Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Three People?

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Dear devs:
You have the ability to prevent a group of less than four from running any given dungeon.
Why can't you apply the same software to Battle Grounds?
Every day, sometimes twice a day, I end up in a group with just three people (a 4th never joins), making it IMPOSSIBLE to win.
This is seriously a bunch of crap, and should be easy to fix, since you already know how to do it with dungeons.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds! 4v4v4

Battlegrounds! 2-4 vs 2-4 vs 2-4 is what the description needs to be changed to, because that is the reality.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't care about BGs. In fact I would be surprised if they even read this section of the forums.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there Roles in BGs?

Technically, ZOS only puts the 4 person limit on Group Finder dungeon placements. 1 to 3 people can manually enter any dungeon, or trial for that matter.

I know ZOS uses Roles in the GF, but not sure if that is the main limiter, or the group count is also looked at. Although the Role Check would render the group count redundant.

Which is why I wonder if there are Roles, not playstyles, for BGs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came here to post this. If a fourth never joins, you need to reward the under pop group or disqualify the whole match or... and this is weird to say WAIT UNTIL ALL TEAMS HAVE FOUR
    Edited by max_only on June 29, 2019 12:05AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Are there Roles in BGs?

Technically, ZOS only puts the 4 person limit on Group Finder dungeon placements. 1 to 3 people can manually enter any dungeon, or trial for that matter.

I know ZOS uses Roles in the GF, but not sure if that is the main limiter, or the group count is also looked at. Although the Role Check would render the group count redundant.

Which is why I wonder if there are Roles, not playstyles, for BGs.

Role doesn’t matter. In the bg the role icons are all gray, none are lit up.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've won many games starting with 3. It's annoying, but waiting longer for every match would be also.

On Xbox NA, it almost never starts when a team only has 2. Pretty hard to come back from that though.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    Add to the fact that at least one team is always a full premade making it literally impossible to win if you're 3.

Add *** solo q.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem seems to be that they allow matches to start with three people on every team, but also with players on all of those teams "loading" in to the match. What happens is someone loads in faster, or someone gets stuck on a load screen, or someone disconnects, and then you have an imbalanced match.

This is yet another issue where two larger teams instead of three smaller teams would lead to better outcomes. You'd be at less of a disadvantage and it would be quicker to backfill matching up the combined MMR of 8 people rather than 4.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they would rather sell you a recolored pony than bother to fix something
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    Dear devs:
    You have the ability to prevent a group of less than four from running any given dungeon.
    Every day, sometimes twice a day, I end up in a group with just three people (a 4th never joins), making it IMPOSSIBLE to win.
    This is seriously a bunch of crap, and should be easy to fix, since you already know how to do it with dungeons.

I played matches last night.

Of those matches, ALL were started as 3 man groups v4v4 (2/3~) or gap filled on losing games (1/3~).
    Edited by Cathexis on June 30, 2019 11:52PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Dear devs:

Of those matches, ALL were started as 3 man groups v4v4 (2/3~) or gap filled on losing games (1/3~).

Obviously you're good enough to count as 2 players ;)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the fourth player eventually came in, even if they saw us losing and left the i could say “working as intended”. The fourth player never arrives. The whole match is played 3v4v4
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've won many games starting with 3. It's annoying, but waiting longer for every match would be also.

On Xbox NA, it almost never starts when a team only has 2. Pretty hard to come back from that though.

Same, or I’ve had games where we were winning and then a glass canon noob comes in and we lost because they’re soaking up all the healing and not doing anything.

I don’t think waiting for 4 is realistic, just add a 4th faster.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Dear devs:

Obviously you're good enough to count as 2 players ;)

Ya great so I have to lose 10 straight matches because the teams are slanted so hard. *** MMR.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.