The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The PvP content update ESO needs

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
GUILD WARS

And I'm not talking about the ArenaNet game of the same name. I mean declaring war on other guilds. In other great pvp games like Age of Conan and Darkfall, my greatest memories are of fighting in wars/skirmishes against enemy guilds. There would need to be a new zone, but only large enough to fit a single keep. Think about it, a guild hall that is there for more than just crafting stations. Guild resources going into repairs and upgrades rather than just being hoarded in gbanks. An opt-in flag system so that PvE guilds can stay out of it. A kill on sight event where once per day you can hunt down enemies all over the world map.

People are far more likely to stand up for their close-knit guild than for their arbitrary lore alliance. There is history and friendship and pride in fighting for your guild. Choosing champions to lead or to represent in duels. Grudges, friendships, drama. Going on group patrols, stealing resources, sabotage, infiltration. There's no end to the replayability here, and it's a step away from the monotony of AvA. And the implementation would be relatively simple, no new resources needed.

If they had a system not only would I sub up again, I would be way more active in guild events. The current guild system is nice but lacks a certain something. The same can be said about PvP.

What do you guys think?
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowbane.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe fix the performance issues before we introduce a whole new PVP system?

As it is, I get a lot of the same itch scratched fighting enemy guilds in Cyrodiil, so I personally don't see the appeal. But it could be interesting...but only if it worked properly.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 28, 2019 2:41PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As it is, I get a lot of the same itch scratched fighting enemy guilds in Cyrodiil, so I personally don't see the appeal. But it could be interesting...but only if it worked properly.

Think this sums it up
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, I just want them to add more servers. Ive played PVP a grand total of one time since Elsewere launched because during the hours I can play, there is always a long que for the server my PVP guild homes. So I'm left playing in a guest server or having to wait out long que times with little to do.

The PVP in this game is a TON of fun IMO, but the limited number of servers and que times we have on Xbox limits my ability and desire to play.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO there is a void in pvp that is between BGs and cyrodiil that yearns to be filled. With cyrodiil at anytime you can encounter a wave 3-10 times your groups size and get crushed beneath it. As of now cyrodiil for me at least is virtually unplayable.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small guilds will always loose because they won't be able to defend that keep 24/7 bigger guilds can. I played several games with similar systems from shooters to rpgs and it was always like that, with monopoly for best spots (if objective hold was giving rewards and single guild could hold a place for months), fixed fights with alt accounts and all drama linked to it. True competitive players were pushed to old, "faction" skirmishes.
    While idea is interesting, I rather sure it will become deserted fast enough when first true big guild will appear with sole purpose of holding the area.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The kind of servers/instances that would be required for a guild siege would likely be much smaller. Plus it would be a great alternative to PvPing in Cyro during primetime.

I do agree though, the lag needs to be addressed. It's why I unsubbed and why I find myself dreaming up other ways to PvP lol.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what will fix the game , open world pvp lol . They can't make what's here work ...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering that the alliances have much less loyalty than the classes, the game should evolve into a class war game without race restrictions with a reset after one season (like 3 months).

For example

Yellow team : Sorcs and Templars
    Red team: Necros and DKs
    Blue Team: NBs and Wardens

after the season ends, the team set up changes. for example Sorcs and Dks in the blue team, Necros and NB in the red and Warden and Temps in the yellow.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we neeed is dedicated PvP servers. Mega servers failed, move on.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I highly doubt that they will add anything to pvp. We will be lucky if they even fix the current issues without causing even worse problems.