The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

First time thieves guild - Beware!

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There is some horrendously bad instructions during the early quest. This is for first timers.
During the quest to get the ledger for Silver- claws, you are inside the warehouse with Velsa. After using the stink apple, she knocks out the guard on the upper level and says "Get the ledger from Silver-Claws' office and meet me outside". This is a LIE. The inference is that the office is somewhere in the warehouse you are currently in. And that you need to find the ledger, and THEN leave the building. So you end up wasting all kinds of time running around looking for an office THAT DOES NOT EXIST inside the warehouse. What you are actually supposed to do is follow Velsa outside by figuring out how to get to the upper level exit. Once outside Velsa will lead you to the office. You do NOT 'get the ledger' and then meet her outside. You go outside, follow her to the office and then go get the ledger.

This is hoping I can help first time Thieves guild questers who are getting ready for the event.

:)
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always ignore what NPC told me and just follow the carrot :P
    Options
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, that is where the solid quest icon will show you. it is above and through a exit.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is where I learned to never trust people NPCs and just follow the markers. Although, they too can be misleading at times.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options