The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

After Elsweyr update (5.0.5) weird fonts on mac?

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care

Won’t fix

It’s a Mac issue and none of the ZOSboyz play on Macs
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, now it may be time to stop all this crap and officially support there is no care for we players here.

This is a screenshot taken today on the pts (5.0.4 release)

x5jnskcoc0k8.png

Notice the correct rendering of the text. No specific flickering or dark artefacts in the letter.
    if I zoom on the title:

8hl3pcpkb1t3.png

And now the same screenshots taken on the same machine but on live (5.0.9 release)
    5oibzukbziu5.png
    jflsunnjbvey.png

This time we have artefacts in the letters. This is a still picture. But if you go and check by yourself you will see that these artefacts are actually moving, creating that flickering impression.

So there is clearly something introduced in the game code between 5.0.4 and 5.0.5 the is creating the flickering and not an update on Apple side, nor a driver issue.

How could it be a month, and already 4 patches without being able to fix something that is still working on the pts, or even clearly communicate on the matter ?

@ZOS_BillE would be glad to hear some constructive words about this.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • hattabatatta
    hattabatatta
    Soul Shriven
    I am pretty sure, that apple also has something to do with this issue, cause this error only happens since macOS 10.14.5
    If you downgrading to 10.14.4, this issue is not appearing ... no matter which version of ESO.
    I tested it again by downgrading my iMac to 10.14.4 and everything is ok ...

As I read -> with macOS 10.14.5 apple did change something within their metal drivers ... thing.
    So the error also might appearing caused by that.
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Anyone tired this on MacOS 10.14.6 beta?
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Mac Game Client
    Fixed an issue where the UI could appear to shimmer on the Mac game client for those using an AMD graphics card on MacOS Mojave.

Is it fixed??? :)
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    IT IS FIXED, THANKS @ZOS
  • hattabatatta
    hattabatatta
    Soul Shriven
    FINALLY!
    Thx!!
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Finaly ! 1 month later !
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even bother checking the patch notes as I assumed it wouldn't be fixed again - so happy!!
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Cathrisa
    Cathrisa
    Soul Shriven
    The problem has been fixed, as far as I am concerned (macOS 10.14.5, ESO 5.0.10.1826593, iMac with RX580)!

Just toggle a bit of positive feedback here too. Thank you.