The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Multicraft for All!!

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
pkkBFhY.jpg

Sounds like ZoS is doing some major upgrades the crafting system. Sounds especially beneficial for our console friends... but if it's "bulk, instantaneous crafting" (as it sounds), it's a HUGE improvement for everybody!
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now if only they cpuld add a items in inventory tab to deconstruct so i dont have to hunt for a doze. Copies in bank and inv
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where did this come from? Not doubting you, just curious.

This is pretty awesome if it will work properly. It'll be great for refining and for crafting potions/food/drinks, but I can't see a benefit for the gear crafts or enchanting - well, I guess it would help for creating items for writs, but since those don't stack, I usually just make those each day.

Regarding refining, I hope they get the code right for the percentage chance of tempers dropping. I'd hate to have it be bugged where if you multi-refine, you end up with no tempers.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

This is pretty awesome if it will work properly. It'll be great for refining and for crafting potions/food/drinks, but I can't see a benefit for the gear crafts or enchanting - well, I guess it would help for creating items for writs, but since those don't stack, I usually just make those each day.

Regarding refining, I hope they get the code right for the percentage chance of tempers dropping. I'd hate to have it be bugged where if you multi-refine, you end up with no tempers.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56573

Homepage... news article
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56573

Homepage... news article

Thanks!
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they consider a (recursive) refine all option. Even multicraft is a bit of pain when you have tons of materials. Had to move on to autorefine.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made my day. I've been sitting on 10k+ raw ore and wood for months now just dreading the refining process, not to mention the hundreds of surveys I've yet to collect. Definitely a huge QoL boost for me and my console brethren and sisters!

Also a huge QoL improvement for doing alchemy master writs after I stockpile them.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    Hope they consider a (recursive) refine all option. Even multicraft is a bit of pain when you have tons of materials. Had to move on to autorefine.

@phwaap

With Multicraft, just set the counter to the amount of mats in the stack you have divided by 10. It will refine the stack.

So, say 580 raw mats, use 58.

The change from ZOS will work the same way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One question (several possibilities) I have from this...

Will the auto-refine literally be done "instantly" as the news release says?

Or, will it just automate the refining process and take the same amount of time as if doing it manually?
    Or, will it just refine the raw mats to refined mats with no associated tempers/trait item?
    Or, will it spawn an eternal loading screen and/or send me to the dashboard?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    One question (several possibilities) I have from this...

Will the auto-refine literally be done "instantly" as the news release says?

Or, will it just automate the refining process and take the same amount of time as if doing it manually?
    Or, will it just refine the raw mats to refined mats with no associated tempers/trait item?
    Or, will it spawn an eternal loading screen and/or send me to the dashboard?

no clue... hopefully I'll be able to get on the PTS here soon and test it. If previous schedules hold, should be out on Monday for PC
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @phwaap

With Multicraft, just set the counter to the amount of mats in the stack you have divided by 10. It will refine the stack.

So, say 580 raw mats, use 58.

The change from ZOS will work the same way.
    No I get that and that's how I've done it until recently (and also the ctrl+click approach to just get it to max.) I love it for creating stacks of potions and stuff. I mean more the case of doing all ancestor silk, then hide scraps, then any materials generated from doing those. Same with jewelry. Just do the platings after all of the platinum.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just crossing my fingers they fix the style gem selection along with this, because I don't really care about "multicrafting." I've always just refined stuff as I go and never make anything in bulk. The only thing I'll really use this for is to process a bunch of fish stinking up my craft bag to sell for a gold or few each.
    Edited by Starlock on July 5, 2019 1:21PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I get that and that's how I've done it until recently (and also the ctrl+click approach to just get it to max.) I love it for creating stacks of potions and stuff. I mean more the case of doing all ancestor silk, then hide scraps, then any materials generated from doing those. Same with jewelry. Just do the platings after all of the platinum.

I would hope it would not be Auto Refine. For several reasons. Sometimes I keep Raw Mats, they sell for a lot. Sometimes I don't refine until I am ready to use, like with Dwemer Frames, and, finally, I don't always want to spend the time on refining on every station visit.

I would rather pick and choose what to refine.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I would hope it would not be Auto Refine. For several reasons. Sometimes I keep Raw Mats, they sell for a lot. Sometimes I don't refine until I am ready to use, like with Dwemer Frames, and, finally, I don't always want to spend the time on refining on every station visit.

I would rather pick and choose what to refine.

I doubt it will be... I'm guessing it'll be like a combination of the two. You can choose to auto-refine everything... or you can pick and choose an amount. Will certainly test on the PTS.