Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any races that believe it's wrong to kill your ancestors?

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
And also wrong to pay someone else to do it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Redguards think its dishonorable for them to kill their ancestors, but not for someone else to do it.

The Dunmer think its okay to use their ancestors in necromancy use their ancestors as tomb guardians, but nobody else should touch them.

The Nords like to enbalm and draugr-ify their ancestors, and in Hillgrund's tomb in Skyrim there is one NPC who's not thrilled if you loot their tomb.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 25, 2019 2:28AM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the word ancestor mean they have been dead a long time? How can you kill them?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an rp thing you can justify one way or another yourself.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok folks aren't getting my humor I guess. Sometimes it seems like every other quest is some dude sending you to fight ghosts of his ancestors because it's against his religion for him to do it, but apparently it's totally fine for him to just pay you to do it instead. Always seemed incredibly contrived to me.

Dunmer and redguards do it a lot, but I think all the races do it from time to time.
    Edited by worrallj on June 25, 2019 2:50AM