a character is rocking instead of their outfit looks... right?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and what difference would that make?
    Do you go like "I am under attack, quick, defend!" or do you first make a perfect plan, identifying every enemy spell to devise a strategy to counter them... in the next fight because you are already staring at the blue respawn screen? :p;)
    ...and what exactly would change for them? Grey beam now, grey beam then...

And while -unneccesary- bling would definitely be disabled, I am not talking about -extra- effects, I am mertely talking about extra color options for the usual effects. Like, if a Templar wants to take their lightning staf anf color-match it to their golden class skills, or a sorceror wants to make their crystals look white and icy to match their ice staff, or pink to match their outfit, or whatever.

Are outfit dyes disabled in cyrodil?
    Are outfits in general disabled in cyrodil?

I mean, you could make the same argument that it would somehow be important to see which armor weight and monster helmet a character is rocking instead of their outfit looks... right?

I get your point, I still think extra colors would be confusing in some situations. And, I'm not colorblind, neither are you, but I want to point out they don't just all see in grey scales, it's really rare actually xD They still see colors, differently, some people can mistake yellow and pink for exemple.

I wouldn't be against it personally. But I still think it's not exactly relevant to this particular thread as pets are entities that are permanently present, and not just effects. If it was just like the visual cues that we can already set up for AOEs, just for us, why not?
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    I want them to change pet skin color from that obnoxious purple. make it bit darker at least. -.-
  • Xaramasa
    Xaramasa
    ✭✭✭
    Would love it if they added Clockwork variants of the pets. I mean, there's already a set that summons a Verminous Fabricant which is basically a clockwork Clannfear.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Make a skeleton pet skin because that’s how I’m gonna look when the sorcerer blasts me into Oblivion with their fragments and lightning.

But anyway, I do think more skins in general. I think they should give them two skins starting out and the bear another skin. The Necromancer could use some funny or interesting skins
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf instead of Bear for the Warden!!!!!!!!!
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They would make a killing in the crown store if they added pet skins. They can obviously do it (Warden bear from the pre-order) so I'm curious why they haven't yet.