The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Need to Keep Research Skillpoints After Complete?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Does it have any value to keep points in the research area after all the traits have been researched? This could be master writs, mats or something else (from dailies).
PC
PS4/PS5
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I know of.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have always taken mine back out.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, feel free to take them out once you've finished your research, they have no benefit beyond increasing research slots and reducing the time.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Nope, feel free to take them out once you've finished your research, they have no benefit beyond increasing research slots and reducing the time.

I recall reading that once, but I wanted to make sure. I may wait until others are finished though since the cost for that is a bit high, but good to know.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I relocated all the skill points I used in the researches passives to the keen eye after I finished all the trait research.
    Master writs or other crafting rewards are not directly dependent of the research passive.
    You just really need it to reduce the research times.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a brief mention that the total amount of skill points spent in crafting skill affects the drop rate, but by how much was not said. Experiment, take note what it is with them then how or if it changed for you after removing them.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only affect skill points have on any drop rates I know of is Master Writs are only given out for doing top material Tier writs.

Of course the materials returned from doing a writ will be indexed to your material passive.
    Edited by Nestor on June 28, 2019 1:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"