The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guards in No CP

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
I dont know about you guys, but the guards and the siege need to be tuned down some. I see it in CP being somewhat okay but come on guys, this is ridiculous.
STEEL PURE MAN
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I don’t like about the guards is they cast negate, other then that they’re okay.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource guards esp. are absolute beasts in No-CP.

Agree with OP. Not by much, but a little, yeah.
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    Yea and they cast eclipse on you constantly, its like there is no cool down for all there abilities towards the players. Then when you think you got one dead, he up and goes straight to full health. They just need to do some major overhauling in Cyrodiil on both non cp and Cp. The PVP side of things is broke.
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol? NPCs are to strong? Actually nope. Even on magicka ranged class they are totally ok when it goes to strength.

What bothers me though is the ez mode for most stamina toons. When I switched to my stamblade I was in shock how easy resources are. You don't have to care about negate, you don't have to care about eclipse which still reflects only ranged missiles and gives no cc immunity when expired.

I really would like to see something like "Disarm" which could be used like negate but against stamina skills.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    yea stam is just on db an you got it; mag takes longer due to negates and eclipse shite, but really, it is easy to take a res in non cp
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Resource guards esp. are absolute beasts in No-CP.

Exactly. There is so many of them standing by the flag they can overtake one's health regen, even though menders are mostly too busy pre-emptively healing uninjured guards to attack. Which is very insensitive of ZOS, because placing so many OP NPCs near important objectives such as resources may prevent mentally challenged players from taking them over.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on June 30, 2019 9:53PM
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play mostly non-CP and can typically solo cap resources without any problems on my StamDen, and two-manning them without any defenders present is a breeze. It can get a little more dicey on my MagSorc (since I don't use pets), but these really aren't a problem. Camps should not be designed to be facerolled by a solo player. This is supposed to be large-scale PvP, and it will never be designed for solo players to have an easy time.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    ?
    Never had an issue with guards in non cp.
    One can overtake outpost as a solo player in off hours when there are just npcs guarding.
    Keeps are a bit more challenging, but here you can just use a fire ballista to bring the needed aoe dmg and just go step by step.(i don't think they are ment to be taking solo anyhow)

Ressource ones are even more easier.

Just run up the tower, kill the mage and the guards following you.
    Then you can regen a bit and run down, just use basicly any aoe ult, dawnbreaker or meteor are strong ones because of the aoe stun (if even needed, lvl 0 npc drop super fast without) and done.

Squishy snipers may need another aproach, but just usualy snipe spam + injection are more that enough to drop those guards, since most use 2h/bow, one can go with endless hail into brawler spam for a pretty safe variant.
    Edited by DemonDruaga on July 1, 2019 9:16PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mender guards are on point with their negates, and I can’t tell you how many times our raid lead got upset at the warrior guards bashing him just as he was placing a ram and got interrupted.

Actually we want to recruit some of these guys.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The imbalance between Stamina and Magicka is especially visible when trying to flip flags in the No-CP version of imperial CIty. Stamina can cleave them in a couple seconds, but Magicka has an insane chore while perma-eclipsed and negated!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE