The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do item sets work?

Jeyy
Jeyy
Soul Shriven
So I have a necklace of the swift and 2 rings of the swift. 1 inferno staff of the swift and 1 restoration staff of the swift. Now the set bonus says that if I have 5 out of 5 said effect is in effect. However, what I don't understand is that since my 5th "swift" item is my backup weapon, would that mean I only get 4 out of 5? Will that mean that whichever I switch to, I'll only get 4 out of 5 for the set bonus because the 5th item is on weapon swap. I'm not too sure if I made sense but I hope you guys can answer this noob. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    2 Handed Weapons now count as 2 pieces of a set, in the same way Dual Wield/Sword and Board does. So in this case, you will have the full effect of BotS on any bar you have Swift weapons on.
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
    Answer ✓
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Staffs, Bows, and 2handers count as 2 pieces for a set.

So necklace, ring, and another ring = 3 /5 pieces
    Staff = 2 / 5 pieces

Overall 5 / 5 pieces

Lets say you switch that backbar Restoration Staff to a different Set and you were on the backbar in combat.... you have 3 / 5 on the Switch set and then 2 / 5 on the Restoration Staff set (assuming it was a 5 piece set and not a 2 or 3 piece).