Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are people liking running full Pirate Skeleton and Shields?

darkblue5
darkblue5
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems a bit counter intuitive given the way I use shields as a precast burst heal and HOT rolled into one. The skeleton change has messed me up even with disguises or the skeleton polymorph. What are people doing to make it work? Cause Major Protection is the business, as they say in the business. :wink: But not being able to bar swap or cast abilities stinks, and I esp. tried it on magblade and felt I had nowhere near enough healing to make it work. This was with a Dark Cloak build and adding stuff like Refreshing Path or Combat Prayer brought up the healing at the cost of using bad skills on extremely tight bars. So if I did add the healing I ended up with horrible bars.

What's the secret?
In before everyone claims their build is some secret special stew that's too good to post. Y'all know magden/magdk/magplar/magblade/magcro are all super tier two and if you got a good, say, magplar build it ain't like spilling the beans loses you a competitive advantage. If you needed that advantage you'd be playing magsorc :D. And everyone knows what the best magsorc builds are.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you asking specifically for magblade? I play magblade with pirate smelly, but don’t use a shield.

Love pirate smelly, but I use it along with major evasion and keep my merciless stacks. I’m also maybe 70% healing and 30% damage:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=131568

Sanctuary’s nice. Interestingly since I’ve switched to using sanctuary, my healing numbers are lower but my win rate has increased. Buffing everyone else’s self healing is really good.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 22, 2019 2:34AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Are you asking specifically for magblade? I play magblade with pirate smelly, but don’t use a shield.

I'm asking in general because I'm playing more mag specs and getting more mag specs ready for some PvP. I got my magsorc, magblade, and madDK ready so far. Pretty sure PS could work on a magDK SnB block based build w/o shield but I haven't felt like PS did enough on magblade w/o shield solo. Same ofc for magsorc solo, esp. because the shield based build is so good.

Got a High Elf magplar, and a Breton magden I want to mess around with. Magcro Khajiit vs stamcro Khajiit is a real question, jk it stamcro 100%.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I've seen people talking about PS and shields for mag chars unless they meant SnB shields lol.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is impossible to play with PS. Too much bugs