Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zos cancelled mid year. This for real?

frostz417
frostz417
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
ZOS_SarahHecker
11:02AM
Staff Post
In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.

Is this a joke? Do you really not care that much about PvP that not only do you just disregard the pitiful performance, but now you cancel the only good event us pvpers have to look forward to for this?
Keep in mind BG’s is a small portion of this event. But this is just absolutely pathetic from you guys.
First you neglect cyrodiil performance
And now you cancel PvP events because screw us, right?
I’m sick of this incompetent company just walking all over pvpers like it’s nothing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are necessary for 100% completion of the event achievements, like getting the Laurel crown.

Its also the celebration of ALL of PVP, not just Cyrodiil and IC.

So it sucks that its getting canceled because ZOS can't fix BG groupfinder quickly.

But doing Midyear Mayhem with BG groupfinder in its bugged state would be a disaster.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BGs are necessary for 100% completion of the event achievements, like getting the Laurel crown.

So it sucks that its getting canceled because ZOS can't fix BG groupfinder quickly.

But doing Midyear Mayhem with BG groupfinder in its bugged state would be a disaster.

They have nobody to blame but their incompetent ass team that doesn’t know how to even fix any bugs.
    Still should just shaft pvp’ers because of their lack of capability to fix their broken ass game. Now we get some washed up repetitive boring ass event.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you, you can still log into Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds without needing an event invitation..
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    What if I told you, you can still log into Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds without needing an event invitation..

What if I told you, pvpers look forward to mid year for DOUBLE AP GOLD JELWERY AND LARGE INFLUX OF PLAYERS FOR MORE ACTIVE CAMPAIGNS TO PUSH RANK. And now we lost that because zos does not give a **** about pvpers anymore.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

They have nobody to blame but their incompetent ass team that doesn’t know how to even fix any bugs.
    Still should just shaft pvp’ers because of their lack of capability to fix their broken ass game. Now we get some washed up repetitive boring ass event.

Oh you think they are actually trying to fix it?
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »

Oh you think they are actually trying to fix it?

Lmfaoooo not at all. Bet you money they’ll just phase out mid year and ignore us.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when people come to ZOS's defense on things like this, as if they are actually making some effort to improve the game.

They cited an article about "EU group finder issues" as the main reason for cancelling the event. They are literally pretending that the issue is the group finder, when in reality if this event goes live every pvp campaign would have a 10+second delay on every ability all the time, mass crashes constantly, 1fps across the board, etc. They are completely disregarding the real issue and pretending that it is something much more minor that they have a plan for fixing.

They don't have a plan to address performance, they would have shared it. They are most likely incapable of fixing it, and will keep doing minor bandaid fixes while scapegoating other issues and dancing around the complete unplayability of their game.

God bless z0$
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would have gone forward with MM then someone would have posted "they are having MM with their broken GF tool" bla bla bla bad ZOS...

Either way someone is going to complain. So delaying the event and fixing seems like a good idea to me.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The heart of the issue is that you can't queue into Battlegrounds without using the broken Groupfinder or risking a bugged match, whether there's an event on or not.

And since the Event sends lots of people to BGs, the odds of breaking the queue go up astronomically.

So we all lose out because ZOS can't fix a long-term, known issue with their groupfinder.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But...in all earnest, pvp performance has been very, very bad for the past....3 years or so, but the recent...1.5years(?) its been deteriorating rapidly...so whats different now? I have absolutely no faith that ZOS can fix it and even if they manage to improve it, its still going to be worse then acceptable. So the pvp events are cancelled, but I see no light in the end of the tunnel in terms of improving the performance of cyrodiil. Sad, but true. Peace out.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    But...in all earnest, pvp performance has been very, very bad for the past....3 years or so, but the recent...1.5years(?) its been deteriorating rapidly...so whats different now? I have absolutely no faith that ZOS can fix it and even if they manage to improve it, its still going to be worse then acceptable. So the pvp events are cancelled, but I see no light in the end of the tunnel in terms of improving the performance of cyrodiil. Sad, but true. Peace out.

Yep, now that they’ve cancelled PvP events that’s the official nail in the coffin.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, I was looking forward to it. :'(
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember Tharn saying that something will help him end the "misguided three banners war"? Is this the beginning of the end for PvP?
    Even with the God awful performance in PvP I still looked forward to the event and I think a lot of us realized that performance is **** and we try to get through it and have some fun.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not a completionist and my characters do PvP and don't do crime guild quests because they would be out of character. Sounds like a bad plan to me. In any case, this has been an annual event. If folks can't complete the achievements this year, they can do them next.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if I told you, pvpers look forward to mid year for DOUBLE AP GOLD JELWERY AND LARGE INFLUX OF PLAYERS FOR MORE ACTIVE CAMPAIGNS TO PUSH RANK. And now we lost that because zos does not give a **** about pvpers anymore.

because the lagg and ping would be Tripple what it is right now, would basicly make unable to even move without crashing.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed. The last double ap event at the beginning of the year seemed like a marked improvement in performance across the board. Would have been an excellent time to stress test the new campaign set ups (possibly revive what seems to be daily 1 bar pop across all campaigns aside from whatever they call Vivec these days).

Group finder has been a buggy mess for years. An absolutely known issue. There is no good will or benefit of the doubt that it will be “better” next year.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone always complained that they never worked on performance. now people are complaining that they are working on performance. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone always complained that they never worked on performance. now people are complaining that they are working on performance. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

but they are not working on it.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    As they are working on the battlegrounds groupfinder are they still fixing the dungeon group finder ?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They’re not working on it.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

because the lagg and ping would be Tripple what it is right now, would basicly make unable to even move without crashing.
    That’s why they open 4 additional campaigns
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

And ZOS just found out that their game has performance issues? They're "killing it" but begrudged the resources to address the problem until it reached such critical levels?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are killing it, quite literally.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought Peter when the wolf finally came.
    Edited by Idinuse on June 27, 2019 5:00PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chill out. You will be okay.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Chill out. You will be okay.

Honestly why are you even commenting on this? You have 0 constructive value. Please bring your nonsense somewhere else.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But every single freaking balancing, nerfing, and buffing, are only made with PvP in mind.

If you're gonna whine, use the right arguments. Don't play the victim. You're usually not.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it sucks the event is cancelled, but it'd suck harder with the larger population killing the servers even more. These events are full of pvers sitting behind siege trying to make a quick buck. That's fine and all, but not while the performance is as bad as it is. It really puts the "mayhem" in Mid Year Mayhem, that's for sure.
    I just hope to god its fixed by next year, but their track record suggests otherwise.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke. The player base has to suffer more because of an issue the devs have been ignoring for years. Yeah it would have sucked if MM still happened but that doesn't change that fact that the reason it would have sucked is still the devs fault in the first place. If anyone thinks this is okay you're only excusing a problem that stems from another problem.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4+ years playing eso and it's only getting worse imo. Ummm Goodluck to those who stay.

Worst part is I'm console... I'd hate to be PC and have over 11k hours invested in this game.