The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't log a ticket ... wtf is happening. Can't login again to Xbox server - fed up

Fallenlords
Fallenlords
✭✭
I can't log a support ticket. Asks me which platform then goes to the login screen I type in details (account already logged in) and nothing happens. I changed my password etc. Still bug all happens. I am just totally fed up with this, it is ridiculous.

Problem can't login again. Connection to server error. Can't even log a support ticket. Because I have VPN account goes mental, unauthorised access to account from this machine. Verification email gets trigged as spam. Have to *** about administering something, when all I want to do is play the f**king game. If this isn't sorted quickly, I am cancelling ESO plus ditching the game and looking for a refund on Elsweyr. I have had enough. Nearly every time I go to play the game I am having problems, though surprisingly less problems out of peak hours. Which again would indicate frigging server problems.

And all ports are open, client is in the DMZ - tried all the other crap. It isn't the client, it is the server. Sort it out, UK based. Fed up, had enough and plan to cancel. Just giving you the heads up and an opportunity to resolve the problem, before I hit up Microsoft for a refund and cancel ESO plus.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Fallenlords

Have you tried creating the support ticket through a different web browser?

If you are still unable to start a ticket through the ESO support website, you can contact support by following the steps below:
    1. Visit the account recovery page and select your platform, your Userid, and the appropriate option in the drop down for "Issue Type."
    2. Fill out the form to the best of your ability. If you are currently using a different email than the one that is associated with your ESO game account, please enter that in the Your Current Email Address line.
    3. Enter what you can remember about your account in the Account Ownership Verification fields.
    4. Attach any proof of purchase you may have to the form.
    5. In the Describe Your Problem in Detail box, please include the email address that is currently associated with your ESO game account and a brief description of your issue.
    6. When you have finished filling out the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.

Please let us know if this allows you to start a support ticket or not.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    I am past caring to be honest, I logged in today after about 7 attempts. And then when I logged in game world is lagging like anything. Collect a resource, animation doesn't happen resource just disappears. Delay on mounting horse, combat effects slow and out of sync. Game world is lagging. I imagine all support are going to do is make out it is a client issue. Of course I imagine you know it is a Bank Holiday here in the UK and more people are likely to be playing during the day today, and tweaked your Megaservers accordingly ... he jests.

You have server issues, but I doubt you will ever admit that. And the way I see it as soon as Elsweyr hits it is only going to only get worse. So unless you have some server upgrades planned between now and June. Seems an opportune moment to bow out and call it a day I will get into BDO or something. Because problem has been going on for months now and it is getting worse not better. I wouldn't mind, but as an ESO plus member - I am paying to not play a game that I actually want and try to play. When I can't even connect most days to pickup a daily reward and just do a bit of farming, it add insult to injury. 500mb cable connection, wired connection to router from Xbox One X, all ports open, client even been placed in the DMZ with static IP etc etc.

Don't think I haven't noticed the start of the performance issues also coincided with ESO being made available on Game Pass. I just don't think things are being managed at your end as far as the server is concerned. And I think support will just follow the normal script and make out it is a client issue, which I don't accept, having gone through that before and the problems only being resolved after 'server maintenance'.

And can't be bothered to try different browsers to log tickets etc. Or even log tickets any more. Unless somebody wants to admit there are server issues and they are going to be addressed, seems like an exercise in futility.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fallenlords cancel your plus, all they care about is $$
  • Gr00v3nburg3
    Gr00v3nburg3
    ✭✭
    @Fallenlords To be honest I'm in the same boat as you, I've tried and tried and they will never admit it and honestly I hope it does get worse and more people get the problem. Spiteful of me I know but if they won't fix an issue that's clearly on there end then what's the point. I'm still waiting on my support ticket to be replied to by them, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll give it a go when Elswyr drops and if it's still broken then I'm done and will be looking elsewhere (pun not intended) to put my time into.
    Edited by Gr00v3nburg3 on May 27, 2019 5:38PM
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 2 support tickets about my EU account not working are both closed and therefore also "solved", first I closed myself when I felt nothing much was done about it. Second ticket was about many issues and some clarification for EU and NA server when I was about to start on NA server, ticket was forwarded to the specialized team again as topic being my EU account, I started playing on NA server and didn't much want to think about my EU account at all since there clearly wasn't any hurry, well I got some troubleshooting questions again, there was 96 hours time to respond, which I didn't while I was actually playing on the working NA server, ticket expired and was well "solved" again. My last ticket was about the missed statuette and daily rewards, it started well again with the first respond from support, then my statuette issue was forwarded to the specialized team again even the person from support couldn't guarantee anything, and now I'm talking about just one little furnishing item and daily rewards and they cannot or want to even guarantee those. When I finally got answered by the specialized team, it was all about some troubleshoot list for my EU account once again and nothing about other missed stuff. I told my ticket wasn't originally about my EU account even connected to that obviously, but the missed stuff, they were confused about my last reply and now I probably need to just copy paste the original ticket and create a new ticket since there's probably some time limit for me to respond for the same questions that I've very clearly made already. I have time limits as a customer to provide some answers when I need some support, they don't have any time limits or much responsibilities for their paying customers. It's amazing how almost completely powerless a customer is in the year 2019, customer's most affecting move to do something is simply quit playing and paying, not too horrible loss to lose one whining customer when there's new players coming all the time. At this point I don't think the support tickets are the correct way to actually try getting something working, they work probably mostly with smaller issues, next step is probably connecting Microsoft and just sharing more of my opinions about all this on forums. I feel like many customers with issues are simply slowly but surely made frustrated so they'd quit playing and problems would be solved kind of. Situation has come to the point when I hope more issues appearing for many players when Elsweyr arrives, I wouldn't have thought about ever thinking like this before for the game I still want to play.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Like I say I think it is the servers. You run a ping test on the NA servers it comes back as an average of 175ms at the moment - but early on today, when it was out of hours average was 64ms. I could connect fine to the NA server, no problem at all.

