Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar skill choice question for pvp

Horcsogg
Horcsogg
If I am mainly a support healer with my Templar would the Vampire`s Bane ability that deals decent damage, slows and gives about 2000 spell critical or the skill Restoring Aura suit me better?

I am not sure what would benefit my team more, more crit and so bigger heals or more mana.

Also how does Restoring Aura work? Does it always steal magicka if I am within range of enemies (25meters as far as I remember).

ps ps Would you think that the other morph that restores Stamina and HP from the dead bodies work better with this skill?
I have seen a few builds and some of them seem to prefer this morph of the skill whereas nobody has ever used the magicka steal one.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horcsogg wrote: »
    If I am mainly a support healer with my Templar would the Vampire`s Bane ability that deals decent damage, slows and gives about 2000 spell critical or the skill Restoring Aura suit me better?

I am not sure what would benefit my team more, more crit and so bigger heals or more mana.

Also how does Restoring Aura work? Does it always steal magicka if I am within range of enemies (25meters as far as I remember).

ps ps Would you think that the other morph that restores Stamina and HP from the dead bodies work better with this skill?
    I have seen a few builds and some of them seem to prefer this morph of the skill whereas nobody has ever used the magicka steal one.

if vamps bane is your only dawns wraith ability being cast, pick that over restoring aura. reason being the reasons you listed already (snare, crit, extra dmg) but also it casts minor sorcery for your teammates around you.

If you already have crit buff from pots (crit+imovable+mag pots are very strong), than run restoring aura. but i would take the vamps band for dmg.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horcsogg wrote: »

I use the magicka steal one. It does help and doesn't cost anything to use. It's basically like giving everyone a magicka recovery buff.