The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Auridon Blurred Terrain Textures: When will it be fixed?

Amphithoe
Amphithoe
✭✭✭✭✭
This is an issue I have seen in the game for as long as I can remember, It occurs when traveling back and forth by Wayshrines in Auridon. It seems to happen more on high traffic events or while doing Dark Anchor rotations.

Will ZOS ever get around to fix this?

TGEjunA.jpg
Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I consistently get this one with any of my characters when I do the Auridon current event quest and return to Vulkhel Guard wayshrine to complete the quest.
    Options
  • Maxxermax
    Maxxermax
    ✭✭
    It seems to happen when you travel directly from College Wayshrine to Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine.
    This bug don't show when you travel to another wayshrine first.
    Options
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated my graphic card drivers and it fixed it for me.
    Updated information: I thought I had fixed it but it's gone back to how it was before I updated my drivers so that was not the problem and it only seems to happen in Auridon Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine for me.
    Edited by wishlist14 on March 25, 2019 12:35AM
    Options
  • Maxxermax
    Maxxermax
    ✭✭
    Installed latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Version: 419.67 Driver.
    Don't fixed it for me.
    Options
  • Audrena
    Audrena
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely not a problem that's caused by graphics driver versions.

I know this for a fact because I noticed this bug for the first time yesterday... when playing on PS4 Pro. Then just now, playing on PC, I noticed it again in the same place (with *exactly* the same shape of missing textures, too).

I haven't frequented Vulkhel Guard since Summerset came out, but I don't recall ever seeing this happen before on either platform.

(When I saw it on PS4, I presumed it was a texture streaming issue caused by the heavy player load in the area - but on PC, running off a fast SSD where all the PS4 streaming problems are non-existent on PC, these textures were missing and stayed missing no matter how long I remained in the area).
    Edited by Audrena on March 25, 2019 5:02AM
    Options
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I just posted about this and didn’t see this thread. Well hopefully having multiple people bring it up will finally get this fixed.
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maxxermax wrote: »
    It seems to happen when you travel directly from College Wayshrine to Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine.
    This bug don't show when you travel to another wayshrine first.

(PC/EU) I tried porting to that other wayshrine near Vulkhel Guard and still got missing textures at slightly different area. I think it was in Vulkhel Guard southwest of VG wayshrine. When going directly from College to Vulkhel Guard wayshrine the missing textures are around and north of VG wayshrine.
    Options
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't have anything to do with your graphics card.

If it was a graphics card issue, it would happen everywhere.

This blurred terrain only happens to me in Auridon and didn't start happening until the Jester's Festival started.

So, I think it might be caused due to a high number of players in the area plus a bug linked to the wayshrine near the festival.

Again, I never had this problem until recently when the Jester's Festival started. It really freaked me out because I thought my graphics card was dying but I noticed it was only happening in Auridon.

EDIT: i'm on PC-NA
    Edited by ShellaSunshine on March 25, 2019 11:09AM
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed this, too, since the Jester Fest started and I’ve been spending much more time in Auridon. My graphics card far exceeds the standard specs and I haven’t seen this anywhere else.

Options
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was an issue with my computer
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't anything to do with that particular location. It's a bug I get daily and has been around since patch 1.3.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 25, 2019 11:18AM
    PC EU
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it's a certain type of grass/mud texture that Auridon has. I get this texture when I zone. It's a loading in problem.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 25, 2019 11:31AM
    PC EU
    Options
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen tonight as well. PC/NA.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a graphics card or driver issue, as others have said. This bug, in this location, has been there for a very very long time, at least on PC NA. It has a house, wife, children, and a decent job. It ain't gonna leave any time soon. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmvab wrote: »
    I thought that was an issue with my computer

It kinda is.

It's an LoD loading issue. I suspect it's hard drive related, though, honestly, could be from a lot of things.
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep I see this problem a lot. It's not just Auridon either. I've seen it in Vvardenfell also.
    Options
  • Maxxermax
    Maxxermax
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) I tried porting to that other wayshrine near Vulkhel Guard and still got missing textures at slightly different area. I think it was in Vulkhel Guard southwest of VG wayshrine. When going directly from College to Vulkhel Guard wayshrine the missing textures are around and north of VG wayshrine.

Now sometimes I had this error also when I port to another wayshrine first.
    Edited by Maxxermax on March 28, 2019 7:18PM
    Options
  • zakfrickb14_ESO
    just adding that I'm having this issue in Elsewyr currently. PC NA
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just adding that I'm having this issue in Elsewyr currently. PC NA

I occasionally get it in elsweyr myself.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Servers not loading data properly, it's very common during events when players come in large amounts to the same locations.
    Yet ZOS seems not to notice how poorly servers handle the data because they underestimate how many players are in each server.
    Now this happens everywhere, many players come back and many more started playing since they're hearing about dragons/necromancy.
    Performance has gone from bad to the worst.
    Finder tool will be tested for Q4, so other perfomance issues might be addressed there (Update24)... Can we wait until then? More pertinent, are we willing to wait until then?
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 4, 2019 2:29PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To replicate:
    Logout at Vulkhel Guard
    Login
    Use Vulkhel Guard wayshrine to travel to College wayshrine
    Visit College building. This (or at least causing a load) appears necessary to trigger the bug at VG.
    Use College wayshrine to travel Vulkhel Guard
    Textures are messed up at Vulkhel Guard now

Bonus: use Vulkhel Guard wayshrine to travel to College wayshrine
    Textures around College wayshrine are messed up now
    Use College wayshrine to travel Vulkhel Guard
    Textures are no longer messed up at Vulkhel Guard

Note that missing/low res textures are a common problem at plenty of areas, it's just that this particular one is easy stumble in.

Edited by rpa on July 5, 2019 2:12PM
    Options