The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone like this?

Vencenzo
Vencenzo
✭✭✭
RNG elite gear vendor boxes.

Why is this still a thing?
Just bump the price up to 150 AP and let us pick the set we want to buy like in IC.

No one wants to potentially spend 2mill AP getting a vicious death staff after their friend rngs with 20k. That's a system a bad asian mmorpg would use.

Also I think the vendors family might die if no one buys his wares. He needs to shift business plans.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they are imporant tools to help players a) to get used to RNG boxes, so they will not panic when they are later exposed to paid RNG boxes (scam crates), and b) to get skewed perception or chances, so when they are later exposed to paid RNG boxes, they will keep buying them until they get what they want, which may take a long long time. And a lot of money.
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    I think the rng boxes are fine, they give you something to sell on your guild trader and they give me something to buy from your guild trader so i do not have to farm every piece of gear.

Its not a bad system at all. My honest opinion of your statement about farming 2 million AP, makes me think you are lazy, and do not deserve the staff you desire.

If things are not somehow challenging they arent worth doing

also if you always get exactly what you want very easily and dont have to work for it, you will not respect the value of said reward, as well as getting very bored very quickly, and the being forced to go play your hello kitty online characters.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost my virginity to a bad Asian mmorpg.
  • HorrorShow
    HorrorShow
    ✭✭✭✭
    jdamuso wrote: »
    I think the rng boxes are fine, they give you something to sell on your guild trader and they give me something to buy from your guild trader so i do not have to farm every piece of gear.

Its not a bad system at all. My honest opinion of your statement about farming 2 million AP, makes me think you are lazy, and do not deserve the staff you desire.

also if you always get exactly what you want very easily and dont have to work for it, you will not respect the value of said reward, as well as getting very bored very quickly, and the being forced to go play your hello kitty online characters.

What is challenging about RNG?
    "Never go in, miss. Never say a prayer at its door. If you are angry, do not seek revenge by the Laughing Maiden Stone, or at the threshold of the Tombs. There be those who listen for oaths and vows...What may be said in innocence and ire becomes flesh and blood in such places."
    -Old Marsh
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate all RNG boxes. Not only is the concept is dumb, but it's tedious managing the dozens of unwanted items one receives.

But psychology informs ZOS that RNG boxes are addictive and token systems that show clearly the progress made in earning an item are discouraging because they expose the grind. That's why ZOS does RNG almost everywhere.

Conclusion: stop paying this company and support more ethical studios
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the rng boxes. I love features that make this immersive rpg I pay lots of money for feel like a scuzzy slot machine.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are not rng boxes they are surprise mechanics.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    HorrorShow wrote: »
    jdamuso wrote: »

What is challenging about RNG?

Nothing, whats challenging is farming 2 million AP. which i do weekly for recreation. So that is not even challenging, im not sure it i have gone a day without making 200k ap without even trying to. If i were pushing it, 2million could be done in a couple days. It might take you three weeks of farming to get a rattlecage inferno staff. so why should you get a viscious inferno in an hour - guaranteed -.