Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cr +3 and AS +2 - stamina does not viable?

Edelner
Edelner
✭✭
I want to have character who will get all achievements and do all content in game. My choise is a stamina necromancer but i am afraid of he will not be able to do chalenge like CR+3 and AS+2. I heard it is possible to do only for magicka so i am thinking also about for example magsorc. What do you think?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina do any content. I got everything done multiple times on my Stamina Nightblade. If you need range, go Bow/Bow.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edelner wrote: »
    I want to have character who will get all achievements and do all content in game. My choise is a stamina necromancer but i am afraid of he will not be able to do chalenge like CR+3 and AS+2. I heard it is possible to do only for magicka so i am thinking also about for example magsorc. What do you think?

You might have a hard time finding a good group. But its plenty viable to complete the content. The issue is you want/need range damage, for that go Bow/Bow. Bow/Bow takes a hit to peak damage but you can still hit pretty good numbers.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AS+2 world record is held by a full stam dd Group so yeah its possible, the challenge is finding a Group that will take you.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Edelner
    Edelner
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Stamina do any content. I got everything done multiple times on my Stamina Nightblade. If you need range, go Bow/Bow.
    I don't like bow/bow builds.
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    AS+2 world record is held by a full stam dd Group so yeah its possible, the challenge is finding a Group that will take you.
    Did they use dw/bow builds? Is it challenge to find a group who will take me playing stamina character or do you have in mind general searching a group for this content?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    Need to work on your quotes there bud.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, unless you are a carry paying for a clear (in which case you can bring whatever you want because your only requirement is to go die in a corner and wait for the fight to end), you'll have a hard time.

DPSing from range is almost necessary for these two fights. That either means playing Mag, or running a bow/bow build.

Context is important here. The reason the world record is all Stam is because these players output so much dps that they can ignore both Minis and kill Olms before dieing to enrage. When you have the capability to just skip entire mechanics you are going to have a group comp that deviates heavily from the norm. For any group that can't sustain such an insane level of group DPS, an all stam group would fall on it's face so hard.

The truth is, for the vast majority of groups/guilds out there capable of vAS2 and vCR3, most stam dps can be pretty big liabilities
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on June 29, 2019 1:25AM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, unless you are a carry paying for a clear (in which case you can bring whatever you want because your only requirement is to go die in a corner and wait for the fight to end), you'll have a hard time.

DPSing from range is almost necessary for these two fights. That either means playing Mag, or running a bow/bow build.

Context is important here. The reason the world record is all Stam is because these players output so much dps that they can ignore both Minis and kill Olms before dieing to enrage. When you have the capability to just skip entire mechanics you are going to have a group comp that deviates heavily from the norm. For any group that can't sustain such an insane level of group DPS, an all stam group would fall on it's face so hard.

The truth is, for the vast majority of groups/guilds out there capable of vAS2 and vCR3, most stam dps can be pretty big liabilities
    Think there’s a slight misconception here that I’d like to clarify. The reason the minis were skipped was because people ran bow bow builds, they weren’t brought because people were able to skip minis. Bow bow builds in AS peak at numbers 10k higher ST than magicka.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigger question is why is a fight designed to only be done with range? Bad call on ZOS I say. All fights should be doable by ANY type of character.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    bigger question is why is a fight designed to only be done with range? Bad call on ZOS I say. All fights should be doable by ANY type of character.

I mean, doable? Yes. Best for it? No.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow/Bow is a meme no longer, its actually viable/good now.
  • Evito
    Evito
    ✭✭✭

You will probably have to bow/bow and if you don’t like it you don’t do the content or you suck it up - I don’t want to use a pet on sorc but I do because because the class is low dps without it this patch...

Yes it can be done with melee stams, and they can even be decent there (not talking about speed runs ether) but most prog groups go ranged only.
    Edited by Evito on July 1, 2019 6:23AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a bow/bow build on my stamsorc, the idea was just to have some flexibility during trials, because we often have too many melee DD.

It ended up being better than my melee build... I really like the rotation I came up with. And I enjoy it a lot now. It took me some time because I was very bad at first.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you really want every achievement in game, you area going to probably need to go outside of your comfort zone. If all you want to do is play your favorite toon and parse on bosses in melee range, you are going to struggle to find groups capable of some of the tougher achievements.

The problem with the mini trials is that they favor range. Now with VCR+3, you can easily be the one that just parses downstairs in melee. In VAS+2, the mechanics basically force you in range for some of the fight, so it just favors being able to damage from range. You can certainly have a melee DPS that just parses on that fight. It's been a while since I have run VAS+2, but if memory serves, you can't really stack more than 1 or 2 melee without issues.

There is no achievement that is out of the reach of a good stam neccro (you might struggle with some of the BG achieves aimed at healers). That said, on a stam character, you better be really really good at DPS if trying for that is a goal. Most newer trials have some content that requires at least part of your group to basically follow mechanics and fend for yourself. Most raids still allocate that to a magic DPS, and the remaining DPS fight over the melee spots (which usually go to the best DPS). Practically speaking, usually newer players have to pay their dues in a raid (play the mechanics) before they get to just stand around and parse. I have been bouncing around to a few different raid groups lately, and it's pretty common to be thrown in to the deep end of the mechanics pool to see if you can swim your first few times with a new group.

The only person I have seen with EVERY achievement was a DK, which makes sense as a good tank is pretty darn indispensable. Personally, I would probably roll a magic templar if every achievement was my goal. They have some of the best range DPS, and can easily double as a healer.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 2, 2019 7:34PM
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they use dw/bow builds? Is it challenge to find a group who will take me playing stamina character or do you have in mind general searching a group for this content?

I also want to do all achievements. But I don't like fishing.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of players who have done stamina builds in those two trials (without the bow/bow build, just a standard melee build). Is it easy? No, oh my god no. But is it possible? Yes. Plain and simple. You just have to find a group of people willing to support you doing that, which may be the more difficult thing. Plus, you yourself have to work hard. You have to know the mechanics inside and out before you can do that. I can tell you from experience, I died 20ish times on my stamina toon in vAS...it is aweful, but it is do-able.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on July 6, 2019 10:35PM