Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you play your Templar?

eksorxx
eksorxx
I'm currently 42, and I play with 2H weapons, and Heavy Armor (Maxed with all passives unlocked), I use Silver Bolts, Toppling charge, Biting Jabs, and Reverse slash, with Healing Ritual also placed, my Aedric Spear line is maxed at 50, with all passives unlocked, the other two have a small amount of passives unlocked, and I use WW for my Ultimate, but I've seen a literal ton of different Templar's using everything from 1H/Shield to Bow, what's your set up and why did you choose it?
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    My build

That's what I normally use in PvE... switches rather significantly for pvp or as needs demand. I can AoE packs of 5+ without issue, knock down tougher mobs without issue and switch to healing without missing a beat. I tend to wear full light armor.
  • eksorxx
    eksorxx
    I was thinking about switching to light Armor, but I would miss my passives so much =/
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a mixed bag. Use dual wield and 2h as weapons, medium and heavy for armors, although I've been leveling all the armors. I survive very well, and defeat things, even bosses people complain about, with ease.
  • ironvosneb18_ESO
    I'm playing with full medium armor, 1h/s as main set and a bow.
    The 1h/s set uses reflective light, ransack, shieldcharge, breath of life and repentance.
    The bow set switches some skills and gets eclipse and dark flare.
    I started using the bow when i went to pvp because you really need something ranged there, even if it's not your main weapon.
    I'm using it more now in pve aswell to start a fight, getting a free bow shot from sneak is pretty useful to have in softening up those backline casters or healers.
    Casting some reflective light after that to snare some mobs , maybe shoot a few more arrows ,and then going for a shield charge on the caster i just sniped works pretty well.
    It all depends on the situation though, which is pretty nice in this game, not every fight is thesame because the mobs are thesame, sometimes things just go not as expected and you have to improvise :smile:

Also i don't use any ultimates, just a personal preference because i think they are OP and pve is easy enough as it is already, i want some challenge.
    On top of that i also decided not to allocate any attribute points to offset the fact that i overlevel content because i'm somewhat of a completionist and also get some extra exp from pvp. I'll add those points when i hit VR ranks.
    I'm currently lvl 28 and just started the third zone.