The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Pve mobs have penetration?

Serchant
Serchant
Soul Shriven
Just as the title says.

Im working on a tank build (both pve and pvp) which is currently slightly above the resistance cap and am wondering is the extra resistance is of any use in pve
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    The short answer is no, there's no point in going above resistance cap for PVE on a tank.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do. Exactly 100. That's why the PvE resist cap is 33100 instead of the 33000 that would be the cap against a player with 0 penetration. Anything above 33100 is wasted in PvE though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to remember is your resistance cap target should include any buffs, self applied or from the group, that you would expect to benefit from.

Me, I sit around 28K resistance static, so I hit the cap with my main resistance.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Serchant
    Serchant
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys, i currently got around 35k res and 41k buffed so gonna lower the res and replace it with something else

But for pvp it wouldnt be so bad to leave it like that? Since many pvpers have penetration
    Edited by Serchant on June 26, 2019 4:40PM
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct in PvP players can stack debuffs and penetration to bypass armor so being above cap is good for tankiness
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, i currently got around 35k res and 41k buffed so gonna lower the res and replace it with something else

Good idea. As others have said, make sure you are checking your buffed resistances. Depending on the monster set/potions you are running, you will not have Major Ward/Resolve (which adds 5280 to spell and physical resistance, respectively) until you cast a particular skill. Also, some monster sets will proc to give you additional resistances (Lord Warden and Bloodspawn are examples) that will stack with what you currently have. Also, you cannot stack resistances of the same name. For example, Mighty Chudan monster set gives you Major Ward/Resolve. If you then try and cast a skill (like Balance from the Mages Guild line) that also grants Major Ward/Resolve you'll still only have 5280 bonus to physical and spell resistances, it won't be doubled from the two different sources of Major Ward/Resolve.