At the same time the EU server averaged 42294ms - during the day and tonight. The server is the problem, the load on the server. Be better off switching to the NA server during the day, and the EU one late night/early morning.

Same time other multiplayer games/MMO such as BDO, COD, Destiny 2, Division 2 ... no issues at all. No lag in the game world, no lag from the servers. Xbox status for the network is fine, store working fine, everything else working fine.

I ping The Division servers or any other game I am not having a problem with, the ping is always reasonable. Below 200ms for EU/UK.

You get to a point, where you can tell when the problem is your client/connection and when it is the server. With the problem being isolated to ESO and no other issues, ESO servers must be the problem. Or the route through from Microsoft. But as things always get better for a short time after ESO server maintenance. I think I know where I would place my money if I was a betting man.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Things have been fine for me just lately :) . E3 I saw it was announced they had increased server capacity, which seemed to coincide with my problems disappearing.

So fair play, seems resolved at the moment at least for me. Hope others are having less problems now as well.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just tried to log in with my EU account again and no surprise it's still stuck as usual, all hope is gone after 3 months and game over!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Fallenlords

Have you tried creating the support ticket through a different web browser?

If you are still unable to start a ticket through the ESO support website, you can contact support by following the steps below:
    1. Visit the account recovery page and select your platform, your Userid, and the appropriate option in the drop down for "Issue Type."
    2. Fill out the form to the best of your ability. If you are currently using a different email than the one that is associated with your ESO game account, please enter that in the Your Current Email Address line.
    3. Enter what you can remember about your account in the Account Ownership Verification fields.
    4. Attach any proof of purchase you may have to the form.
    5. In the Describe Your Problem in Detail box, please include the email address that is currently associated with your ESO game account and a brief description of your issue.
    6. When you have finished filling out the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.

Please let us know if this allows you to start a support ticket or not.

You broke the servers. This is YOUR FAULT. It’s not on our side. FIX YOUR DAMN GAME
  • VeryEvilPuma
    VeryEvilPuma
    ✭✭✭
    Things have been fine for me just lately :) . E3 I saw it was announced they had increased server capacity, which seemed to coincide with my problems disappearing.

So fair play, seems resolved at the moment at least for me. Hope others are having less problems now as well.

I'm happy for you. But I have every day it gets worse and worse. Everything you've described has been happening since Elsweyr. Support has not answered me 5 days and in the end, after the advice in the style of turn off/turn on the console said, that all these problems of Microsoft.
    All in all for me this game is still broken. And my faith in the best is dying every day.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    I'm happy for you. But I have every day it gets worse and worse. Everything you've described has been happening since Elsweyr. Support has not answered me 5 days and in the end, after the advice in the style of turn off/turn on the console said, that all these problems of Microsoft.
    All in all for me this game is still broken. And my faith in the best is dying every day.

Sorry to hear people are still having problems, thought it would be sorted for everybody with them mentioning an increase in server capacity. They at least seemed to be an acknowledgement that they saw capacity as an issue. Overall performance has improved for me as well, no lag. But I am not doing Elsweyr, I have an odd system. I am doing Summerset and will do Elsweyr once everybody moves on to the next bit of new content.

• Arrow_In_The_Knee
    I'm not sure if this helps but I have been so frustrated with the lag lately and couldn't take it anymore. I hopped on my DK and no lag what so ever. Hopped on my Sorc and no lag whats so ever, went back on my Necro and lagged so bad. So my account the lag is tied to my Necro character which is the one I like playing right now. Hopefully this helps other people with lag, and I should have known with ESO not to play something new right away. If only they would hire decent coders.