Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Colors?

seanolan
seanolan
✭✭✭✭
Was wondering if there would be any plans to allow different colors on armors and clothings. Even with the different styles of the various races, I find myself wanting that extra level of customization that color changes would give me.

Besides, I saw a generic NPC in black leather that got me so jealous....
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it'd be amazing if something like a dyeing system was set up where we could apply different colors to our gear! They could even integrate it into our current crafting system, where you buy different solutions, or harvest specific plants for their recoloring properties and refine the essence you get.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • stryderzz
    stryderzz
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, i got so annoyed that my altmer gear for lvl 40 was all sexy and black and then at lvl 42-44 it was a washed out white turd
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having fun with those disguises that I've been finding. Perhaps more of those will pop up in the future.
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Oh, it'd be amazing if something like a dyeing system was set up where we could apply different colors to our gear! They could even integrate it into our current crafting system, where you buy different solutions, or harvest specific plants for their recoloring properties and refine the essence you get.

ooooh, I like this...maybe as part of provisioning or alchemy to create dyes, and clothing/smithing to successfully add to the armor.
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have suggesting a dyeing ability tied into Alchemy but the real question is, did the game makers take this into account? If they didn't and especially colored each piece of armor (no matter how random it may seem) then it would be quite the undertaking to remove all the coloration from all of the armors and link them instead to a dye system.
  • elvenranger
    elvenranger
    Soul Shriven
    A dyeing system would be a nice add in addition to a preview before craft window.
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    I think that if they added a dye creation ability to Alchemy for coloring armor, and a tinting filter (talismans?) ability to Enchantment for coloring powers, it would go a VERY long way to diversifying character concepts.

Imagine a Necromantic Dragon Knight with black armor and blue fire effects? Or a Bosmer Fae Sorcerer with purple robes and pink spells? These colors wouldn't have to be bright and ugly, just a subtle tint that adds to the idea of the character and his/her purpose or background.