The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not much skill required (PvP)

Demode
Demode
A shortcut to victory,
Volendrung was presented as counter to emperor. However the wall opening ability is too strong. You can go and open a keep in like 3-5 seconds. If there is too much resistance you can go and open 10 more breaches in 2 mins. No skill required. 5 emperors together cannot do that.

When you need to enter big group put 2-3 bashers ahead ... bashing requires more skill as you need to press this one button (bash) really fast!
What happens to PvP in this game? Every new thing in PvP is in direction when skill is not really needed.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not happy with Goliath Bash at all it’s to strong I don’t think even an emp would win.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volendrung doesn't make you immortal though. On Xbox NA in the Kaalgrontiid campaign, when someone picks it up, we spend more time fighting over it and killing the carrier than they do actually using it on keeps. It's certainly powerful, but not more powerful than a well-organized attack.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Demode
    Demode
    p00tx wrote: »
    Volendrung doesn't make you immortal though. On Xbox NA in the Kaalgrontiid campaign, when someone picks it up, we spend more time fighting over it and killing the carrier than they do actually using it on keeps. It's certainly powerful, but not more powerful than a well-organized attack.

Agree about that! I only call for nerf of the wall breaching ability. It is too strong. 2-3 seconds and keep is under siege, 2-3 more seconds and keep is breached. That's just too much.
  • Maridan
    Maridan
    Soul Shriven
    It's a Daedric artefact. Personally I don't see a problem with the wall breach ability. As p00tx wrote, you really should be prioritising the carrier. The way I see Volendrung is as an equaliser. It serves as a chance for the losing alliance to make a comeback in the face of (usually) sheer greater numbers.
    "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

• Demode
    Demode
    So many defense battles were won by smaller groups thanks to smart placement of sieges on breaches and calculated use of ultimates an skills on attackers. With Volendrung being able to open as many breaches as wanted in seconds the idea of defense is out. You basically start playing open field like battle where the bigger zerg usually wins.
  • Demode
    Demode
    If you fight all evening in all fractions population locked campaign to take and keep 3 keeps you hate to lose them and some more in 15-20 minutes just because they can open them however they like. Make no mistake, in such situations the whole fraction goes there. It's not equalizing it feel like daedric cheat and makes your fraction efforts for the evening meaningless.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volendrung’s wielder has no heals. So the wielder is actually a squish. The fools around it fight stupid. It’s easy to kite and kill most of the pugs around it.

Now if a true organized ball Zerg picks it up you’re in for a long fight. Kite and fight though. It’s actually a great time to farm folks around the hammer.