The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

question about nirnhoned research

rwalsmitb16_ESO
rwalsmitb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello,

Is there a reason I would need to research nirnhoned on weapons ?
Right now im researching nirnhoned on medium, light and heavy armor. Is that enough or is there some important reason I should also research it on all weapons with woodworking, blacksmithing and clothing ?

Thanx,

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say weapons should be a higher priority for you to research Nirnhoned since its one of the most used traits on weapons. But its the most expensive trait mat/research items, most guild crafters will make you items for research but you have to supply the potent nirncrux.

As for armor, Nirnhoned should be the 9th trait you research, since its almost never used.

Every single item in the game requires you to research all nine traits. If you want to be able to craft everything or change traits of gear later on with transmutation crystals.

When it comes to weapons, Infused, Nirnhoned, sharpened, precise tend to be the most frequently used.

Armor, tends to be Divines, Impen, Infused, Well fitted, sturdy tend to be the most used.
  • rwalsmitb16_ESO
    rwalsmitb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanx for all the info :).

Ok so weapons should have priority for nirnhoned over armor pieces, for research that is.

Well I was just thinking about the sets that require 9 traits. I've played eso like 6 years ago and just started again since a week ago. My old crafter chars already have all other traits on everything researched for all crafts that need them. The only one I miss now on clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking are the nirnhoned traits so ill be researching those now.

I didn't even think about using the nirnhoned trait themselves but more like just having the trait researched for the 9 trait requirement sets. In that regard I figured that it would be enough to just research the armor pieces since those are a lot cheaper to buy, with nirnhoned traits, then the weapon trait items from guild traders. So its more an issue of saving money and then still be able to craft the 9 trait requirement sets at some point.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for all the info :).

Ok so weapons should have priority for nirnhoned over armor pieces, for research that is.

Well I was just thinking about the sets that require 9 traits. I've played eso like 6 years ago and just started again since a week ago. My old crafter chars already have all other traits on everything researched for all crafts that need them. The only one I miss now on clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking are the nirnhoned traits so ill be researching those now.

I didn't even think about using the nirnhoned trait themselves but more like just having the trait researched for the 9 trait requirement sets. In that regard I figured that it would be enough to just research the armor pieces since those are a lot cheaper to buy, with nirnhoned traits, then the weapon trait items from guild traders. So its more an issue of saving money and then still be able to craft the 9 trait requirement sets at some point.

If you want to craft the 9 trait sets, its still worth it to have 9 traits for weapons, or at least the commonly used ones. That's because crafted sets are often paired with a dropped or BOP set. If you pair it with a BOP set, its a lot easier to craft weapons in the desired type and trait than to hope to get lucky with the drops where even if you get the right type of weapon you'll probably have to transmute it.

if paired with a dropped set, the cost effectiveness of crafting can vary a lot. Often, if the dropped set is in high demand, crafting your weapons might be the cheaper option. But if the pairing is a BOP set, crafting the weapons is almost certainly the more efficient option unless you are very lucky with RNG or need Trial/Arena weapons.
  • rwalsmitb16_ESO
    rwalsmitb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanx that's also exactly what I needed to know :). Thank you guys for all the info. Ill be researching nirnhoned on weapons too then.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need them at this point, but I am researching them anyway. I have just been buying gear at guild vendors (mostly Alinor) that is <20K each. Still seems to be cheaper to do that than to by the trait item.
    PC
    PS4/PS5