Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They're finally addressing our concerns 😭😍

ccmedaddy
ccmedaddy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
From the new DLC update:
Ald Carac and Istirus Outpost Update
The Battlegrounds maps Ald Carac and Istirus Outpost also received new versions for specific game modes. Now, when you play Ald Carac in Team Deathmatch, Capture the Relic, and Chaosball, you fight in a smaller, more compact version of the map. For Istirus, we also made adjustments to the map for Deathmatch and Chaosball. These changes help ensure each map is better tailored to the different game modes, always making for an exciting and action-packed game!

Just kidding, they're being useless as usual. "omg ald carac is too big!!"--said no one ever.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAH! Only complaint I've heard about BG's is getting into an empty lobby after waiting ages for group finder. This is hilarious.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah why fix the grouping issues where you basically wait ages for team mates when you can fix stuff like this I have never heard or read one single complaint about.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you expected?

They already explained the timeline (Q4 hopefully, maybe Q1 2020) for revamping groupfinder and with them just having cancelled Midyear Mayhem over BG queue issues I don't know why you were expecting fixes in time for Q3.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already explained the timeline (Q4 hopefully, maybe Q1 2020) for revamping groupfinder and with them just having cancelled Midyear Mayhem over BG queue issues I don't know why you were expecting fixes in time for Q3.

Not like they’re releasing two ***** dungeon DLCs per year where dungeon finder usage is mandatory but postpone fixing that mess until the end of the year / next year...
    Edited by Seraphayel on July 2, 2019 7:40PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maps are fine how they are. There are a lot bigger issues BGs have atm.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Not like they’re releasing two ***** dungeon DLCs per year where dungeon finder usage is mandatory but postpone fixing that mess until the end of the year / next year...

Yeah... :lol:

"But, but technically you don't have to use groupfinder!"

"Uh, huh, ZOS. How'd that work out last Undaunted event?"
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the intention with these changes is to make matches go faster/make objectives easier to get to. I don't think it will make much of a difference though. Matches that aren't deathmatch can already end extremely fast because of the way a third team can just rack up points while the other two teams are fighting each other. I can see how too large of a map could lead to imbalances too though, with the run from spawn being too far to the potential location of the chaosball, allowing one team a really long time to get points unopposed.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smaller maps means smaller space to queue so its faster, don't you know anything

The above is not to be taken seriously and is to be read in a sarcastic and dare i say it, snarky tone.
    Edited by yodased on July 2, 2019 9:47PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don’t have time for your snarky sarcastic tones. BGs are serious business.

Harambe. Never forget.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    From the new DLC update:
    The Battlegrounds maps Ald Carac and Istirus Outpost also received new versions for specific game modes. Now, when you play Ald Carac in Team Deathmatch, Capture the Relic, and Chaosball, you fight in a smaller, more compact version of the map. For Istirus, we also made adjustments to the map for Deathmatch and Chaosball. These changes help ensure each map is better tailored to the different game modes, always making for an exciting and action-packed game!

Just kidding, they're being useless as usual. "omg ald carac is too big!!"--said no one ever.

Seriously? This is your complaint?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    From the new DLC update:

Seriously? This is your complaint?

Yeah it’s our complaint that they totally ignore what would make battlegrounds fun and spend resources “fixing” things that aren’t broken!

It’s like “WTF ZOS DO YOU PLAY YOUR OWN GAME!? “ fix what’s actually broken!

Also, do you know about Pangaea?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't really complain about a mid patch cycle bashnecro nerf.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't really complain about a mid patch cycle bashnecro nerf.
    Neither can I but that's not what this thread's about :P
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    The maps are fine how they are. There are a lot bigger issues BGs have atm.

Premades being the biggest one
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The size of BG's are a bit of a downer for Templars and Dk's etc, but it definitely shouldn't have been the focus by a long way.

Fix other, more important things..
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)