The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wearing different sets

Camatoo
Camatoo
Ive got a little questions in terms of sets you can use.

I know i can use two at a time, but what would be the best way to wear them?

Right now im using my main-healset Olorim on jewelery and weapon

Then i would use my second set on the armour itself.
So if i swap one set for another (as example from jorvuld to aether) i have a pretty straight setup for those and dont mix things up.

Is there some thumb rule for getting sets in certain forms? Or is that only a thing of preference?

For dungeon sets i would assume armour is easier to obtain, since upgrading jewelery to legendary is quite expensive.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sets with a unique fixed buff such as major courage from olorime really doesn't matter which position it is as quality doesn't affect the primary gain. That said it is easier to get body pieces of perfected olo so that can play a role. Often the idea that a set is better in jewelry/ weapons vs body pieces comes down to easy of gain and how important improvement is unless the goal is to only front bar (if thats the case you need either the jewelry, three body pieces, or a mix of the two and the required weapon) or the set drops in an unideal armor weight (berserking warrior is heavy armor) it generally doesn't make too much of a difference.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With orlorime I prefer to use it only on my lightning back bar. Then you can use a weapon set on your front bar, and only have one ground based ability on my back bar so I can place it where I want it.

That way you get the benefit of orlorime and the weapon set.

Setup like this. I like the one on this build and the asylum resto staff is nice too, probably better because you Combat Prayer to reduce the cost of orbs:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=153880
    Edited by Iskiab on June 26, 2019 8:36PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab do you really need 3.4k regen? that seems like overkill. also what makes you have impale and rapids on your bar?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think jewelry is worth going gold. I gold all else but just leave jewelry at purple.

I like to keep head and shoulder slots open for a monster set.

If you run a dropped set that comes in the wrong weight, that can force some slotting choices. Example: Magplar who wants to run 5(light)/1/1 but wants to use Rattlecage (heavy) for the permanent major sorcery instead of gulping spell power potions. Solution in my case was Rattlecage for cuirass, both staves, two rings so I'm only wearing 1 heavy piece.

Last consideration I look at is in a 5/1/1 setup, I try to have heavy and medium on the pieces with more armor ability (like head, chest, legs).
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

Yea, that much recovery might be overkill. I threw it together quick when someone else was asking about PvE NB healing.

I found that I used to heavy attack when I used IA before but these days I don’t bother to HA too much. More regen means more orbs, so why not you know?

Even when I’m doing something like vHoF that’s healing intensive I found HPS isn’t an issue, sustain is moreso the issue and throwing enough orbs for the raid. Might as well jack up the recovery to spam more of them.

Asylum staff and orb spam would probably be best I’m thinking now. Plus looking at it orbs on the front bar would be better, with refreshing maybe on the back bar.

I put impale there just because in dungeons I try to get my dps up. I try to aim for 10k+ and if there’s downtime might as well throw in an impale. IDK, I wasn’t sure what to put there.

Rapids because I always run it in dungeons. Speeds things up a bit and I’ll sometimes use it where there are a lot of running around mechanics.

Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten