Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

issue with mmr

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
there should be a limit to how much lower mmr ur teammates can be. many matches end up with my team only scoring 0-1 kills with no objective playing or anything.

as an example if i would be mmr 4000 doesnt mean i can defeat 4 ppl on mmr 1000. i think the system kinda work that way.

cant imagine its fun for anyone having high mmr enemys just becouse one of ur team have kind of a winstreak.

i also see this pretty often in enemy teams. 1 player is rly good the rest is trash against a balanced team in which all ppl have some sort of experience. ofc they just gonna kill ur teammates and overwhelm u
Edited by Noctus on July 3, 2019 1:14PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS doesn’t care.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The better suggestion would be a clean rewrite of MMR as a whole, because, to be frank, the current MMR system sucks donkey ***.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    ZoS doesn’t care.

Indeed, I was reminded of this for the thousandth time this morning getting roflstomped by that bottom-feeding Japanese premade.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    ZoS doesn’t care.

Indeed, I was reminded of this for the thousandth time this morning getting roflstomped by that bottom-feeding Japanese premade.

I know exactly which one you mean, damn they’re good. I’m pretty sure they’d roflstomp everyone in prime time if they played then.

I think most of the imbalance in teams is from not enough people queuing. I’m not sure there’s an easy fix.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 3, 2019 6:11PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The healer is good. Without him, they’re just like the rest of us.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't very good individually IMO but they are min-maxed as a group. They are hell for solo queue players because they just chain pull one at a time into their aoe/CC cheese spam.

I've been in several PUGs that crush them though when we get a solid team and we can club them with synchronized Dawnbreakers, or when the third team aren't idiots and they join forces with us against the premade.

It's rare though, because somehow those turds are exempt from MMR and they get instant games all day long versus unfilled teams of potato stamblades.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've been in several PUGs that crush them though when we get a solid team and we can club them with synchronized Dawnbreakers, or when the third team aren't idiots and they join forces with us against the premade.

I’ve almost never seen this. It’s a lot more common for the 2nd place team to pick on the third place team.

Some players accept that they aren’t very good and play for 2nd, it’s a weird psychology but I’ll see it far more often.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl do random run for experience and reward 2nd place is enough for them
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I’ve almost never seen this. It’s a lot more common for the 2nd place team to pick on the third place team.

Some players accept that they aren’t very good and play for 2nd, it’s a weird psychology but I’ll see it far more often.

There are certain matches when only 2nd place is attainable. It's not a psychological thing either.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS doesn’t care.

I know exactly which one you mean, damn they’re good. I’m pretty sure they’d roflstomp everyone in prime time if they played then.

I think most of the imbalance in teams is from not enough people queuing. I’m not sure there’s an easy fix.

They're really not. I've beat them a couple of times with randoms. One time it wasn't even close, we were the ones looking like a premade. The problem is in the morning you tend to get 3 low mmr team mates because there's no other high mmr players on.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There are certain matches when only 2nd place is attainable. It's not a psychological thing either.

I’ve had games where we got a 4th late or I entered as the 4th late and we came back from a 200 point deficit, or sometimes a bad drops and is replaced by a better player.

Playing for 2nd becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair