The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvE heals

Jabassa
Jabassa
✭✭✭
So I main a PvP Templar heal/support tank, but I have enough skill points to dual spec for PvE now. I have 0 interest in trials, but want to do vet dungeons with my guild and was wondering which sets to farm. I've been looking at the following:

Spell power cure
The worms raiment
Light speaker
Prayer shawl
Combat physician
Shroud of the litch
(I can also make seducers)

Which of the following should I have/run? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys!
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC and Julianos would probably be best for dungeons, since then you can do a bit of DPS too. A pure healer isn't really very helpful in dungeons if you don't have trial sets to debuff and buff.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    PvP I run S&B/Resto

I've been working on my Destro staff so I'll be running Destro/Resto PvE. Ele drain and wall of elements. Probably a destro ult too. Plus shards and ritual and maybe jabs, I think I'll be okay on suplimental burn 😉
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also curious how well this would work out for soloing. It's been a LONG time since I really did any PvE at all on this toon lmao
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    So my question now becomes, is the crit from julianos really worth it when I can get more raw damage out of SPC/TWR especially with a combo of recovery/spell damage glyphs on the jewlery?
    Edited by Jabassa on February 26, 2019 3:44PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't Kagrenac's hope also be a good choice for dungeons
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't Kagrenac's hope also be a good choice for dungeons

It could, if you are having issues with people dying. But if people are dying then maybe your healer shouldn't be the one ressing.
    Jabassa wrote: »
    So my question now becomes, is the crit from julianos really worth it when I can get more raw damage out of SPC/TWR especially with a combo of recovery/spell damage glyphs on the jewlery?

Yes, crit > raw spell damage in PvE in most cases.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Kagrenac's Hope and Spell Power Cure with Earthgore for pretty much all Vet and Vet HM content (Not Trials). Rather easy to get/craft and can do a bit of DPS as well.
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    So full divines with %healing done, recovery, or spell damage?
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, all of my toons are PvP toons from the moment they hit 50
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spc and julianos.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts include:
    • Definitely run SPC, at least in 4-person groups.
    • I always run Earthgore these days.
    • I run Worm out of laziness, not even changing it if the DDs are both stamina. Other choices could be better.
    • Stat priorities: Magicka Sustain first, max magicka/spell power 2nd/3rd, and healing-done last.
    • Templar lends itself very nicely to one damage/destro bar and one healing/resto bar.
    • In part to proc SPC, always run Mutagen/Rapid Regeneration and cast it twice on cooldown.
    • Elemental Drain is part of a healer's responsibility.
    • Always run Blazing Spear/Luminous Shards. Note: Many tanks enjoy getting extra shards BETWEEN fights.
    • Always run Channeled Focus.
    • Elemental Blockade is great, and there's always room for it on your skill bars.
    • I usually run Reflective Light and Power of the Light as well.
    • I usually do not find room for Jesus Beam or Sweeps.
    • There are surprisingly few cases when it's worthwhile running a purge skill.
    • If I have two good DDs, I cast Combat Prayer on cooldown, and Warhorn as makes sense. If the DDs are weak, I may use the destro ultimate, skip Combat Prayer, and even slot Sweeps.
  • Slatra
    Slatra
    ✭✭
    SPC and jorvould with Earthgore or Nightflame.

Worm can replace Jorvould if your Damage players are magicka. Something that applies Vulnerability like Infal would be better still.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I main a PvP Templar heal/support tank, but I have enough skill points to dual spec for PvE now. I have 0 interest in trials, but want to do vet dungeons with my guild and was wondering which sets to farm. I've been looking at the following:

Spell power cure
    The worms raiment
    Light speaker
    Prayer shawl
    Combat physician
    Shroud of the litch
    (I can also make seducers)

Which of the following should I have/run? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys!

Mending !!

You may have zero interest in trials but you need to farm this set on normal for dungeons.

combine with SPC and chokethorn/bogdan/earthgore
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fair warning...

I was exactly the same as you. I was 100% a Cyrodil girl, with less than zero interest in venturing into PvE Land. I would grudgingly stomp through the dungeons when I absolutely needed to for the appropriate healing gear (good god i hated Bloodroot Forge), but I complained the whole way and grumbled about it for months afterward. Now, after getting a real taste of raids (I got pulled in to help out a friend who needed a healer), I'm hooked. Now I split my time pretty evenly between Cyrodil and scheduled raids/pug raids, and I've even made a ranged dd so I can farm plunder on more than one character.

It happens to the best of us. You might want to just bite the bullet and start farming the needed sets now so that it'll be an easier transition when it inevitably happens (and if you're a healer, it will happen).
    Edited by p00tx on February 28, 2019 10:00PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only dungeon set worth using from dungeons is Jorvlund. I’d skip dungeons unless you want practice or a monster set. Orlorime is the best PvE set and I found normal trials easier than vet DLC dungeons.

If you already have a monster set and CPs jump into a Craglorn pug for nCR and get orlorime. Next find a trial guild. You’re already sorta past dungeons.

Be warned though, pve healing is more about group/raid support than healing. It’s more rotation based than pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 2, 2019 4:51AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The only dungeon set worth using from dungeons is Jorvlund. I’d skip dungeons unless you want practice or a monster set. Orlorime is the best PvE set and I found normal trials easier than vet DLC dungeons.

If you already have a monster set and CPs jump into a Craglorn pug for nCR and get orlorime. Next find a trial guild. You’re already sorta past dungeons.

Be warned though, pve healing is more about group/raid support than healing. It’s more rotation based than pvp.

I have zero desire to run trials man, none at all. It's just not my thing, I'm big on no CP PvP. I'm only putting this together to help my guildies get the gear/monster sets they want.

So with that said, I'm not running a trial to get gear to heal vet dungeons 😉
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I have zero desire to run trials man, none at all. It's just not my thing, I'm big on no CP PvP. I'm only putting this together to help my guildies get the gear/monster sets they want.

So with that said, I'm not running a trial to get gear to heal vet dungeons 😉

I'm going to second the suggestion for doing CR. It can actually be quicker and easier than farming dungeons for gear. The trial takes a short amount of time and you have 11 other people that will trade or give you gear so few runs needed. Now, if you want IA from HRC or AA, than that's an entirely different problem.

I did CR the other night with a PvP guild that was short a few players for the trial. They seemed to have a blast doing the trial and I had a blast playing with them.
  • Pantherin
    Pantherin
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts include:

My question is, who made that the "law"?

We heal, and that is stressful enough...especially when the group decides to go to the 4 corners of the map and wonder why they are not getting healed.

Who has time or room on the bar to slot a magic-steal ability?

What do you give up to make sure that is slotted?

Saying it is the healer's responsibility puts that expectation on all healers.

I make sure my mana is replenished with siphon attacks, so the heals keep flowing, what is wrong with that person who can't manage resources did the same for their bar?

I disagree with you and think it is everyone's responsibility to manage their build accordingly.

There have been many groups I have healed where I was the one keeping the fight going, healing and rezing DPS who do not see or refuse to see the big red circle beneath their feet.

If I stopped to elemental drain a boss, the tank would drop.

Isn't that a skill everyone has available in their tree?

When and who said it is the healer's responsibility to slot a destruction staff ability for those who chose not to have it on their bar?

If it was a healer only thing, I would completely agree with you, but it is not, so it is an expectation on all of us to manage our resources accordingly.

My two cents.
    Legends of Tamriel

US Army Retired - (1990-2017)
    Combat Veteran
    Martial Artist - (1990-Present)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Pantherin

Elemental drain being the healer’s responsibility is a byproduct of people outgearing/outplaying content. It’s just how raiding goes.

Typically for raids doing progression more healing’s required so the raid adapts to increase survivability. Then when things are on farm healing’s stripped out for more dps.

That’s used to be how raiding in general works. In ESO trials player skill/experience/whatever plays a way higher role then anything else, so top end guilds are permanently setup stripping out healing for more dps.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    SPC / Kags / Earthgore is a solid healing setup and easy to get:

1) Buy key frags and hit the chest in vWGT for jewelry

2) Run reg WGT for two more SPC pcs, then upgrade them. Xmute if needed

3) Build / buy Kags

4) Earthgore I got from golden vendor, but you can use any monster set while you wait

I run all divines and increase healing because I overkill. Get to around 2k regen and balance the rest as you like.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pantherin wrote: »
    My thoughts include:

1. My question is, who made that the "law"?

2. We heal, and that is stressful enough...especially when the group decides to go to the 4 corners of the map and wonder why they are not getting healed.

3. Who has time or room on the bar to slot a magic-steal ability?

4. What do you give up to make sure that is slotted?

5. Saying it is the healer's responsibility puts that expectation on all healers.

6. I make sure my mana is replenished with siphon attacks, so the heals keep flowing, what is wrong with that person who can't manage resources did the same for their bar?

7. I disagree with you and think it is everyone's responsibility to manage their build accordingly.

8. There have been many groups I have healed where I was the one keeping the fight going, healing and rezing DPS who do not see or refuse to see the big red circle beneath their feet.

9. If I stopped to elemental drain a boss, the tank would drop.

10. Isn't that a skill everyone has available in their tree?

11. When and who said it is the healer's responsibility to slot a destruction staff ability for those who chose not to have it on their bar?

12. If it was a healer only thing, I would completely agree with you, but it is not, so it is an expectation on all of us to manage our resources accordingly.

My two cents.

1. We, the players.
    2. Heavily depends on how organized the group is... healing in pugs is definitely more stressful.
    3. Apparently most of the healers. Used by just one of the twelve players and it helps everyone that uses magicka (including yourself)
    4. Nothing. How many healing skills do you use, jesus?
    5. Yes, indeed.
    6. Sustain is not equal on each class. Ele drain is essential for most builds.
    7. Managing your build and the group setup is far more effective than everyone playing on their own.
    8. Again, not an organized group, most likely just a pug
    9. That depends on so many things, but in most cases you have plenty of time to drop your buffs/debuffs and heal at the same time.
    10. Yes, but the great thing is that it only has to be used by one guy.
    11. Actually it's not a big deal if a dd slots it instead of the healer, but people are used to it. Just tell the group when you go raiding the next time.
    12. Oof, you are repeating yourself.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU