Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console fixes coming??

ArchangelVet
ArchangelVet
Soul Shriven
I am at my "rope's end" here with this game! I have had bad lag and load screen issues, to name a few, for awhile now but have simply suffered through with the hope that it would improve because I love this franchise so much (And, quite frankly, because I have spent way too much money on this game. I'm talking thousands of dollars here).

Since Elsweyr, it has been practically unplayable for me. Long load screens, horrible lag, and sound issues have made this game a chore just logging in to complete horse research and collect daily awards. I have tried every suggestion that the support team loves to throw at us to include: clearing my Mac address, hard resetting, port forwarding, static reset, deleting saved data, and a complete re-install....This all after I changed ISP's, updated my network to a 1000D/30UP, bought a new Ethernet cable (cat6), new router, had my ISP run a completely new line. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the Xbox forums and my Xbox One X is less than a year old. Elder Scrolls Online is the ONLY game I have trouble with. For crying out loud, Fallout 76 runs better than ESO right now for me.

I would hate to give up on this game because, as sad as it may sound, it means too much to me. I just don't know what else to do, and it sounds like I'm not the only console player that is having these issues. If ANYONE has any HELPFUL suggestions, I welcome them with tremendous gratitude. Anyways, thank you and adventure on ESO fam!
Edited by ArchangelVet on December 13, 2019 2:05PM
  • fletchunit
    fletchunit
    ✭✭
    Same issues here on xbox, especially since Elsweyr, unplayable.. havent logged on since maintenance though which included 18 gb update, so fingers crossed performance is better.
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    fletchunit wrote: »
    Same issues here on xbox, especially since Elsweyr, unplayable.. havent logged on since maintenance though which included 18 gb update, so fingers crossed performance is better.

Still the same for me after the patch maintenance :/
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • tigerborn62
    tigerborn62
    ✭✭✭
    Same. It is now quite depressing to play this game. I've a new Necromancer healer toon and my hands are actually hurting from using the controller doing my rotation while coping with the lag! I'm beginning to truly hate this game and I am so sad about that.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ArchangelVet

It looks like you've went through all the usual troubleshooting recommended for resolving lag issues in ESO.

Do you have a currently open support ticket?

If so, you can provide the ticket number so we can check on it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @ArchangelVet

It looks like you've went through all the usual troubleshooting recommended for resolving lag issues in ESO.

if it helps, this also affects me (Xbox EU) , AND EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON XBOX EU!! - and given ive been playing 4 years - i know a significant amount of them!

a ticket at this point wont help. the game is laggy beyond belief for xbox users. since the 18gb update last night its actually got worse. i would say last night at an estimate it was dropping to 3-5 FPS in fights
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also happens to me on Xbox. This isn’t our problem it’s ZOS’s servers
    Edited by WildRaptorX on June 20, 2019 6:13PM
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me yesterday lag wasn't any worse(meaning still had long load screens, sound issues etc. Just not noticeably worse. But I might have missed it because I kept struggling with block bug, skills using resources but not firing etc. Every time my character bugged I noticed eso plus wasn't listed on my character page and I'd have to zone/log and it would fix for a few minutes. Never had that issue in pve so bad before the patch.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have played on the NA servers, EU servers are the worst compared to the NA servers.
    (It is a good thing I and many others already play on the NA servers.)

Case and point: you will find that it is not as much of a lag fest on the NA servers than it is on the EU servers.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ArchangelVet

Fix your game.
  • VeryEvilPuma
    VeryEvilPuma
    ✭✭✭
    @ArchangelVet

I’ve written about it in support. I’ve also tried all troubleshooting were mentioned. And what did your support say? Connect to Xbox support! Why @ArchangelVet should write ticket? For waiting the response that it’s Microsoft fault that your game is broken?
  • ArchangelVet
    ArchangelVet
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Okay, I don't know if this went to the correct place so I apologize if I duplicate the message:

I do not have an open ticket. I appreciate the feedback but I have submitted several tickets over the last year or so and I usually run into the brick wall where I am told to go to the Xbox support site to figure it out. The last ticket number I had was #190612-004572. I feel like a broken record here, but this game (ESO) is absolutely the only issues I have on my console, gaming or otherwise. Anyways, thank you again and if you do look into any further know that it is greatly appreciated. Good gaming ESO fam!!
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would hate to give up on this game because, as sad as it may sound, it means too much to me.

I'm in kind of similar situation than you are, but I've already accepted my ESO times are finally over even I still wanted to play. My EU account has been completely stuck since Wrathstone arrived meaning soon 3 and a half months, I closed my last support ticket myself and won't expect my account working again. It's been surprisingly depressing after playing for about 4 years and spending quite much money on the game, it's like any daily hobby ending completely without own planning. Sadly I don't have any helpful suggestions for you.
  • Arrow_In_The_Knee
    I feel my time of playing ESO is coming to a end, as I can't keep paying money for a game that has so much lag. It is to frustrating trying to do anything and what little spare time I have I want to play something fun. Maybe the lag is because I only have a 80 MB download speed, or because I have a xbox one X instead of a PC, but ESO is the only game that I lag in. It really is a shame because I really do like playing the game when it runs smooth.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just remembered to check and cancel my ESO+ membership and it was charged yesterday so 1 more completely wasted month and donation for Zenimax. I quit playing on NA server about 3 weeks ago so last month was also almost completely wasted. And there's more, when Wrathstone arrived the new membership month had just started and I just waited for my EU account to start working again, I started on NA after about month's break, overall I'll have about 10-11 weeks completely wasted membership time, I'm extremely annoyed again because of this game!
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am at my "rope's end" here with this game! I have had bad lag and load screen issues, to name a few, for awhile now but have simply suffered through with the hope that it would improve because I love this franchise so much (And, quite frankly, because I have spent way too much money on this game. I'm talking thousands of dollars here).

Since Elsweyr, it has been practically unplayable for me. Long load screens, horrible lag, and sound issues have made this game a chore just logging in to complete horse research and collect daily awards. I have tried every suggestion that the support team loves to throw at us to include: clearing my Mac address, hard resetting, port forwarding, static reset, deleting saved data, and a complete re-install....This all after I changed ISP's, updated my network to a 1000D/30UP, bought a new Ethernet cable (cat6), new router, had my ISP run a completely new line. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the Xbox forums and my Xbox One X is less than a year old. Elder Scrolls Online is the ONLY game I have trouble with. For crying out loud, Fallout 76 runs better than ESO right now for me.

I would hate to give up on this game because, as sad as it may sound, it means too much to me. I just don't know what else to do, and it sounds like I'm not the only console player that is having these issues. If ANYONE has any HELPFUL suggestions, I welcome them with tremendous gratitude. Anyways, thank you and adventure on ESO fam!

We can't give you any suggestions, because you can't fix this yourself. Problem isn't on your side, but the other. I'm having issues too, maybe not as severer as you seem to have, but anyway I do. Same here too, this is the only game I'm having issues with. Less than a yer old Xbox1X, fast external HD, 100/100 internet with 20ms respons time etc. And yet, game runs like *** much of the time, especially since Elsweyr.
  • ArchangelVet
    ArchangelVet
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I guess I'll keep checking in here, for a bit anyways, in case anyone comes up with anything. Thanks everyone who at least came in and commented. Adventure on ESO fam!
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see a maintenance for Xbox I'm getting a little hopeful that it will be somewhat fixed but no. Invisible enemies attacking you, audio issues... Everything was fine before Elsweyr.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried to run a speed test to get a good reading on what your actual up and down speeds are? I would be curious to know the results. Plus Im no network expert, but you mention getting a new router but nothing about a modem, both are equally important.

Do you have any issues say streaming HD videos on multiple devices?

I’m really just curious because, and I’ve said this on another thread, I don’t have anywhere close to the issues you and others are experiencing. Yes, there is lag, it’s pretty bad but the game on my end is definitely playable. No where close to what you are describing, and I play on an Xbox one S with slightly better then basic internet on wireless while my wife watches Netflix on a different Xbox one and my child watches Netflix on my old 360. All at the same time...

