The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Faction lock bug?

clarkfcknkent
Im currently re leveling my characters i enjoy the most on the same faction so i can actually pvp on them and after getting them done i deleted the old one on the other faction. After deleting my character that was locked in the campaign it still says its locked is that normal or what? I only had the one character that had entered the campaign so the one i deleted was the only one to enter and lock it. do i have to wait for the campaign to end to be able to pvp now?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, this is how the system is designed and ZOS does not seem to be helping players with issues like this at a customer service level.

This is because ESO has become a paid version of Skyrim Nexus first and foremost, so they don't at all care that thousands of PVP customers are adversely affected.

I suggest finding a better supported PVP game. This ship has sailed.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny the number of people that've locked themselves into a campaign then complain about it. The warning is clear that you will be locked in till the end of that cycle.
    I don't see why deleting it should unlock you to play another faction.

I faction locked myself on the last cycle when I started leveling a mag necro. I realized how boring it was then deleted it. I played mostly in the IC till that cycle ended. Then I faction locked to the one I wanted.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this is how the system is designed and ZOS does not seem to be helping players with issues like this at a customer service level.

This is because ESO has become a paid version of Skyrim Nexus first and foremost, so they don't at all care that thousands of PVP customers are adversely affected.

I suggest finding a better supported PVP game. This ship has sailed.

When your taking part in a ongoing match, its normal to stay with that side till the match been played to its end... Then when a match been concluded, everyone is free to talk to their friends or pick a new side...

Its delusional to think hopping sides in a ongoing match is a smart idea... that be like in a dota final, have the loosing team decide to switch side and yoin the winning one, mid game... if anything thats brilliantly stupid on exalted levels...
    Edited by Miriel on June 27, 2019 9:49AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im currently re leveling my characters i enjoy the most on the same faction so i can actually pvp on them and after getting them done i deleted the old one on the other faction. After deleting my character that was locked in the campaign it still says its locked is that normal or what? I only had the one character that had entered the campaign so the one i deleted was the only one to enter and lock it. do i have to wait for the campaign to end to be able to pvp now?

It is not the character that is locked into a certain side on a given campaign, but your account.

If you log into a faction-locked campaign on a DC toon, your whole account is locked to only DC there, and you will be unable to play for the EP or AD side until the campaign ends. Deleting the character which originally locked your account to DC has no effect on this.

Just wait till the campaign ends, then enter the faction you want to play for.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep your locked anyways... I am probably going to take a break from the game for a month. Good luck.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star