Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How will Rimmen being Destroyed affect Gameplay?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If Q4's Dragonhold DLC will have Rimmen being destroyed by a Dragon, how will that affect everyone's gameplay? Will there be a whole separate instance of the city for those who have completed the Rage of Dragons questline?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cinematic portrays ingame events differently.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even think that was Rimmen in the trailer
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    If Q4's Dragonhold DLC will have Rimmen being destroyed by a Dragon, how will that affect everyone's gameplay? Will there be a whole separate instance of the city for those who have completed the Rage of Dragons questline?

What makes you think it is Rimmen?
    PC EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it looks exactly like the city in the first Elsweyr cinematic, which was Rimmen.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The precious crafting area! The lady who sings!

Gone all gone?!

Khajiit cannot see how this will work.

Why put so much effort into making such a pretty city only to reduce it to ruins? Maybe it's a part of the city we haven't been to yet - like that temple door no one can get though?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the full second part of the trailer is out, I don't think it'll actually have Rimmen burning at all, I think all the trailer was really saying was that Sai Sahan would be in the next part of the story. Just like the Morrowind trailer showed Warden, Naryu and the trial boss in events that didn't happen in the game storyline.

It sounds like there will be a 3rd part of the trailer too though because of the "to be continued" at the end again. Maybe we'll see the final part at quakecon?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because it looks exactly like the city in the first Elsweyr cinematic, which was Rimmen.

It's just the film making company re-using scenery assets. Nothing to see here ;)
    PC EU
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure that was Rimmen, a larger town yes but perhaps not Rimmen. Plus that crafting area is awesome, everything is like 5m away from each other. Wee! ^^

Anyways, could have been a town in Southern Elsweyr! :o Foreshadowing!

Took a screenshot from the trailer. That is not Rimmen. Nope, now I'm like 95% sure it's the aftermath of Kaalgrontiid and some other dragons. Kaalgrontiid is obviously not there anymore since it's not him Khamira fights in the cinematic.

We know everyone was pretty much heading south and we don't know where Kaalgrontiid went, possibly south as well.

71Eqm5z.jpg

jw1A5PO.jpg
    Edited by VDoom1 on June 21, 2019 6:57PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm yet to see a group of argonians to roll in a cage with a menacing looking white male in a cloak (which isn't glued to his butt cheeks) who also happens to possess necromantic powers inside.

Just saying.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Not sure that was Rimmen, a larger town yes but perhaps not Rimmen. Plus that crafting area is awesome, everything is like 5m away from each other. Wee! ^^

Took a screenshot from the trailer. That is not Rimmen. Nope, now I'm like 95% sure it's the aftermath of Kaalgrontiid and some other dragons. Kaalgrontiid is obviously not there anymore since it's not him Khamira fights in the cinematic.

We know everyone was pretty much heading south and we don't know where Kaalgrontiid went, possibly south as well.
    71Eqm5z.jpg

jw1A5PO.jpg

Southern Elsweyr is the Tenmar Forest, a thick jungle rainforest and temperate/tropical climate. You can obviously tell in the cinematic they're still in the deserts of Anequina.

I'm honestly confused why people are so adamant that city isn't Rimmen anymore.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The newest trailer picks up with our nightblade>classchangetoken>necromancer picking himself up from under the locked wagon door he was behind at the end of the previous trailer. At least that's how it looks to me. If that Argonian caravan is presumed to be headed to Rimmen in the previous trailer, I'm not sure how it wouldn't be Rimmen at the start of the new trailer.

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i take we have ruled out that it was kings landing? :D
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »

71Eqm5z.jpg

jw1A5PO.jpg

Southern Elsweyr is the Tenmar Forest, a thick jungle rainforest and temperate/tropical climate. You can obviously tell in the cinematic they're still in the deserts of Anequina.

I'm honestly confused why people are so adamant that city isn't Rimmen anymore.

I admit I'm not very knowledgable about the geography of Tamriel, but is it possible that it could be Corinthe?
    Im thinking maybe Corinthe is close enough to Anequina southern border to have a more desert type surrounding, and perhaps the Tenmar forest starts just south of there?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cinematics =/= actual gameplay.
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I'm yet to see a group of argonians to roll in a cage with a menacing looking white male in a cloak (which isn't glued to his butt cheeks) who also happens to possess necromantic powers inside.

Just saying.

That is meant to represent the player(like the Warden from Morrowind's cinematic)
    Edited by Vuldovahkriid on June 24, 2019 5:25AM
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810