Again, I’m not a network expert or some IT guy, and the fact that you even mentioned the fact that your new Ethernet cable is a cat6 makes me think that you know more then me, I’m just trying to be helpful.
  • AngeredDaisy2
    AngeredDaisy2
    ✭✭
    @ArchangelVet

I appreciate that you are looking into the issue to the extent that you are probably able to as a forum moderator. It doesn't go unnoticed. And I am going to guess that the people in charge of fixing the issues are not in the forums. But with that being said, can we please get them active in the game? Can we get them running along with us regular players fire a day so they can experience the frustration and anger inducing issues in game experienced by every player I personally have spoken with?

Examples of the current issue:

- Come out of a way shrine, door, or random load screen and remain invisible for several seconds.

-it takes several seconds for your mount to pop.

-in trials, dragon, world boss, and dungeons the mechanics are not showing and you randomly die from invisible attacks.

-you're attacks do not go off until you are already dead.

-you get rubber banded frequently back to where you were.

-You will lag out of game and still be able to chat with people in game from your xbox home screen. (While this has had some entertaining conversation moments, still not a good thing to happen)

-multiple boots from the game due to lag, and several people getting the to many messages error.

-Can not have 2 people parsing in the same house with out causing severe lag.

So here's my actual question, since I know you do not have the power to make the ones in charge pay and experience this, would you like me to open a ticket every time this occurs? I'm okay with sending in 50+ tickets daily and recommending players around me fui the same. Or who would you suggest we get in touch with to escalate our frustration over the situation and the fact that we would need to spend more time submitting tickets than actually playing to get the situation taken seriously and acknowledged.

Once again, I realize you are a forum moderator, and are limited on what you can say or do, and i do appreciate your hard work. And I realize that this must be just as frustrating for you as us.
  • Brandon32b
    Brandon32b
    Soul Shriven
    I play this turdnugget on a gigabyte connection there's always
    been server spikes since beta on PC... somehow their data floods at times but I'm thinking the problem since elysweyr is more frame related than server side for xbox. I should have never transferred and spent time on console.. I can handle some lag not constant frame ***. Single digits is not 30 fps lol
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone on xbox has these problems. I still strongly believe that the devs need to hop on to live console servers to see for themselves
  • somebody21
    somebody21
    ✭✭

Having the same issues as this guy and its august 2, everything was fine before elsweryr patch. Please fix the horrible performance problems a lot of us are having even after reinstalling, other games run normal only this one has problems.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad frame rate drops started with Summerset release on XBOX.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have some planned game performance improvements coming in the future which the post here goes over in detail.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • somebody21
    somebody21
    ✭✭
    We have some planned game performance improvements coming in the future which the post here goes over in detail.

Thanks for the update, the strange thing is my wife has a xbox one s and has no performance problems, i run a day one xbox one and performance is unplayable even after reinstall. other games run fine, so i suppose i will just stop worrying about this game and move on because the up dates aren't coming till next year! wow great job-not.................
  • ArchangelVet
    ArchangelVet
    Soul Shriven
    Well, it has been some six months since I played this game. I jumped back online this week because I heard a rumor that ZOS was finally confronting this issue. So far, my account is still having the same problems it was six months ago. New accounts, however, seem to be running fine? I am somewhat hopeful, being the fool I am with these statements from their website:

"Consoles and lower-spec machines will see the most significant positive impact.

Will the upcoming performance improvements fix the rendering speeds of better textures and players appearing as shadows?

Yes, this is coming with Update 25 in Q1 2020, and is noted in the second bullet as “faster-loading art fixtures and characters” under that section in the performance improvements plan here."

I guess I'll just have to hope Update 25 brings the fixes needed to make it more playable for those of us that put our faith into the game early on. Here is to hoping for the best. Adventure on ESO fam!
    Edited by ArchangelVet on December 31, 2019 7:32AM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the fixes???
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on ps4 and I basically only log in to upgrade my mount and doing daily writs a couple of times a week. If I'm home on a weekday afternoon I go into cyro when it's calmer for a while. I'm waiting for their other performance updates and I hope it will get better otherwise I'll just continue to play other games.
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 17, 2019 5:51PM