Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PS4: 3rd Person FOV Perhaps A Bit Dodgy

StarGeezer
StarGeezer
Soul Shriven
Picked up ESO last weekend on the PS4 and am loving it (I played the beta 5+ years ago on PC, and...well, let's just leave that there.) Anywho, I have a few niggling complaints, not least of which is the 3rd person field of view. I have the slider moved all the way to the right, and have played around with the horizontal whatsis sliders a bit as well. In most cases, the FOV is so narrow I can't see my character's feet.

I was just watching another PS4 streamer, and this is the view she has on her PS4:

aaGD8BR.png

I would very much like this. How does one get this view? FWIW, I'm on a PS4 Pro, 4K/HDR (not sure this makes a difference, but putting it out there just the same.) Help is welcomed! Thanks!
Tim the StarGeezer

Best Answer

• StarGeezer
    StarGeezer
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks DocFrost. I just tested it, and sure enough...down on the D-pad plus right stick forward/back actually moves your FOV in and out. In fact, you can pan pretty far out...typical PC raid distance in fact. Really happy I got that sorted.

Now if I could figure out how to zoom the map in a bit further. Oh, and how to not have the cursor auto-snap to the closest POI on the map. Oh, and why there isn't a mini-map in the console game. And add-ons/mods...and...and... :D

Ehh...one battle at a time, I guess. LOL
    Tim the StarGeezer
    Answer ✓
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer
    Soul Shriven
    Just a quick update: I talked to the streamer from the above picture. She said if you hold down the bottom D-pad button while using the right analog stick, that you can pan/zoom the camera in and out. Gonna go try it now. Wish me luck.
    Tim the StarGeezer
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know on PC you can customize the camera for third person to be far, near, off one shoulder or the other, etc. Done through sliders. Perhaps console has the same or a similar function?

Edit: through settings tab.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 1, 2019 12:22PM