The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A new battleground mode

EdoKeledus
EdoKeledus
✭✭✭
Hello

Introduction
Since Morrowind, we have had the same battleground mode known as: Deathmatch, Domination, Crazy King, Capture the relic and Chaosball. I do not reconsider their entertainment but their redundancy, that's why I thought about a new battleground mode called Destroy the cult.

Presentation
Destroy the cult will be a new mode with two purposes, destroy a daedric artefact keeps by the Worm Cult or defend it from the Cult of the Ancestor Moth.

Rule
In this new mode, two teams of twenty players face each other during two rounds of 15 minutes each with at the beginning, an offensive team and a defensive team alternated at the end of the first round. During the first round, the offensive team must destroy the artefact as quickly as possible and the defensive team must prevent this. If the offensive team manages to destroy the artefact before the time limit, the first round is over and the time spent is recorded.
In the round number 2, the offensive team becomes the defensive team and vice versa. The time in the second round will depend on the time used by the offensive team during the first round (the recorded time). The offensive team has two conditions to win:
-Destroy the artefact in less time than the previous team.
-Inflict more damage on the artifact than the previous team.

The defensive team also has two conditions to win:
-Prevent the destruction of the artefact in the recorded time during the first round.
-Concomitant less damage on the artifact than the previous team.

The artefact owns a certain amount of HP.
The artefact can't be healed.
The maximum length of time of one round is 15 minutes

Map
This new mode has its own map larger than the others.
Siege weapons and mounts can be used.

Conclusion
I was very inspired by a battleground mode from another game.
Let me know your suggestions.
Edited by EdoKeledus on June 25, 2019 1:29PM
DC PC EU Vivec
Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

A new battleground mode 25 votes

Interested
48%
TylersohJohnnnyJobooAGS_Ahala_EdoKeledusWoppaBoemUrvothairilietigermendingSacredEarthMitaka211stritzi 12 votes
Not interested
44%
MurderMostFoulAhzekCinbriChunkyCatPuzzlenutsDBZVelenaSshadowSscaleJierdanitgabormezooxygen_thiefasnd 11 votes
Other
8%
FirstmepHotdog_23 2 votes
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested
    I would love something like that. BG's are very small scale focussed and Cyro is very big. Something like this in the middle would possibly me enter this.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Not interested
    20 players are enough to form a zergball, so unfortunately it would be unplayable at the current state of the game.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested
    Sounds cool, but would be better if it were smaller with teams of say 6.
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    Interested
    I may have exaggerated the number of players but the idea stays the same.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Johnnny
    Johnnny
    Interested
    10 or 15 is fine. It remembers me of GVG, which is absolutely absent from this game.

It would be cool to also form your guild and invite another guild for a fight with some rules like BG has.
    Johnnyzz - mSorc - NA Sotha/BGs

http://plays.tv/u/Johnnyzao
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Remove domination for starters, crazy king is much better ctf, that actually encourages pvp rather than just running around avoiding fights.
    We can go from there.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested
    sounds like csgo, maybe with far fewer players would be in order
    Edited by JobooAGS on June 27, 2019 4:02AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I like the idea except the size of each group plus I don't see ZOS moving away from the three team system. Could it be a ball that moves around and each team does as much damage to it as they can quickly as they can while fighting the other groups. So you would have to decide if you want to hurt the other teams by trying to stop them or damage the ball and hope you can out dps them. OR maybe give the ball like 5 million health and when it is finally destroyed or the timers runs out whoever did the most damage wins.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested
    remove everything but dm, fix bugs and everyone will be happy