Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Does provisioning skill affect drop rate?

Draygo68
Draygo68
Soul Shriven
I was wondering if anyone knew if your characters provisioning skill has any impact on the drop rate for acquiring "Perfect Roe"? From what I have noticed the drop rate seems to be right around 1% as I am obtaining 1 about every 100 fish or so but I haven't really done a lot of fish with my character that has the provisioning skill and was wondering if the drop rate would go up?
Peace, Love and Dragons

Best Answers

• sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant say for sure but i would say: No
    my mastercrafter is also my fisherman guy and its still around 1 out of 100.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 for every 100 to 200 fish is the historical drop rate. In fact, 1 in 100 is at the fat end of the RNG Curve.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draygo68 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone knew if your characters provisioning skill has any impact on the drop rate for acquiring "Perfect Roe"? From what I have noticed the drop rate seems to be right around 1% as I am obtaining 1 about every 100 fish or so but I haven't really done a lot of fish with my character that has the provisioning skill and was wondering if the drop rate would go up?

My understanding is no.

But you can increase rare drops by having a second person fish with you... I think.
  • Draygo68
    Draygo68
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the info. I was thinking it was no, but wasn't sure and figured it didn't hurt to ask
    Peace, Love and Dragons